Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 
Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Joes car is damn nice for a street / strip car it looks great. There is a bigger crowd on a Wednesday night then a TC round lol.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Joes car is damn nice for a street / strip car it looks great. There is a bigger crowd on a Wednesday night then a TC round lol.
yeah, i noticed that.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
prasac
Banned

hey Phil, how u go tonight mate? i saw the car drive past us in the lanes but never got a chance to see what it ran or come up for a chat.

Paulie
Old 19-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
hey Phil, how u go tonight mate? i saw the car drive past us in the lanes but never got a chance to see what it ran or come up for a chat.

Paulie
Hey Paulie, it was pretty much a write off last night unfortunately. We had a computer glitch (my fault) which wouldn't messed up the gas settings so I couldn't get the car up on the transbrake for launch. We mucked around with it a bit but couldn't get it sorted so I pulled the pin. Its an easy fix, but we just didnt have the gear there last night to sort it out. Nevermind, live and learn. Its a shame, cos it turned into a really nice night for racing and I had some family come out that wanted to see me race.

How did you guys go? So awesome to see you guys whack the street tyres on and just drive her home. Very impressive.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYC06T
Hey Paulie, it was pretty much a write off last night unfortunately. We had a computer glitch (my fault) which wouldn't messed up the gas settings so I couldn't get the car up on the transbrake for launch. We mucked around with it a bit but couldn't get it sorted so I pulled the pin. Its an easy fix, but we just didnt have the gear there last night to sort it out. Nevermind, live and learn. Its a shame, cos it turned into a really nice night for racing and I had some family come out that wanted to see me race.

How did you guys go? So awesome to see you guys whack the street tyres on and just drive her home. Very impressive.
it sucks not having what you need at the track. we had computer issues a few months back. i had 2 laptops at the track and the ECU wasn't communicating with the laptop, makes for a stressful time because it was a race meet.

we had a really good night out, unfortunately we only got 3 runs was a few stoppages. we went with the same bowser street E85 tune. we think we found the limit of it. it's nowhere near as torquey as the Race E85 even with a few psi more at the launch it still didn't 60', it was consistent though 1.35 and 2 x 1.34 60'. ran a 8.42@164 first pass, then 2 8.37's@164 they aren't PB's but we were very happy with the results. anytime u can safely take the car home is a good meet

it surprises a few people a low 8-sec car can drive to and from the track, but that's the beauty of the turbo cars. here's some video from last night if u want to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlT863m8as
Old 19-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
dat_40l

hey guys, i was wondering what happened last night?? i was there racing my black xr6t from blacktrack performance.. hope you get it all sorted and get to she your beast back out there..
Old 19-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_40l
hey guys, i was wondering what happened last night?? i was there racing my black xr6t from blacktrack performance.. hope you get it all sorted and get to she your beast back out there..
Yeah, I saw you there and wanted to come say gday, but with the dramas we were just trying to sort it out. Your car looked great. How did you run?

Quote:
it sucks not having what you need at the track. we had computer issues a few months back. i had 2 laptops at the track and the ECU wasn't communicating with the laptop, makes for a stressful time because it was a race meet.

we had a really good night out, unfortunately we only got 3 runs was a few stoppages. we went with the same bowser street E85 tune. we think we found the limit of it. it's nowhere near as torquey as the Race E85 even with a few psi more at the launch it still didn't 60', it was consistent though 1.35 and 2 x 1.34 60'. ran a 8.42@164 first pass, then 2 8.37's@164 they aren't PB's but we were very happy with the results. anytime u can safely take the car home is a good meet

it surprises a few people a low 8-sec car can drive to and from the track, but that's the beauty of the turbo cars. here's some video from last night if u want to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlT863m8as
Sounds like a great night out for you boys - I cant wait to get to the point where we can go side to side both running low 8's. A turbo 6 vs a turbo 8. A heavy nugget and a light capri. Would make for some cool photos. Especially wheels up at launch!

I will check out the vids now.
Old 20-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like a great night out for you boys - I cant wait to get to the point where we can go side to side both running low 8's. A turbo 6 vs a turbo 8. A heavy nugget and a light capri. Would make for some cool photos. Especially wheels up at launch!

