Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Weird Solution to Slow loading Forum

For some time now, I have had huge problems with all pages in this forum being ridiculously slow to load. (Every page would take 25~30 seconds to load.) The problem commenced when changes/upgrades were made to security. I have tried various diagnostics, even sought the help of interweb gurus, all to no avail.

I hit upon a solution almost by accident.

And its extremely weird, considering the problem is caused by security protocols.

If I use a proxy to hide my IP address, the problem goes away. I use us.hideproxy.me for another purpose, and I typed in the forum address literally by accident. (Typed it into the proxy page instead of the address bar)
Voila! Back to blazing fast speed
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Weird Solution to Slow loading Forum

Another area I noticed in recent weeks on the forum that is becoming quite slow...
If you upload your photos to your AFF gallery space to use in posts, they are loading very slowing in the threads.
Never used to be this way... Maybe the AFF server photo disks are getting full or need a good defrag.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2019, 02:14 AM   #3
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Weird Solution to Slow loading Forum

We moved house, and at that time changed internet provider. (Although still on NBN as we were before.)
Have had no problems with the forum since the move.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post