Old 10-01-2023, 10:39 PM   #1
Warrenk

Default Not a Good Look for Ford or Next Gen Ranger

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-a...0-b4d7b4b2a9ba
Old 10-01-2023, 10:43 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Not a Good Look for Ford or Next Gen Ranger

Ford really needs to kick its dealership network in the ***, if the dealerships are handing out new ****box lemons then there should be no questions about getting them a loan car at no cost as well as getting them a brand new vehicle.

This sort of bull**** does irreparable damage to the brand.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 11:13 PM   #3
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

77 grand. Yowza.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:43 AM   #4
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Ford really needs to kick its dealership network in the ***, if the dealerships are handing out new ****box lemons then there should be no questions about getting them a loan car at no cost as well as getting them a brand new vehicle.

This sort of bull**** does irreparable damage to the brand.
How on earth is this the dealership networks fault?
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
Warrenk

A bit more information
https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=1893821947628728
Old 11-01-2023, 11:11 AM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
How on earth is this the dealership networks fault?
Last time I checked you bought cars from dealership network and they also carry out maintenance, repairs and warranty work.

The dealership is the one **** farting around this person for months on end with their lemon they sold - give them a loan car to cover the waiting period between getting the new vehicle, get them a new car and get their junk ****box lemon back and claim it back on Ford Australia.

It's not the dealerships fault for the lemon but it's 100% their responsibility about how they handle the problem.

Customer spent $77,000, its not like they bought a $2 sim card from Coles.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-01-2023 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:32 AM   #7
Warrenk

double post
Old 11-01-2023, 11:35 AM   #8
Poetic Justice

Quote:
Last time I checked you bought cars from dealership network and they also carry out maintenance, repairs and warranty work.

The dealership is the one **** farting around this person for months on end with their lemon they sold - give them a loan car to cover the waiting period between getting the new vehicle, get them a new car and get their junk ****box lemon back and claim it back on Ford Australia.

It's not the dealerships fault for the lemon but it's 100% their responsibility about how they handle the problem.

It's fair to say that any dealer dicking around a customer is usually acting on instruction from the car company. There is process to be followed and where it is not followed, there is usually financial pentalties that come when the dealership gets audited.

I'd be willing to bet the in the case of 'kicking and screaming' and 'walking 14kms' there'd be far more to the story.

You also can't just "get them a new car and claim it back on Ford Australia" either..
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
It's fair to say that any dealer dicking around a customer is usually acting on instruction from the car company. There is process to be followed and where it is not followed, there is usually financial pentalties that come when the dealership gets audited.

I'd be willing to bet the in the case of 'kicking and screaming' and 'walking 14kms' there'd be far more to the story.

You also can't just "get them a new car and claim it back on Ford Australia" either..
I'm very used to people telling me things can't be done, then making them happen
This user likes this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

With all due respect this isn't a dealership problem. This is a Ford Australia problem.

In one case one car was away on holidays, the dealer who repaired it was not the selling dealer. Dealerships only have a limited amount of loan cars that are usually booked 4 weeks in advance. Ford Australia should book hire cars for people in these situations.

FYI I had a Wildtrak replaced last year after fighting with Ford for 6 months. It wasn't a great experience but I beat them in the end. Didn't have to go to fair trade either. The dealership went over an above to help me, but Ford head office were absolute pigs to deal with denying me my statutory rights over and over until they knew I wasn't going to give in. Corporate bullies they are.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 12:32 PM   #11
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

I had 2 Endura's replaced by Ford Australia, the 2 dealerships we're a pleasure to deal with, Ford Australia on the other hand we're the ones that were horrors, the dealerships are just the meat in the sandwhich
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 01:44 PM   #12
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Ive been saying it for almost 2 decades, the parent company is a bloody disgrace and this is hardly surprising.
A fool and their $$,$$$ are easily parted.

Now, whens your build date..
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 02:37 PM   #13
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terrible advertising for such a new leading model supposing to be 1st in class.

No wonder Hilux back on top and Dmax getting more popular???
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 02:38 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Ive been saying it for almost 2 decades, the parent company is a bloody disgrace and this is hardly surprising.
A fool and their $$,$$$ are easily parted.

Now, whens your build date..
Haha says the bloke who buys a 5 year old flogged out one then spends a coupla grand on mods to insure his purchase doesn't self detonate.

I don't care what anyone says, nothing beats Ranger in the current market.... Sure your always going to get the odd lemon. We have a few of them now and no problems to date except one which had an oil leak on the turbo oil feed. They fixed it easily enough.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:39 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASWAGON View Post

Ranger outsells Hilux in the 4x4 market. Its the 4x2 Hilux that is keeping it at the top of the tree. PX3 Ranger is better then current Hilux, next gen is next level. Toyotas are **** and most of the people who buy them are sheep.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 02:53 PM   #16
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASWAGON View Post

They sold less Dmaxs in 2022 compared to 2021.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 03:24 PM   #17
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

What a load of rubbish this story was. They are both getting replacement vehicles.

