Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
Peterwl

Default Mr Cadogan Again

I do hope the "posters" he is refering to are from the other Ford Forum and not this one, perhaps even the Commodore forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eo-IDDhYgg

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Peterwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Default Re: Mr Cadogan Again

He's a dead set tool squeezer, not sure is this one has been posted before

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AU9ixQVwCRE
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Idiot. The less attention the ***** gets the better . It's because of idiot **** spinners like him encouraging people to buy Hyundais , that we no longer have a car industry.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it realy shows the sad state of society when people actually take notice of fools like this.
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I reckon he's pretty funny, and I do like his initials....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day...All same thoughts..He has become so negative..I was never a great fan when he used to appear a lot on TV but his rants have become embarrassing to say the least..I wish he's take a happy pill a bit more often..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #7
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day...All same thoughts..He has become so negative..I was never a great fan when he used to appear a lot on TV but his rants have become embarrassing to say the least..I wish he's take a happy pill a bit more often..Cheers Rod..
I wish I could get paid carrying on about pointless topics.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:52 PM   #8
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When he wrote for Wheels he campaigned for sensible speed limits and less stringent speed enforcement. I liked him then.

Wonder what he thinks of his old articles now - whether he still stands by them or not.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #9
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
When he wrote for Wheels he campaigned for sensible speed limits and less stringent speed enforcement. I liked him then.

Wonder what he thinks of his old articles now - whether he still stands by them or not.
I think someone like him would stand for whatever he perceived would get him attention.....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #10
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would make a great politician
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #11
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He's a grub and poor example for an engineer; honest personal opinion. (I think he says that for legal reasons.)
Old 11-02-2017, 08:02 AM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take your words for it, I'm not sitting through 21 mins of **** to have an opinion

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #13
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"nut of the week" aye? Wonder if I'll ever be that "nut" ???
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #14
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
He's a grub and poor example for an engineer; honest personal opinion. (I think he says that for legal reasons.)

"Honest personal opinion - the mustang is crap, don't buy it" - hahaha, I'm protected by legal mumbo jumbo, they can't sue me....

"Honest personal opinion - the Hyundai is an amazing vehicle, you should really rush out & buy one" ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching - thanks for the additional zero on my pay cheque....

At least John Laws ended up coming clean over cash for comment.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day , Maybe someone from FPV slung him a few bob to say a few nice things about this beauty a few years ago before Alzeimers set in..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_lno5RvLU .. A few positives about a car with Blue Oval DNA..from JC...Who'd have thunk it...Cheers Rod
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couldn't get beyond 4 minutes...is the whole 21 minutes just him impersonating a teenage schoolgirl engaging in an internet slinging match with other schoolgirls?

Comes across as having a pretty thin skin...though I suspect his real intent is to gain exposure and hits through threads such as this.

Can anyone that watched to the end let me know if an auto expert made an appearance, or was the whole vid just John?

Last edited by Iggle Piggle; 11-02-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #17
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Couldn't get beyond 4 minutes...is the whole 21 minutes just him impersonating a teenage schoolgirl engaging in an internet slinging match with other schoolgirls?

Comes across as having a pretty thin skin...though I suspect his real intent is to gain exposure and hits through threads such as this.

Can anyone that watched to the end let me know if an auto expert made an appearance, or was the whole vid just John?
Just him in both vids
Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #18
Sprint XR8

Narcissistic personality disorder

Signs and symptoms

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:

1 Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others.
2 Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
3 Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions.
4 Needing constant admiration from others.
5 Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
6 Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain.
7 Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs.
8 Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them.
9 Pompous and arrogant demeanor.

Associated features

People with NPD tend to exaggerate their skills and accomplishments as well as their level of intimacy with people they consider to be high-status. Their sense of superiority may cause them to monopolize conversations and to become impatient or disdainful when others talk about themselves. In the course of a conversation, they may purposefully or unknowingly disparage or devalue the other person by overemphasizing their own success. When they are aware that their statements have hurt someone else, they tend to react with contempt and to view it as a sign of weakness. When their own ego is wounded by a real or perceived criticism, their anger can be disproportionate to the situation, but typically, their actions and responses are deliberate and calculated. Despite occasional flare-ups of insecurity, their self-image is primarily stable (i.e., overinflated).

