Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Anyone here have Cert II aircon?

Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone here has certificate II in automotive airconditioning, they mentioned it might be a good thing to do while I'm in the middle of my apprenticeship, but they said I have to work for a company licensed to do air conditioning work? I think we are as we've done some Aircon modification, installing compressors and stuff before.

I've already done about 8 of the 13 moduals needed through my apprenticeship, so its just a matter of doing a few more and paying for recognition of prior studies.

Thanks much.

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I'm doing it at the momment, at present we are not licensed to do air con gas work.
The only requirement we had to do was to have cert 2 in anything, yes that's correct anything, even cert 2 in hair dressing is the only qualification you need, well that's the exact scenario the teacher listed.
My apprentice is doing it with me and there is a little overlap to what he is doing at trade school. Both teaching facilities are communicating with each other so as his results count in both areas, but both are part of Chisolm

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I'm doing it at the momment, at present we are not licensed to do air con gas work.
The only requirement we had to do was to have cert 2 in anything, yes that's correct anything, even cert 2 in hair dressing is the only qualification you need, well that's the exact scenario the teacher listed.
My apprentice is doing it with me and there is a little overlap to what he is doing at trade school. Both teaching facilities are communicating with each other so as his results count in both areas, but both are part of Chisolm
Ah yes good, yeah I'm at Kangan and they've designed it to work in with our auto elec certificate so we only have to pay for recognition of prior learning and the course, then do two more moduals and you'll get the certificate.

I'm looking to do it as well, I've already done service airconditioning systems as well, is it very hard to do?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Still doing it at the moment, but it looks very basic and designed to pass the licence requirements, I have been told that a lot of people that pass, still are not efficient at air con diagnosis and repair

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post