I will check out the vids now.
it was alot of fun, i told Joe we had to run u tonight it would make a great video. he was keen. we try to keep the wheels up at a minimum now too many scary moments in the Capri

the other brother John is the wheelstand king in his Corolla. he used to do 200-300ft wheelstands almost every launch, he has no fear or is crazy it would still run a mid 8 he got sick of them and eventually put a bigger wheelie bar on

Old 20-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah, I saw you there and wanted to come say gday, but with the dramas we were just trying to sort it out. Your car looked great. How did you run?
Mitch finally got his 10, it went 10.66
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
dat_40l

Quote:
yeah good first time with new e85 and powerglide setup and went 10.66@128, so time to cage up and put my big boy pants on now lol... we only went to 3400 where it has a 3800 convertor and transbrake to go.. no good about the problems, hope you get them sorted soon.
Old 20-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
prasac
Banned

Quote:
yeah good first time with new e85 and powerglide setup and went 10.66@128, so time to cage up and put my big boy pants on now lol... we only went to 3400 where it has a 3800 convertor and transbrake to go.. no good about the problems, hope you get them sorted soon.
all the best with it, saw it out there. looks good

great to see all these 4L I6 motors stepping it up.
Old 20-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #12
dat_40l

cheers mate, your capri is a awesome car... hope we arent hijacking this thread too much lol
Old 21-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
CYC06T

Quote:
cheers mate, your capri is a awesome car... hope we arent hijacking this thread too much lol
Its all good!

Well done and congrats. It is good to have plenty of guys out there giving it a good go!

We will be back out soon. I will stop messing with the computer and all will be fine. I am just super keen to go faster now. It doesnt take much to really get addicted to it. Its even harder when you also know the car still has plenty in the tank without us really leaning on it hard yet.
Old 21-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Its all good!

Well done and congrats. It is good to have plenty of guys out there giving it a good go!

We will be back out soon. I will stop messing with the computer and all will be fine. I am just super keen to go faster now. It doesnt take much to really get addicted to it. Its even harder when you also know the car still has plenty in the tank without us really leaning on it hard yet.
that's the good and the bad thing. good thing the car goes faster, bad thing is it takes more cash
Old 21-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #15
CYC06T

Quote:
that's the good and the bad thing. good thing the car goes faster, bad thing is it takes more cash
That it does Paulie, that it does!

Hopefully I can get to a meet before Christmas to try again.....
Old 22-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
dat_40l

Quote:
Its all good!

cheers again, let us know when you head out again, i wouldn't mind coming down to watch the big girl race again....
Old 21-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
prasac
Banned

we are gonna try to get another 1 or 2 more in also. probably next Full throttle Friday and either the Sunday or a Wednesday R4R (we just turn the boost down) training new driver Joe is getting a little sick of driving, he misses not being able to watch it go down the track. video is just not the same to him. Elliott is a good little driver, not sure who won more meets in the capri over the years Joe or Elliott
Old 21-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
CYC06T

Quote:
we are gonna try to get another 1 or 2 more in also. probably next Full throttle Friday and either the Sunday or a Wednesday R4R (we just turn the boost down) training new driver Joe is getting a little sick of driving, he misses not being able to watch it go down the track. video is just not the same to him. Elliott is a good little driver, not sure who won more meets in the capri over the years Joe or Elliott
Sounds like we may get to line up next to each other before the year is out! Saturday meets are hard for Dom to get to at the moment, so FTF will probably be the go. I will keep you posted.

Now just to get the computer bit straightened back out again and on with the show.
Old 21-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like we may get to line up next to each other before the year is out! Saturday meets are hard for Dom to get to at the moment, so FTF will probably be the go. I will keep you posted.

Now just to get the computer bit straightened back out again and on with the show.
sounds good. the FTF's are good. apart from all the oil downs etc last week you get a fair few runs.

how long does it take to boost up without the NOS? ur lucky, being a 6-clylinder u get to use it. us V8 boys don't get that luxury. it's easy now spooling the twin 62's, but, when the 67's go on it may be a different story. people don't realise how much harder it is to get the turbo's up on boost with an auto compared to a manual.
Old 21-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
CYC06T

Quote:
sounds good. the FTF's are good. apart from all the oil downs etc last week you get a fair few runs.

how long does it take to boost up without the NOS? ur lucky, being a 6-clylinder u get to use it. us V8 boys don't get that luxury. it's easy now spooling the twin 62's, but, when the 67's go on it may be a different story. people don't realise how much harder it is to get the turbo's up on boost with an auto compared to a manual.
You know I didnt even try to get it up on boost. When I saw the nos wasnt kicking in I just let the transbrake go and rolled off. I kept into it to dust off the cobwebs, but otherwise it was a very ordinary pass.

