Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 
Default Knucklehead Holden fan

I bought a BA wagon for my wife yesterday, she is quite exited about it so rang her father (Holden fan) to tell him, his reply was "it's a Ford....im not interested", wtf is with the small minded attitude of some people ?
I am now ashamed to be related to him....... i hope we as Ford fans are bigger than that and can see good points in the opposition, and not totally disregard every model of a brand just because we don't like the badge it comes with. :

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 18-05-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Some people are just narrow minded. Hardly worth worrying about to be honest. Not your problem. He, on the other hand, has a daughter he has just crushed and now has some MAJOR problems to work out. I doubt this is finished.....I have daughters....they get revenge.

Oh, and are you racing at Heathcote in July again? PLEASE!!!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Oh, and are you racing at Heathcote in July again? PLEASE!!!
I don't think so mate, my gearbox needs attention after Heathcote, i don't know if it will be done in time (wifes new car set me back $).
But Brenx just finished his with 306rwkw, so there will be at least one hard launching old school Falcon there.
Old 18-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
Kryton

just pay him out the next time his Holden breaks down.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't worry about it, had similair comments after I got my car. Basically its there lose. Would like to know if people would buy an inferior product (not saying any of the current cars are) just to support a particular brand, ie if the VE Commodore turns out to be a flop (again I am not saying it is) will these people still buy a Commodore becaase of there dislike for Ford?

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #6
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I bought a BA wagon for my wife yesterday, she is quite exited about it so rang her father (Holden fan) to tell him, his reply was "it's a Ford....im not interested", wtf is with the small minded attitude of some people ?
I am now ashamed to be related to him....... i hope we as Ford fans are bigger than that and can see good points in the opposition, and not totally disregard every model of a brand just because we don't like the badge it comes with. :
My dad never owned a ford but likes driving the AU ghia. One of the reasons of myself prefering a Ford is I used to go to calder in the 60's and 70's with my dad to watch Norm Beechy in the yellow HT monaro race which my dad thought was the best car on the planet at the time .So I started to follow Alan Moffat in the boss Mustang. My dad owned a EH prem but the Beechy HT impressed him so much he traded the EH in at Dustings in Burwood vic ( which no longer exist)for a brand new serbring orange 308 p/glide HT GTS.
I suppose its like a football team very few people that follow footy would change camps easy.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #7
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bah. The BA's nice to drive bugger driving the equivalent Holden and also being comfortable. Lucky for me at work I get to test all the new cars.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
My father was the same when I owned Holdens, wouldn't let me park it in his driveway when I was visiting.. Loves my new XR8 and proclaimed the other day... if I had a driveway, I'd let you park in it.

It was somewhat in jest but somewhat serious as well. I had an HX with a 308 in it that got about 20 defects when they were cracking down on a dodgy pink slip provider (I was ****ed because they had sold me the car about 6 months before with the pink slip) but I had just bought a new EA. It was parked in the old mans driveway until some numbnuts decided he would try and pinch it one night, crowbarred the door open but couldn't defeat my kill switch. The old man asked if he could fix it up and sell it so it was hit pet project for 6 months, got it up to spec and pocketted 4k.

My best mate also wouldn't drive my SS home one night from the pub when I had a few too many to drink because it was a Holden. Parked it there overnight and caught a cab home (yeah, I couldn't believe it either) but looks for an excuse to try and get behind the wheel of my XR8.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I don't think so mate, my gearbox needs attention after Heathcote, i don't know if it will be done in time (wifes new car set me back $).
But Brenx just finished his with 306rwkw, so there will be at least one hard launching old school Falcon there.
bummer

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
just pay him out the next time his Holden breaks down.
No no no! When he calls for help fixing it just come out with 'It's a Holden......not interested".
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #11
irsa76
Snoopping

Take it on the chin and show him who the bigger man is. No point worring about it.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #12
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Yea there are quite a few narrow minded people out there in the Car world, many Holden people I talk to for example, will be something like 'Clubsports are mint, way better than any Ford' to which I would reply something like 'yea they're not bad, some of the bodykits are pretty ugly though, the new GT's are real coo'l and they would just totally dismiss it. Not really worthing talking about cars to those people.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #13
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Black mailed my Dad into cancelling the Commodore order he placed & swithing to a Failaine Ghia, by saying his Grandson would disown him. He laughed; until Grandson rang to say he could visit in the Commode!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #14
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Shame it's like that with some poeple. Was the old dude serious? Or was he just having a dig? Brand loyalty can only go so far, and "not interested" because it's another brand is very closed minded indeed.

Just yesterday, a work mate approached me to ask me what suspension I had on the TS50. We talked a bit and I pointed him to King Springs, a set of super low should be on order today as he said he would. I knew he had just purchased a VY SS before he approached me, but it did not phase me, or make me think any different of him. I even advised him about the LS1 edit which he knew nothing about, and pointed out a few websites for him to check out.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously even if you have brand loyalty it isnt polite to act that way. Its uncalled for even if you dont like it you could at least look at it and keep the comments to yourself. Just rude.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Shame it's like that with some poeple. Was the old dude serious? Or was he just having a dig? .
He was half serious, when i was helping my Mother in law shop for her new (super charged 6) Monaro, i tried to steer her towards test driving an XR6, when he found out he hit the roof, anyway, at least i talked her into a gen3 Monaro instead of the underpowered blown 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stationwagon
Come on Ford, build an FPV wagon!.
That would be great..... :

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 19-05-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 19-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #17
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Totally agree. There is one knucklehead holden fan inparticular thats no longer welcome on my property... for stating "piles of sh1t, they should be at the tip" while walking up my driveway, uninvited, with my G/F's sister while I was out of earshot.

If you can't show respect for another blokes cars, when your on his land, then you should expect to be leaving in pain :
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #18
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i know what you mean mate.
when i was working for the local ford dealer last year (which is next door to holden) all my inlaws (holden fans) all said "oh your almost working at a real car dealer, work your way up so you can move next door".
so childish
Old 20-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #19
VooDoo
Lux-0-Barge Racing

Not all Holden fans are so one eyed mate. Ive never owned a ford myself, hated the look of the AU but love the look of the BA's especially the new MkII GT's. The old XB/C Coupes are still one of the the sexiet cars around. If Ford ever brought in the mustang ill change camps in a second.

Holden or Ford who cares as long as its not Rice
Join #ls1 on irc.oz.org All Car Enthusists Welcome
VooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #20
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I work with a guy whos a big Holden fan, and we bag each other out in a playful way all the time, but when I mentioned that the XR6 is due for service, he straightaway told me he will get the ECU software for me to play around with, myself.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 20-05-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post