To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs, the effects of their behavior on others, and an insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen. Narcissistic individuals use various strategies to protect the self at the expense of others. They tend to devalue, derogate, insult, blame others and they often respond to threatening feedback with anger and hostility. Since the fragile ego of individuals with NPD is hypersensitive to perceived criticism or defeat, they are prone to feelings of shame, humiliation and worthlessness over minor or even imagined incidents. They usually mask these feelings from others with feigned humility, isolating socially or they may react with outbursts of rage, defiance, or by seeking revenge. The merging of the "inflated self-concept" and the "actual self" is seen in the inherent grandiosity of narcissistic personality disorder. Also inherent in this process are the defense mechanisms of denial, idealization and devaluation.
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #19
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^Trump^^

Back on topic...why do you fellas give this grub hits by watching his videos? That's exactly what he wants.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #20
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
G'day , Maybe someone from FPV slung him a few bob to say a few nice things about this beauty a few years ago before Alzeimers set in..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_lno5RvLU .. A few positives about a car with Blue Oval DNA..from JC...Who'd have thunk it...Cheers Rod
Yes- that is the video where he does not know an apex and understeer and almost takes out a motorbike rider on a hairpin.

Proof this dick cannot drive a muscle car on a public road with other road users.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #21
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint XR8 View Post
Narcissistic personality disorder

Signs and symptoms

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:

1 Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others.
2 Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
3 Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions.
4 Needing constant admiration from others.
5 Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
6 Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain.
7 Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs.
8 Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them.
9 Pompous and arrogant demeanor.

Associated features

People with NPD tend to exaggerate their skills and accomplishments as well as their level of intimacy with people they consider to be high-status. Their sense of superiority may cause them to monopolize conversations and to become impatient or disdainful when others talk about themselves. In the course of a conversation, they may purposefully or unknowingly disparage or devalue the other person by overemphasizing their own success. When they are aware that their statements have hurt someone else, they tend to react with contempt and to view it as a sign of weakness. When their own ego is wounded by a real or perceived criticism, their anger can be disproportionate to the situation, but typically, their actions and responses are deliberate and calculated. Despite occasional flare-ups of insecurity, their self-image is primarily stable (i.e., overinflated).

To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs, the effects of their behavior on others, and an insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen. Narcissistic individuals use various strategies to protect the self at the expense of others. They tend to devalue, derogate, insult, blame others and they often respond to threatening feedback with anger and hostility. Since the fragile ego of individuals with NPD is hypersensitive to perceived criticism or defeat, they are prone to feelings of shame, humiliation and worthlessness over minor or even imagined incidents. They usually mask these feelings from others with feigned humility, isolating socially or they may react with outbursts of rage, defiance, or by seeking revenge. The merging of the "inflated self-concept" and the "actual self" is seen in the inherent grandiosity of narcissistic personality disorder. Also inherent in this process are the defense mechanisms of denial, idealization and devaluation.

I have suspected that there is something wrong with our current lot of politicians in Australia, this explains things !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #22
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Yes- that is the video where he does not know an apex and understeer and almost takes out a motorbike rider on a hairpin.

Proof this dick cannot drive a muscle car on a public road with other road users.
Horse shyte (as JC would say). He didn't nearly take out the motorbike - you're reaching now. That's a great video too btw - thumbs up

So here starts another JC bashing thread - really? He's videos aren't as embarrassing as the waffle I'm reading in this thread. Let's all get together and beat up on a bloke who just 'hangs it out there'. If ya don't like him or his style just move on, get over him. He'd eat most (if not all) of you in any auto debate on the planet, don't kid yourselves that you would irrespective of how big and safe you feel behind the keyboard whilst in the company of other haters. I like the blokes style, I also like Chris Harris and his style of journalism. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. I'd rather watch JC any day over the garbage that was dished up on Top Gear Australia - those journos made me cringe.

There was a Hyundai comment earlier. I grew up on Ford 6s, I own a F6 and a Hyundai i30, unless I'm specifically taking the F6 for a cruise to the local for a counter lunch I'd rather drive the i30.

There's a bloke in business down the road from me. He started his apprenticeship in 1952. He still runs his own workshop full time, loves his job and is a Ford man (used to show Fords). He's nearly 80 and is up with all the technology of today's modern vehicles. He's a qualified diesel machanic also. He said to me a few weeks back that if he had a job delivering pamphlets around Australia he'd buy a Hyundai. He also said 'doesn't matter what model, as long as it's a Hyundai'. Thats saying something coming from a bloke who has been in the automotive game for 65 odd years. He's also been with NRMA as a roadside assist bloke - has been since 1974. JC also sings Hyundai's praise.......wonder why.