You are right, there did seem to be quite a few stoppages last Friday. I guess it just didnt go well for a few people. I am just glad I wasnt one of the casualties eh.
Old 23-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
prasac
Banned

Quote:
You know I didnt even try to get it up on boost. When I saw the nos wasnt kicking in I just let the transbrake go and rolled off. I kept into it to dust off the cobwebs, but otherwise it was a very ordinary pass.

You are right, there did seem to be quite a few stoppages last Friday. I guess it just didnt go well for a few people. I am just glad I wasnt one of the casualties eh.
shame, you coulda still got a few passes. get a yank converter, you won't have to rely on the NOS then
Old 21-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #22
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The pistons would be custom spec anyway..
I've seen some nice Cosworth pistons with crown pushed
down due to massive boost..
Not that Cosworth are weak !!!
It's just they have been pushed way past what they are
designed to run at..
What size gudgeon pin was used ??
Tool steel ??
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #23
michael (HYPOEB

Top work mate! Good work on getting these heavy things moving that quick!
michael (HYPOEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #24
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I mean look how long it's taking Pauly to get out there ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #25
dirty

Very impressive indeed, good luck and hope you continue to improve the et's

Cheers
dirty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
CYC06T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
Very impressive indeed, good luck and hope you continue to improve the et's

Cheers
Thanks - I too am keen to improve and go quicker. The car has definitely surprised us all in how well it is running, so hopefully its just a matter of watch this space!
Old 21-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #27
CYC06T

Took the car out last night to Freaky Friday - it turned out to be a great night weather wise and the track prep was pretty good because the Santos boys were out doing some more testing.

Car is running well and I was able to go a little quicker - a best time of 8.6 @ 163 mph. I am getting closer to the quickest time we have run and I am keen to push past it

Am having a blast driving it....

There are plenty of meets on in the next month or two so should be out pretty regularly.
Old 21-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Took the car out last night to Freaky Friday - it turned out to be a great night weather wise and the track prep was pretty good because the Santos boys were out doing some more testing.

Car is running well and I was able to go a little quicker - a best time of 8.6 @ 163 mph. I am getting closer to the quickest time we have run and I am keen to push past it

Am having a blast driving it....

There are plenty of meets on in the next month or two so should be out pretty regularly.
well done mate, saw the car out there, looked good.. the boys loved your Range Rover we took the Capri out, electrical issue, one of the coils crapped itself and the thing wouldn't rev past 6200rpm. at least we now know what the car can do on 30psi@6200rpm
Old 21-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #29
CYC06T

Quote:
well done mate, saw the car out there, looked good.. the boys loved your Range Rover we took the Capri out, electrical issue, one of the coils crapped itself and the thing wouldn't rev past 6200rpm. at least we now know what the car can do on 30psi@6200rpm
Hey Paulie, yeah the car is running great and we are all having fun! The Rangie is an awesome car. This is my second one and it is definitely the goods. It makes a nice tow car, I just need to get someone to actually tow me I will get there.

Yeah I only saw the Capri late in the nite and I didn't get a chance to come over and say g day. We had a small issue before my last run with one of my guys not putting the water cap on properly and we lost some water on the start line and had to push back and sort it out. Otherwise a sweet night.

So what times did you guys run?
Old 22-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #30
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Hey Paulie, yeah the car is running great and we are all having fun! The Rangie is an awesome car. This is my second one and it is definitely the goods. It makes a nice tow car, I just need to get someone to actually tow me I will get there.

Yeah I only saw the Capri late in the nite and I didn't get a chance to come over and say g day. We had a small issue before my last run with one of my guys not putting the water cap on properly and we lost some water on the start line and had to push back and sort it out. Otherwise a sweet night.

So what times did you guys run?
i saw it pushed back when we were coming back from the deep end. i thought u hurt it, then i saw u driving it back, i was wondering what happened.

was coughing and spluttering all the way down the track, ran a best of 9.5@142, she would only rev to 6200rpm we tried a few things, then noticed the plugs that are on coil 1 were alot blacker than the others. so we believe the coil is gone. a real shame as we were going to give it the 3psi or whatever we have left in it, and the young bloke Elliot was driving, he is 114lbs lighter than Joe. we were hoping PB's also.