Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #61
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Default Re: R-Spec 2020 Mustang

My tuner got hold of a 2019 10 speed auto and threw on a roush blower kit. Dont have much details except it still has stock exhaust. 500rwkw. SO these cars have a lot of potential..

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
Returning from Bathurst , i seen these doing the laps with Dick J driving i believe, I was surprised to hear that the GT had a much better exhaust note than the R spec Car.

talking to Sales guy it was in the vicinity of $110 -114 including on roads costs
Correct, Just 500 examples will be made, priced from $99,980 plus on-road costs.
The R-Spec has a Herrod Exhaust but it also has the SAM function.

What's the bet that most are already pre-sold.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2019, 09:16 AM   #63
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
What's the bet that most are already pre-sold.....
Sold 6, got 1 left apparently.
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #64
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy sales.... must be a dream job
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #65
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Looks like I was correct. Here's a quote from Rob Herrod.

Mr Herrod explained that upping outputs of the Mustang’s ‘Coyote’ 5.0-litre V8 by around 179kW and 258Nm using a supercharger required no changes to the engine internals due to its sophisticated quad-cam design.

“It’s a high-compression engine but with the quad cams we can actually bleed off compression through valve timing,” he said.

“You don’t have to put lower compression pistons in to supercharge the engine and for it to live, you can actually bleed the compression through the inlet and exhaust valves. It’s very complex.”

Mr Herrod said the electronic engine re-calibration to achieve this “comes from Ford’s end”.

Yeah Super Duty has some beefed up internals, but it's mostly the same box.

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/ford/...-10/80301.html

What is with Ford Australia's stubborn refusal to put decent rubber under the bum of their supercharged V8 cars? It would have been so easy this time, with PP2 already having 305's. Even if the rear end needed to be upgraded to handle the extra grip they have a number of options from the FRPP catalogue to use, which are also used in the GT500 like the half shafts, stronger diff cover etc.
If that's the case, then what does it say for the aftermarket that fits these superchargers? Do they not have the ability to bleed off compression? Or is Rob merely stating that Ford have tuned this car as opposed to him.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
If that's the case, then what does it say for the aftermarket that fits these superchargers? Do they not have the ability to bleed off compression? Or is Rob merely stating that Ford have tuned this car as opposed to him.
He is just stating that Ford did the calibration. Some aftermarket tuning devices also have the ability to alter the VCT tables.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #67
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Any real life photos of colours other than the green?
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #68
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got 1 left in Grabber Lime
Old 19-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #69
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations to Justin on securing our last R-Spec
Old 24-11-2019, 06:11 AM   #70
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Would love to hear one of these bad boys in the flesh.
Old 23-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #71
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car is back on the market - Grabber Lime with standard seats
Old 23-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #72
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Thank you Ford ..At least Ford has not totally wiped us like a dirty bum . The article in Wheels (December issue) was at great pains to point out that this Mustang is the only one sold outside the USA with a supercharger, nowhere else on the planet but us gets a blown Mustang unless you're in America.

Maybe it's because they get it that we want a bit of something extra special and great sales are being rewarded as is substantial Aussie input. The same thing was mentioned about Camaro and that on the back of HSV expertise we are the only country that gets a RHD Camaro and the ZL1 spec too.

Detractors wherever they appear should be bloody grateful that Australia has been given these opportunities in a sea of ho hum imported vehicles .

There is a passion still for a proper V8 in this country and for those fortunate enough to be able to afford and get hold of an R Spec Mustang , Mustang GT , Mustang Ecoboost or an HSV Camaro ......enjoy and drive these beaut cars that there should be more of .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #73
shobotan
Starter Motor

I've ordered a Velocity Blue with standard seats due around late January/early February.

My current daily was due for replacement and I was looking for a vehicle with a bit more engagement (manual tranny) after having autos for the last 3 cars.

I was really only an admirer of the Mustang prior to the R SPEC becoming available and was looking at the manual Camaro or a slightly used Alfa Romeo QF. The price and the 5 year warranty is what sold me on the R SPEC especially when compared to Camaro (3 year @$85000.)