John Cadogan is a bloke who hangs it out there and does not care what people think. I respect that in a bloke - more so than the dribble that's been posted here and the dribble about to come. If ya don't like the blokes style/language/looks/approach/opinions move on FFS, worse than a bunch of whining women.
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
I'd rather watch JC any day over the garbage that was dished up on Top Gear Australia - those journos made me cringe.

Some say it up pretty well

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #24
dunga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Horse shyte (as JC would say). He didn't nearly take out the motorbike - you're reaching now. That's a great video too btw - thumbs up

So here starts another JC bashing thread - really? He's videos aren't as embarrassing as the waffle I'm reading in this thread. Let's all get together and beat up on a bloke who just 'hangs it out there'. If ya don't like him or his style just move on, get over him. He'd eat most (if not all) of you in any auto debate on the planet, don't kid yourselves that you would irrespective of how big and safe you feel behind the keyboard whilst in the company of other haters. I like the blokes style, I also like Chris Harris and his style of journalism. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. I'd rather watch JC any day over the garbage that was dished up on Top Gear Australia - those journos made me cringe.

There was a Hyundai comment earlier. I grew up on Ford 6s, I own a F6 and a Hyundai i30, unless I'm specifically taking the F6 for a cruise to the local for a counter lunch I'd rather drive the i30.

There's a bloke in business down the road from me. He started his apprenticeship in 1952. He still runs his own workshop full time, loves his job and is a Ford man (used to show Fords). He's nearly 80 and is up with all the technology of today's modern vehicles. He's a qualified diesel machanic also. He said to me a few weeks back that if he had a job delivering pamphlets around Australia he'd buy a Hyundai. He also said 'doesn't matter what model, as long as it's a Hyundai'. Thats saying something coming from a bloke who has been in the automotive game for 65 odd years. He's also been with NRMA as a roadside assist bloke - has been since 1974. JC also sings Hyundai's praise.......wonder why.

John Cadogan is a bloke who hangs it out there and does not care what people think. I respect that in a bloke - more so than the dribble that's been posted here and the dribble about to come. If ya don't like the blokes style/language/looks/approach/opinions move on FFS, worse than a bunch of whining women.
I'm with you on this one at least he speaks what he really thinks not out his sponsored **** like the rest of the motor reporting retards .
dunga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Saw Cadogan on Sunrise the other day prove that with normal driving the Hyundai I30 will get 14l/100k, and if you drive it like a Granny, you will get 9l/100k.
That just proves that a petrol i30 is a fuel guzzling s__tbox, an Eco terrorising carbon emitter, and a family budget killing **** bucket, of course, just in my opinion.
I'm sure it would be Johns too, if he wasn't a slave to the Koreans.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #26
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:

The same can be said about you, if you don't like the thread don't read it,
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #27
prydey
Rob

Quote:
John Cadogan is a bloke who hangs it out there and does not care what people think. I respect that in a bloke.
so you like rude, uncouth people with no manners and such a poor grasp of the english language that he has to stoop to foul language to make himself sound 'tough'??
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #28
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
so you like rude, uncouth people with no manners and such a poor grasp of the english language that he has to stoop to foul language to make himself sound 'tough'??

That descriptions exactly fits the people I saw at the woman’s marches, and other street demonstrations in recent times.

Our media suggested the behavior was normal and correct.

The man is entertainment, so we all should lighten up.

We do not have another commentator like this, and he does know what he is talking about. I believe he has Mechanical Engineering qualifications, just like those people who design Fords , Holdens, BMW's etc.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #29
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Firstly, he drove that Ford wide, the motorbike rider had to go to the extreme left to avoid a potential collision. Remember a motorbike going around a corner leans over to the right on a right turn.

The editing avoids the actual passing of the car and motorbike- wonder if the motorbike rider had to do a hairy move and there was "skillful" editing to not show the aftermath of the motorcycle riders reaction.

And why should we move on and not comment on JD's publications. He put them up for self interest, and if members perceive that what he has published is inaccurate, misleading, disingenuous, like his piece on the safety of the Mustang, it is a free society to comment in public interest on misleading articles and he should be held to account.

From my end, I will never look at his dribble again after that Mustang piece. To my mind, it was so misleading that I perceive him to either be lacking in IQ, lazy and sloppy with researching a topic he is doing a piece on, or deliberately misleading with some unknown agenda.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #30
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Short bald man with an irritating voice syndrome. Probably conceived by short parents in the back seat of a Japanese car
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post