Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
slim

Default TS5O Brakes

Just after a few opinions here................got the option to buy some Brakes off a T3(he's put Brembos on)I have an AU2 XR8 would the improvement be worth the $1200(NZ)for the whole front and rear set up.Is the price ok ?.............bear in mind it's just an every day driver

Old 20-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you checked out the cebco upgrade package i think it was?? its aorund the 1500 mark..

but 1200 sounds about right for a premo brake upgrade.. FTG wanted $1000 aus for the Tickford item for my AU1
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
EvilChief
Boost Addict

AU1? u will need AU2 uprights, swaybar, swaybar mounts to fit premium stuff
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
justa6
justa6

ftg was fronts only. 2 spot's
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim
Just after a few opinions here................got the option to buy some Brakes off a T3(he's put Brembos on)I have an AU2 XR8 would the improvement be worth the $1200(NZ)for the whole front and rear set up.Is the price ok ?.............bear in mind it's just an every day driver
You already have a AU2 with twin piston front calipers, the difference will be noticeable, but it's not going to be big. You only need the front calipers and discs as your AU2 has exactly the same set up at the rear as the T3.. except for the T3 rear rotors are grooved and yours are not... same calipers, same size discs.

Price wise.. depends on what condition the discs and calipers are in. How many K's has the car done? Are the discs close to undersize? Warped and need machinng? ect, ect, ect. If it all in okay condition, I would pay $1000. FTG auto salvage prices are.. well.., makes me : .

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
slim

Cheers 012,the front rotors(DBA) and pads on the TS50 have done about 1000 km's...............not sure about the back....interesting about the rear brakes although i guess it would look better with the Red callipers with the Tickford Logo on the back as well............I'm in NZ and not sure bout the dollar at the moment............just out of interest..........what would you offer if you were me...............to be honest i don't go on the track and the current brakes are fine.The reason i'm considering it is that over here it's not very often gear like this comes up............we don't have the number of choices for AU's as over there..........just for an example..i priced up a Momo steering wheel here............$595 NZ dollars and iv'e seen some of you guys pick them up for $250 AUS dollars.............sometimes less.....your opinion is respected and appreciated...............cheers
Old 21-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
Temujin
NZ FPVTOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim
Cheers 012,the front rotors(DBA) and pads on the TS50 have done about 1000 km's...............not sure about the back....interesting about the rear brakes although i guess it would look better with the Red callipers with the Tickford Logo on the back as well............I'm in NZ and not sure bout the dollar at the moment............just out of interest..........what would you offer if you were me...............to be honest i don't go on the track and the current brakes are fine.The reason i'm considering it is that over here it's not very often gear like this comes up............we don't have the number of choices for AU's as over there..........just for an example..i priced up a Momo steering wheel here............$595 NZ dollars and iv'e seen some of you guys pick them up for $250 AUS dollars.............sometimes less.....your opinion is respected and appreciated...............cheers
Slim you need to look around. I'm in NZ and picked up a new momo steering wheel for $175 on Trademe (got Ford dealer to fit it for $45.00).

It was about nine months ago. I'll have a look and see if I can find the supplies details (receipt etc) , as I know at the time they at a few available.
Venom Red 2000 AUII XR6 HP, 139 rwkw, K&N Filter, Unichip, V8 Air Intake Snorkel, HMS Ceramic Extractors, HMS Stainless 2.5 inch Big Bore Exhaust, HMS HPC 3.0 inch Mandrel Bent CAI, Window Tint, Luna Tail Lights, BA Scuff Plates, MAK Sting 18"x8", Unichip, More to come...
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Slim, the rear calipers don't have a Tickford logo on them. It's only the front two piston calipers that do. The rear calipers on the T3 TS50 are the same as yours, only red. But your right about having red calipers front and back looking good.

If the front rotors are 1K old, I'd say $1000 is a okay price for everything. If you can fit everything yourself, it'd be a good buy, if not you have to factor in $$'s for fitting by someone else too. Front and rear calipers are easy to fit, as is the front rotors, but the rear rotors are a little bit more involved because of the internal hand brake mechanism.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post