Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
2002au
Define definitive

Default car holding revs with aircon on

hey guys, my cars got a problem where say you change gear (manual) at 2000rpm, it stays at 2000rpm until you put into next gear and let out the clutch. but only does this when the air conditioner is on. does this no matter what rpm you change gear at. wondering what the problem is? hard to fix ?

cheers

BF F6 TYPHOON in NEO #718 ~ 356rwkw :
BF XR6 TURBO in SILHOUETTE
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Default Re: car holding revs with aircon on

Might be a worn or faulty IAC (idle/air controller) or you may have some gunk in the throttle body where the butterfly is or around where the sensors are..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: car holding revs with aircon on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002au
hey guys, my cars got a problem where say you change gear (manual) at 2000rpm, it stays at 2000rpm until you put into next gear and let out the clutch. but only does this when the air conditioner is on. does this no matter what rpm you change gear at. wondering what the problem is? hard to fix ?

cheers
My manual does this also. I just make my gearshifts slower in the Summer! LOL!

I have two AUs, so I might swap over the IAC units and see if that does anything.

Hope you get yours sorted.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post