First dealer I enquired with was sold out, second dealer also and was set on steering me toward one of their boosted specials. Third dealer had 6 allocations and 4 left which allowed me a choice of each colour. I was originally interested in the Oxford White but this allocation had the Recaros, I preferred the standard ones for use in a daily.
Other than what has been written in the local car mags so far, I haven't heard much more info, although the dealer keeps me updated with the build.

Excuse the long first post, I'm not new to Fords, having had an XT GT, 351 XA ute, FC LTD and XR5 in the past. I came here to see if I can get a bit more general info about the S550s.
shobotan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #74
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobotan View Post
I've ordered a Velocity Blue with standard seats due around late January/early February.

My current daily was due for replacement and I was looking for a vehicle with a bit more engagement (manual tranny) after having autos for the last 3 cars.

I was really only an admirer of the Mustang prior to the R SPEC becoming available and was looking at the manual Camaro or a slightly used Alfa Romeo QF. The price and the 5 year warranty is what sold me on the R SPEC especially when compared to Camaro (3 year @$85000.)

First dealer I enquired with was sold out, second dealer also and was set on steering me toward one of their boosted specials. Third dealer had 6 allocations and 4 left which allowed me a choice of each colour. I was originally interested in the Oxford White but this allocation had the Recaros, I preferred the standard ones for use in a daily.
Other than what has been written in the local car mags so far, I haven't heard much more info, although the dealer keeps me updated with the build.

Excuse the long first post, I'm not new to Fords, having had an XT GT, 351 XA ute, FC LTD and XR5 in the past. I came here to see if I can get a bit more general info about the S550s.
Welcome to AFF. Not only will you learn a lot about your new Mustang but a a whole lot about the car world too . Whatever you do when you your newey , take some shots and post them in Show N Shine thread..It'd be something to really see ..

Hope you use and enjoy this forum as much as I do . It's great .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2020, 06:22 AM   #75
Sioso
irregular member

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ld-out-122520/

Factory-backed 520kW-plus muscle car a sellout before first car rolls off the line this week

The homegrown Ford Mustang R-Spec is a sellout – even before the first example rolls off the Blue Oval’s born-again production line at Broadmeadows this week.

Ford Australia announced in October that it would offer 500 examples of its first supercharged Mustang through its national dealer network – developed locally by Herrod Performance and backed by a five-year factory warranty – from early 2020.

At the same time, it said each individually numbered and badged Ford Mustang R-Spec, available in a single fastback manual spec, would punch out over 500kW and cost $99,980 plus on-road costs – outpowering and undercutting HSV’s blown 477kW Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 ($159,990 plus ORCs).

Now, on the eve of the first Mustang R-Spec rolling off the line this week, our sources say all 500 Mustang R-Specs are already spoken for – not just at dealer level but individually.

Mirroring the sellout success of the limited-edition Steve McQueen-inspired Mustang BULLITT, 700 examples of which arrived Down Under from September 2018, we hear the 95 per cent of the 500-car R-Spec production run was accounted for within three weeks.

For now, Ford and the mastermind behind Australia’s wildest factory-back Mustang ever, Rob Herrod, are keeping mum on R-Spec launch details and order numbers.

But we understand the first Mustang R-Spec, wearing badge #001, will be presented by Herrod and Ford Australia chief Kay Hart as part of a photo opp later this week.

We’re also told each Ford dealer will be allocated one or two R-Specs to display before customers take delivery.

After ‘job one’ is presented this week and first customer cars hit the road in February, Herrod Performance will take about six months to produce the 500 R-Specs at the rate of about a handful a day once production ramps up.

Marking the return of production at Ford Australia’s Melbourne factory for the first time since the Falcon and Territory were axed in October 2016, each R-Spec will take about two weeks to produce by a team of up to 50 Herrod workers across 10 stations.

Although it was developed in collaboration with Ford Australia and Ford Performance, the Mustang R-Spec will be officially manufactured by Herrod Performance since Ford is longer a registered car-maker in Australia.

Herrod told carsales that production of the R-Spec was delayed slightly by mandatory quarantine and stink bug spraying of imported components by customs.

