Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
penrith_panther
EB II

Arrow Will come to you and pay you to install au3 side repeaters if in Sydney

today the smash repairer showed me the globe on my ebII side repeater and the hole on the auIII side repeater certainly isnt big enough to fit the globe through...does that mean i have to buy the wiring as well or is there another way? Also would the hole on the ba repeater be bigger? i may have to return the repeaters i bought at ford parts ($17 each) if the BA ones fit better

Last edited by penrith_panther; 19-12-2006 at 08:05 PM.
penrith_panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

its easy as mate......
all you've gotta do is, on the rubber globe holder, trim 2 of the tabs off, and it fits perfectly into the au repeater.....then, you have to trim the long mount on the repeater a little, and it clicks into the guard perfectly...

its 5 minutes work on each at the most..... i worked it all out myself and mine fit perfectly

(those badges are loooong gone)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
penrith_panther
EB II

ok so when you say "trim the long mount" on the repeater isn't that the metal bit?
Old 19-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

no...the repeaters are plastic
look in the pic i posted where the repeater is out of the guard....
that metal bit that protrudes into the opening is in the way IF YOU DONT TRIM THE PLASTIC ON THE REPEATER LAMP ITSELF

if you do trim the repeater plastic, it will clip BEHIND that metal piece that protrudes into the hole

EDIT....do you actually have the repeaters yet???? if so do yourself a favor and COMPARE yours to the one in my pic......... you'll see exactly what i mean then
Old 19-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
no...the repeaters are plastic
look in the pic i posted where the repeater is out of the guard....
that metal bit that protrudes into the opening is in the way IF YOU DONT TRIM THE PLASTIC ON THE REPEATER LAMP ITSELF

if you do trim the repeater plastic, it will clip BEHIND that metal piece that protrudes into the hole

EDIT....do you actually have the repeaters yet???? if so do yourself a favor and COMPARE yours to the one in my pic......... you'll see exactly what i mean then
yeh i do have the repeaters myself...behind the repeater is metal and a long metal clip...i know it'll fit fine but it's just a matter of getting the glob 2 squeeze in behind...the guy at the smash repairers showed me and said i would have to buy new wiring...but im sure your way will work fine if i can just trim those tabs off and squeeze the rest in...a bit risky since i stuff up the easiest of things...i aint much of a handyman :( lol
Old 19-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

yeah it will definatley fit, if you trim off the 2 tabs

i just bit the bullet and had a go....and it all worked out fine..
just be careful you dont slip and slice your finger off but
lol
Old 19-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #7
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
yeah it will definatley fit, if you trim off the 2 tabs

i just bit the bullet and had a go....and it all worked out fine..
just be careful you dont slip and slice your finger off but
lol
haha i prob will hence i'd rather sum1 else lose their finger :p :p
Old 20-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
nothin suss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sidecutters do the job just as good.....

And plleeease put them on the right way! MADNC_8's alignment is correct.
Old 20-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

mate it's such a simple job, you can do it yourself so easy!

to put the globe in, as MADNC 8 said, trim two opposite tabs off the globe holder, the orange globe will now fit in perfectly, trust me it does. a stanly knife will do this for you!

ok now to the repeater part, theres 2 ways, MADNC 8's way, trim the larger tab a bit.
but heres how i did mine, bend the larger tab and slot it behind the metal bit inside the gaurd, then just click the back into place. its so easy mate. it'll take you 10 minutes for the whole job at the most. if i lived in sydney i could do the whole lot for you in 2 minutes flat!
Old 20-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #10
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
mate it's such a simple job, you can do it yourself so easy!

to put the globe in, as MADNC 8 said, trim two opposite tabs off the globe holder, the orange globe will now fit in perfectly, trust me it does. a stanly knife will do this for you!

ok now to the repeater part, theres 2 ways, MADNC 8's way, trim the larger tab a bit.
but heres how i did mine, bend the larger tab and slot it behind the metal bit inside the gaurd, then just click the back into place. its so easy mate. it'll take you 10 minutes for the whole job at the most. if i lived in sydney i could do the whole lot for you in 2 minutes flat!
the first part sounds ok but the 2nd part makes me wish u were in sydney lol
Old 21-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #11
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

ok i'll try to explain the second part again!!

