Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-03-2024, 02:32 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Production Numbers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Me as well ! such come in so handy. you can sleep in them without regard finding a motel when you are doing trips or got to a mates Party say, simple's ! ceeet. Don't know about the fuel economy tho for nowadays ?

I just did a trip to Canberra etc again in my wife's Aurion = 34 to 35 MPG ! driving with no regard to fuel economy. that's on E10 Fuel. and a P Van like mine would need 95 octane at least ! so that would Sting !
To be honest, I just want simple, a HJ bench seat, windowless, Belmont. 202 3 on the tree would do me. The ultimate easy to maintain and useful van.

There were a few 4 on the floor 202 (optioned) Sandman's built but would be so rare now.

This 93' XF van is OK and is quite simple.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2024, 04:42 PM   #2
AussieGreg
Starter Motor

Hi I am new to this Forum but not new to the Ford Brand having had a couple of Mustang's and XR6's plus various other Fords over the years.
I am currently looking around for a BA to BF Model Fairlane or LTD or a NF/NL Fairlane or LTD to be used as a weekend cruiser with a view to keep it long term
I have seen a BA LTD and a BF LTD that I have enquired about. I would like to find out how to obtain Production Numbers and also be able to drill down to Production Numbers of particular colours as I am not looking at just White or Silver. One I like is a Dark Metalic Blue which I understand is called Offshore.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction please.
Cheers Greg
AussieGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2024, 05:59 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGreg View Post
Hi I am new to this Forum but not new to the Ford Brand having had a couple of Mustang's and XR6's plus various other Fords over the years.
I am currently looking around for a BA to BF Model Fairlane or LTD or a NF/NL Fairlane or LTD to be used as a weekend cruiser with a view to keep it long term
I have seen a BA LTD and a BF LTD that I have enquired about. I would like to find out how to obtain Production Numbers and also be able to drill down to Production Numbers of particular colours as I am not looking at just White or Silver. One I like is a Dark Metalic Blue which I understand is called Offshore.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction please.
Cheers Greg
Safe to say BA and BF LTD's were not made in great volume by that stage. I only have numbers for the BF series, 279 BF LTD's and 5247 Fairlane Ghia/G8.

If you are looking at a dark blue example, like below, then it will be Blue Pearl, Offshore was a lighter shade of blue.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...15137968/?Cr=2

If that's the car you are looking at, it appears to be in very nice condition. Not a fan of those wheels though. Considering the condition of the leather, I would think the previous owner had seat covers on the thing, they are like new.

Blue Pearl -

Offshore -

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #4
AussieGreg
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Safe to say BA and BF LTD's were not made in great volume by that stage. I only have numbers for the BF series, 279 BF LTD's and 5247 Fairlane Ghia/G8.

If you are looking at a dark blue example, like below, then it will be Blue Pearl, Offshore was a lighter shade of blue.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...15137968/?Cr=2

If that's the car you are looking at, it appears to be in very nice condition. Not a fan of those wheels though. Considering the condition of the leather, I would think the previous owner had seat covers on the thing, they are like new.

Blue Pearl -

Offshore -

Thankyou for the Information. Yes that is the LTD I am interested in however I still waiting to hear back from the Seller after leaving voicemail along with a text message and also an original enquiry through the Carsales App.
AussieGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post