“The first of five 40-foot containers of parts arrived late last month and it took us two or three days to unload enough parts to unload, count and check enough parts to produce the first 10 cars from early January,” he said.

“But now we’re up and running, production is well underway and demand has been massive.”

As we’ve reported, the Mustang R-Spec is fitted with a Ford Performance stage three 2.65-litre roots-type positive displacement Eaton supercharger with 12psi of boost.

In the USA, this blower ups the outputs of the standard Mustang GT’s 5.0-litre V8 from 339kW/556Nm to 710hp and 610lb-ft of torque. In Australia, that translates to 522kW/827Nm, but Herrod says the R-Spec will deliver more than that.

Also fitted with a unique exhaust, suspension upgrades, a bespoke body kit and local calibration following testing and validation at Ford’s You Yangs proving ground, the R-Spec should easily hit 100km/h in less than four seconds.

At the same time, it meets all Australian emissions and noise standards, is backed by Ford’s five-year/unlimited-km factory warranty and capped-price service program, comes with all of the Mustangs standard safety equipment and is able to run on standard 91 RON unleaded petrol in 40-degree heat.

Every vehicle will be filled with Shell V-Power fuel and Shell Helix oil and then dyno and road tested before it’s delivered to a Ford dealership

Herrod has produced more than 400 supercharged examples of Ford’s first global Mustang since 2016, including the recent 635kW Dick Johnson limited-edition.

Aussies may not have access to the left-hand drive Shelby GT350 and GT500, but the homegrown R-Spec is unlikely to be Ford/Herrod’s last collaboration now that the supercharged Mustang has received Australian Design Rule compliance.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #76
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

First one rolls off the line.

GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #77
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Seen this tonight in the city near docklands, great looking mustang, really stands out in that green, had a r spec banner on the windscreen too
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #78
sixman

Love that pic with the assembly line behind.
Rob and his team look proud of what they have built - good on them!
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #79
bundera

That carsales article is not available anymore. Probably because it's incorrect, we haven't sold our allocated R-Spec yet
bundera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
Seen this tonight in the city near docklands, great looking mustang, really stands out in that green, had a r spec banner on the windscreen too
The one with the R spec banner was the Bathurst car. It's still kicking around. I took some pics of it at the company christmas bbq. Some lucky duck has it as a company car.
Old 23-01-2020, 01:08 PM   #81
Blue_XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
First one rolls off the line.

A bit off topic but maybe this production line with be left to complete the V8 Ranger if it ever comes fruition. I'm sure the production line wasn't just created for one type of car.

YouTube channel: Modaufy Garage
https://www.youtube.com/c/ModaufyGarage
Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #82
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_XR View Post
A bit off topic but maybe this production line with be left to complete the V8 Ranger if it ever comes fruition. I'm sure the production line wasn't just created for one type of car.
Ford admitted that previously. Opens up all sorts of possibilities.
Old 08-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #83
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Sorry thread mining......
For anyones interest I can vouch for this owner and his RSpec.
Been hidden more than anything else, perfect.
Maybe DH waiting customers might consider haha
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...E-AD-16815700/
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 02:25 PM   #84
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love that blue with the black....*chef kiss
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2024, 03:13 PM   #85
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

That's probably still my pick of any mustangs currently in Australia!
Old 08-03-2024, 04:44 PM   #86
bfets

Here is another one with only a 100km on the clock for 119K.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SE-AD-12364609
bfets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 06:32 PM   #87
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Yer nice but no to the green for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 06:54 PM   #88
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Amazing how a 345kw* Falcon from 2016 is nearly worth more than a 2020 Mustang with 520kw.

*Ha
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #89
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Amazing how a 345kw* Falcon from 2016 is nearly worth more than a 2020 Mustang with 520kw.

*Ha
Tough choice, modernity or old-school charm.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2024, 07:20 PM   #90
bfets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Yer nice but no to the green for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I have to agree. I'm in the same boat with orange. I hate orange on a Mustang but I know I'm really the outlier there. Most people seem to love it.
bfets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post