- take the repeater in your hand

- you'll see on the back of it theres 2 clips, a large clip and a small clip

- leave the small clip alone, dont touch it!

- the large clip can be bent backwards, dont force it tho or it'll snap! so only bend it a little for the time being

- now insert the bulb hoder into the repeater and twist into place (remember to put the bulb in there first!)

- now using 1 hand to hold the repeater and the other hand to hold the large clip

- bend the large clip and push it behind the flat bit of metal in the gaurd (look at MADNC's first pic in this thread and you'll see a silver bit of metal in the hole, this is where you bend the clip behind)

- now that the clip is behind there, push the back of the repeater into the rear of the hole

and waalaa!

theres also this document from fordmods.com that shows you the other way of installing these repeaters!

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=76

hope this helps this time mate!
Old 21-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
ok i'll try to explain the second part again!!

- take the repeater in your hand

- you'll see on the back of it theres 2 clips, a large clip and a small clip

- leave the small clip alone, dont touch it!

- the large clip can be bent backwards, dont force it tho or it'll snap! so only bend it a little for the time being

- now insert the bulb hoder into the repeater and twist into place (remember to put the bulb in there first!)

- now using 1 hand to hold the repeater and the other hand to hold the large clip

- bend the large clip and push it behind the flat bit of metal in the gaurd (look at MADNC's first pic in this thread and you'll see a silver bit of metal in the hole, this is where you bend the clip behind)

- now that the clip is behind there, push the back of the repeater into the rear of the hole

and waalaa!

theres also this document from fordmods.com that shows you the other way of installing these repeaters!

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=76

hope this helps this time mate!
wow thanks for that champ! makes sense...just one question will bending that large clip make the hole for the globe any longer? or is trimming the tabs near the globe sufficient enough for it 2 squeeze in?
Old 21-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

bending the large clip wont do anything to the globe or the hole.

yeah just trim 2 opposite rubber tabs off the bulb holder, just trim it and test for fit, if it doesnt fit just keep trimming till it does fit!

i'm uploading pics now so i'll post in a few minutes...
Old 21-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #14
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

ok heres the pics mate:
sorry about the quality, its really bright outside!

you can see i have trimmed two opposite tabs off

the bent large clip

look closely and you can see i've stuck the bent large clip behind the metal plate in the gaurd, this can be slightly difficult, just use a finger to push it over the plate

finished product

Old 22-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #15
penrith_panther
EB II

In relation to: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=76
am i better off returning my au3 repeaters and getting au I ghia repeaters? Apparently the au I ghia repeaters have an orange filter and are ok to go straight in whereas the auIII repeaters require new globes with an orange filter?
Is this orange filter required by law?
Any advice would be appreciated

Anyone in Sydney who has successfully done this mod let me know as I'm willing to pay you to do it. I haven't tried this myself but there's a chance I'll stuff it up and hence land myself in more ****

cheers
Old 22-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #16
LUXO_8
windsor user

the pair of orange globes are about 3 bucks, and pop straight in...
they also look far better than the au1 ones.........

stop procrastinating and just fit them already...... mine went on the car within half an hour of buying them - and i had to work out how to mod them to get them to fit
Old 22-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
the pair of orange globes are about 3 bucks, and pop straight in...
they also look far better than the au1 ones.........

stop procrastinating and just fit them already...... mine went on the car within half an hour of buying them - and i had to work out how to mod them to get them to fit
ok did you get the orange globes from an auto shop or ford? do you know the part number or what to ask for?
Old 22-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #18
LUXO_8
windsor user

got them from ford when i got the repeaters..... i dont know the part number but just go in and ask for them....they look exactly like a park light globe only they're orange instead of clear
Old 22-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #19
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
got them from ford when i got the repeaters..... i dont know the part number but just go in and ask for them....they look exactly like a park light globe only they're orange instead of clear
ok kool and these are au III globes right?
Just out of curiousity would it be illegal if I used the globes currently in my EB II?

cheers
Old 22-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #20
LUXO_8
windsor user

unsure......most likley yes though as they arent orange