Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #31
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum80
I was told that its ******** weak due to the relatively small engine size, so I pointed out that my girlfriends 1.3L Toyota Yaris has an aircon like a meat freezer...

See what they say about the gas level anyway, and hopefully the software update for the fuel economy

another point, anybody had trouble with reverse on the manual gearbox? Mine is starting to have trouble getting into gear of late, might just need a bit of oil
Someone on here mentioned putting it in neutral letting the clutch out, clutch back in then select reverse. I've been doing this and it gets into reverse with a nice solid clunk every time, haven't crunched it since. I was having trouble sometimes, mostly on cold mornings.

P.S all our services (with us supplying oil) Have been about 150 bucks on the Fiesta which seems about average on here, some are getting them much cheaper (I don't think an oil change should take anywhere near an hour myself), I bet I could get it done in 10 minutes including washing my hands
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #32
shroomies49

Metro ford quoted me $280 for the 15k service.

My fez has only just ticked over 4k so i can shop round for a couple of months, can anyone recommend one round brisbane or southside?

What oil do you guys recommend for the change?

Tenille
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use Castrol Edge 5W/30. Used it in my WP, and the WS likes it just as much
Old 23-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I used Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W/30, it was $75 for 5L
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #35
BruceT

Angry

Expletive deleted!
Just got the 15k service with Alto Ford Artarmon Sydney.
I also asked them to tighten a wing mirror, which I came loose from a garage nudge.
I was initially quoted $169, but when I got there was informed that was a "between service quote" - the 15k was $300.

Final bill $446.70 incl. GST. Service (mostly inspections) was $265.78 (+GST), including $172.50 labour (plus GST). Mirror adjust $57.50 (plus GST)!!! (That's an hours work to tighten a bolt!) They also charged $42.89 (plus GST) to replace front wipers (they had seemed fine & I did not authorise this) and $39.91 (plus GST) to rotate and balance the wheels. Curiously my left rear wheel has a few scuff marks from hitting the kerb. It still does, so rotating and balancing did not appear to include the left rear wheel.

Unfortunately the car is on novated lease, which means service costs come out of my salary before tax. Are lease arrangements regarded as an excuse to rip people off?

I'm trying to work out who to call first. Perhaps the NSW Police.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #36
doctamick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
Unfortunately the car is on novated lease, which means service costs come out of my salary before tax. Are lease arrangements regarded as an excuse to rip people off?
I completely agree, BruceT. The novated lease with an expenses card is just like signing a blank cheque to the dealers and having a tattoo on your forehead, saying "charge me whatever you like". As you may have read, I also got screwed on my first service, but now insist that the dealer must call me if any charges are different to the service cost that I agree to prior to any work being done, no matter what the lease company may agree to pay. (And I won't go back to the dealer that over-charged me.)

It also amazes me that there can be such a discrepancy in "standard" service costs from dealer to dealer, for completing the same work. There seems to be more than 100% difference, with quotes from around $150, to those well into the mid-$300 area. This is bloody ridiculous!

The fact that this particular dealer charged you for the rotating and balancing the wheels/tyres, without actually doing anything, typifies the attitude and work ethic of some in the industry. I hope that your complaint gets a result for you, wherever you end up taking it.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #37
Ben85

Dont go back to the dealers!!! Everyone knows they rip you off!!! Ring around and get some quotes from other places, ask your friends if they know a good mechanic, i have never paid anymore than $200 for a service on my car, and that included spark plugs, fuel and oil filters, oil, etc. Do yourself a favour and find a good mechanic who'll let you watch wat they are doing!!! AKA: nothing to hide!!!!

As for your wipers they must be having a lend of you!!! My fiesta is three and a half years old with 95 000 on the clock and still has the original blades on it!!!

Moral to the story, dont go back to the dealer!!!!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I used Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W/30, it was $75 for 5L
Umm why??? When you can get the castrol edge sports 5w/30 for around the $45 mark??

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
Expletive deleted!
Final bill $446.70 incl. GST.

Welcome to the club. We have jackets if your interested...

There is no way id be paying for the alignment etc if it wasnt done... I hope you give them heaps....

I told mine im never going back..
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #40
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
Umm why??? When you can get the castrol edge sports 5w/30 for around the $45 mark??
I typed into super cheap auto 5W/30 and it was the first result lol.
Old 28-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #41
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funnily enough my wipers have crapped themselves, after less than a year and only 11,000km. When new i was amazed at the quality of them, but now they leave residue all over the window. Toowoomba weather no doubt played a part here.
Old 28-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #42
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

My 15k service cost as per below,

WORKSHOP SUPPLIES 8.00
OIL FILTER 6.93
Filter Assembly (pollen filter) 23.84
ENVIRONMENTAL LEVY 8.00
ENGINE OIL 34.20
Ford Fiesta 1.6L 2003+ 15000 km (Labour) 98.40
GST 17.94
Total 197.31
and I thought I got touched.
Mine is leased. I specifically tell them not to rotate or do wiper blades when I drop any car off to be serviced.
Cheers
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #43
BruceT

Can anyone recommend any Ford dealers in Sydney for service?
Especially North West Sydney.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #44
jandj

my partners turbo diesel focus 09 model is getting 15k services 2day.$280 from locally indpendant mech.ive had bad exp with ford dealer servicing in the past so i dont go back.i have a novated lease on my bt-50 bruce t,and my servicing is a fixed price.as for my partners focus,performance wise goes like a rocket ship.has the same torque power as my bt-50,and runs on and oilly rag fuel wise.awesome little car well done ford.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #45
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Golden, you're onto a good wicket there fella, that's cheap as chips compared to a few others here! Not bad especially considering it's an imported car, and from Europe, so people normally charge for that. That's a bloody great price!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
JClarke
Deaf Driver

My car is due for its 15k service this coming thursday and I was quoted $240 for the regular check up service, and I hope that amount doesn't change! If they do, I am changing car service companies.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Funnily enough my wipers have crapped themselves, after less than a year and only 11,000km. When new i was amazed at the quality of them, but now they leave residue all over the window. Toowoomba weather no doubt played a part here.
Mine are starting to streak, 10,000km and Jan build.
Old 14-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #48
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Picked up my car yesterday and the fee is only a simple $245.85 fee, and the water leak I enquired - was a confirmed leak it was the A/C drain blocked which casued the leak, it is now unblocked and all OK. It was covered by warranty and the booster brake vaccum has been replaced as per the recall. The car is now up to date and serviced. Very happy.