Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #1
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

Default 1/4 mile run tyres?

Definite pattern in the 1/4 mile Thread. Awsome tool created we have. (sorry yoda, too many movies lately)
What rubber and how much PSI do people run? esp interested in time slip equiped people and people on the AUFALCON.com.au 1/4 mile times thread. List of mods wouldn't hurt. :
Usefull in the quest for faster times. Thanks All!

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
Old 23-01-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

On the day I ran (in my first ever noob run) I had my tyres at close to 38psi : I was later informed to lower this. I also had a full tank of fuel, the spare tyre and a couple of bags of junk in the car.

The times I did were with hurricane headers, exhaust, t series intake and Unichip. Time slip should be in my gallery I think. If not its on photobucket under loxxr6.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 23-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think most know my mods. I also ran at 38psi so I'll be dropping them a bit next time as wheel spin is now starting to be a small issue at launch.....a rareity for auto I6 cars.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: 1/4 mile run tyres?

Oh for **** sakes...

Can someone block/ban "Jonesy528"? It's coming up towards school holidays already, so it doesn't surprise me that this is happening......

ooh, nice thread mine mate! *not*