Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
monopolize

Default Im new to the forums

Hey guys,

I've been a member since 2012, never posted, been lurking, always been a fan of fords, especially the xrs...

About 3 weeks ago, my Mitsubishi got t-boned and written off while I was in it, guy was speeding, wife was injured, but shes ok now.

Anyway! so now I actually have bought a ford... and my favourite shape/model too, so you will now hopefully see me lurking AND posting in here!

My new car is a 2005 BA MKII XR6 Non turbo, 85000 ks, never been in an accident, perfect paint, perfect whole car actually.

Pics! (Sorry bout the size!)

monopolize is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Im new to the forums

Good to hear you and your wife are well.

The oil' Falcon will be a bit different to the Mitsubishi. I can't ever seem to get comfy inside one of them, but the falcon seats are mini lounge chairs!
sexyxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XR looks the goods, enjoy.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you wont know your self in the falcon over the Bitsamissing

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
monopolize

Gotta say, the seats are comfy, the car rides like a dream when cruising, and when you put your foot down a little, it grips like it's on rails, im in love with it, everything I wanted in a car and more.

But yeah I did love my magna too, it was a 1995 limited edition of only 400 made, had a bit of centimental value too cause my dad gave me it... But what I got in insurance I never would of got selling it, so it's probably good it happened that way cause my wife never stopped complaining about how much the damn thing was costing me!
monopolize is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Very nice example, the paint looks great, can hardly see paint chips on the front bar/bonnet and headlights/foglights still look clear.

Hope it treats yous well...

Good luck.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
you wont know your self in the falcon over the Bitsamissing
A bitsamiss'n is a nissan
He had a bitsashítti
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
A bitsamiss'n is a nissan
He had a bitsashítti
I always called them MissinBitzies after seeing a mates early model Triton fall apart.

monopolize welcome to Fords as well as the forums. Keep the polish up and it should last you years.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome mate. Glad you are loving the falcon. The Kms are low too for that year model!
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #10
deluxe_

Welcome to the hood brah.
deluxe_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #11
FGX008

Thumbs up Re: Im new to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by monopolize View Post
Hey guys,

I've been a member since 2012, never posted, been lurking, always been a fan of fords, especially the xrs...

About 3 weeks ago, my Mitsubishi got t-boned and written off while I was in it, guy was speeding, wife was injured, but shes ok now.

Anyway! so now I actually have bought a ford... and my favourite shape/model too, so you will now hopefully see me lurking AND posting in here!

My new car is a 2005 BA MKII XR6 Non turbo, 85000 ks, never been in an accident, perfect paint, perfect whole car actually.

Pics! (Sorry bout the size!)

The same model and year as my first ford falcon XR6 which I miss even to this day. I curse myself for ever selling it because it was a fanstatic car. How did you ever track a car with just 85,000 clicks on the clock? You have done very well for yourself. Your new wheels looks fantastic and glad to hear your wife is recovering. Look forward to reading your posts and contributions.

Cheers, Brent