Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
AUTOCAD1
Starter Motor

Default fiesta problems

I've got a WP fiesta which is 2weeks out of warranty. with only 45xxxkm on the clock.

Yesterday my car started to have a rough idle and the check engine light came on. So I drove it into my local ford service centre in St leonards, only 5minutes away from work.

I was first told that the ignition coils were faulty and they were going to replace the faulty one (1pm same day). I called back at about 4pm to find that the welsh key(or plug) can't remember, was corroded. Was told the car won't be ready today, should be fine for pickup tomorrow.

Called in this morning to find that they were still working on it. Get a call at 2pm this afternoon to find out that it was non of the problems as explained earlier but the crankcase (i think that is what he said) had corroded and will need a new one. They don't have any here, and will need to wait till next week for a new one (can't give me a date).

Also, FORD have said that they will pay for the part, but have yet to decide whether they will pay for labour (est. $800).... I'm hoping they come to the party since it is a part that was faulty, not something that has deteriorated over time.

So fingers crossed, I get my car back next week. Also I'll now have to fork out for a hire car, as they won't provide a loan car....

anyone else had a similar problem?

AUTOCAD1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Adsy01

Mine is about to hit 45k with no problems at all so far (touches nearest wood made item).

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Just crossed 90K in my 05 WP.

thankfully no major issues at all...
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been thinking about the extended warranty as my Fiesta is nearing 45k and 3 years old. Warranty is $1125 for an extra year, $1265 for 2 years and $1495 for an extra 3 years up to 160000kms. This is FORDs full factory warranty. An afte rmarket warranty is $895 for 3 years and up to 175000kms with $2000 per claim. Might get the FORD warranty.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
AUTOCAD1
Starter Motor

It has now been 10 days and still no car. They are now apparantly rebuilding the engine. not happy jan!!!!! :SaiyanSmi :SaiyanSmi :SaiyanSmi

atleast FORD has agreed to pay for the labour and parts.....but I wonder what other fiesta's might have the same issues.
Old 29-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Wow... real spot of bad luck there...

On the bright side, they are covering the full cost of repair and you are not out of pocket there. Sure, the cost of renting a car sucks - maybe you should have hit them up for a loaner FOC - but if you go to a place like Bayswater they usually have some great cheap deals.

Also, if you use the car for work, claim the rental cost back on tax.

Keep us all posted with results... may the force be with you!
Old 30-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
AUTOCAD1
Starter Motor

hi,

can someone give me a list of items that get serviced during the 15000 and 30000 service? thanks

urgent!!!!.. got my car back today but it feels like s@#t.
Old 30-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
Als_Zetec
Rated G

It's all in the handbook... there is a service schedule detailing what is done in each of the A, B and C services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOCAD1
hi,

can someone give me a list of items that get serviced during the 15000 and 30000 service? thanks

urgent!!!!.. got my car back today but it feels like s@#t.