My one dealing with Ford Customer Service was great and I was very happy with the outcome. The transmission failed in my PXII when it only had 30000km on the clock and we were in Alice Springs, 1600km from home. Ford paid for our accommodation, taxis and hire car while in Alice, flights for the 4 of us home, hire car at home while the repair was taking place and also flights back to Alice Springs to pick it up. On top of the cost of the repair. I was very happy with that result. So Ford aren't always the bad guy they are made out to be.

Back to the story on ACA. Yes unfortunately they have had some issues with their vehicles and has taken sometime for the resolution which is unfortunate. However it seems they are receiving a fair outcome in the end with replacement vehicles.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 03:40 PM   #18
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
What a load of rubbish this story was. They are both getting replacement vehicles.

My one dealing with Ford Customer Service was great and I was very happy with the outcome. The transmission failed in my PXII when it only had 30000km on the clock and we were in Alice Springs, 1600km from home. Ford paid for our accommodation, taxis and hire car while in Alice, flights for the 4 of us home, hire car at home while the repair was taking place and also flights back to Alice Springs to pick it up. On top of the cost of the repair. I was very happy with that result. So Ford aren't always the bad guy they are made out to be.

Back to the story on ACA. Yes unfortunately they have had some issues with their vehicles and has taken sometime for the resolution which is unfortunate. However it seems they are receiving a fair outcome in the end with replacement vehicles.
Couldnt agree more.
Its always stories like this that get blown out of proportion.
But stories like yours go un heard of (no offence)

Most generally folks that have a 'bad' time are the most vocal, whereas those that dont have an issue dont usually talk about it.
Yeah is crap these folks have had some issues ill agree there

Typical mainstream media news story beat up
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 03:48 PM   #19
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

ACA, you got to be a dildo to watch then believe anything on that show. the OG click bait
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 03:59 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post

How long ago was this? I found them better to deal with a few years ago then more recently. They seem to have dropped the ball, they were replacing so many cars after the ACCC 10m fine I think it got to the point where it was getting a bit out of control.

Try getting Toyota or Hyundai to replace a car, it just doesnt happen.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 04:40 PM   #21
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
ACA, you got to be a dildo to watch then believe anything on that show. the OG click bait
I’m shocked it wasn’t a story about hoons, dodgy tradies or bad neighbours. Or even love rats who rip off unsuspecting women.

Their go to stories.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 05:06 PM   #22
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Ranger outsells Hilux in the 4x4 market. Its the 4x2 Hilux that is keeping it at the top of the tree. PX3 Ranger is better then current Hilux, next gen is next level. Toyotas are **** and most of the people who buy them are sheep.
You come across triggered, many of last months Ranger count was discounted low end models and fleet deals.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 05:11 PM   #23
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
With all due respect this isn't a dealership problem. This is a Ford Australia problem.

In one case one car was away on holidays, the dealer who repaired it was not the selling dealer. Dealerships only have a limited amount of loan cars that are usually booked 4 weeks in advance. Ford Australia should book hire cars for people in these situations.

FYI I had a Wildtrak replaced last year after fighting with Ford for 6 months. It wasn't a great experience but I beat them in the end. Didn't have to go to fair trade either. The dealership went over an above to help me, but Ford head office were absolute pigs to deal with denying me my statutory rights over and over until they knew I wasn't going to give in. Corporate bullies they are.
So whats the point of a dealership then if they just get a car cheap from the Parent company, make a profit and then have no skin in the game if things go wrong?

I've had Ford Aus replace cars (as you're well aware of) and issue refunds to me which has been great. The dealership dusted its hands off me as well.

More reason for Ford to scrap the dealer network and just sell directly. Keep the profits of the sales and then they'll have more money to deal with issues (and loan cars).
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 05:15 PM   #24
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says, nothing beats Ranger in the current market.... Sure your always going to get the odd lemon. We have a few of them now and no problems to date except one which had an oil leak on the turbo oil feed. They fixed it easily enough.
Any brand, there are always issues with the first of any series. Series 2 is always a safer option if you're risk adverse. I've been burnt so many times buying first of a series only to see revisions come (from the BA XR8 timing chains made of plastic initially).
Old 11-01-2023, 05:21 PM   #25
Poetic Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
So whats the point of a dealership then if they just get a car cheap from the Parent company, make a profit and then have no skin in the game if things go wrong?

I've had Ford Aus replace cars (as you're well aware of) and issue refunds to me which has been great. The dealership dusted its hands off me as well.

More reason for Ford to scrap the dealer network and just sell directly. Keep the profits of the sales and then they'll have more money to deal with issues (and loan cars).
I can't speak to your particular circumstance but under Australian Consumer Law, the dealership has plenty of skin in the game when things go wrong.

Many people might think "I got <insert car manufacturer name here> to refund me my money/replace my car" but what they don't see is that the company quite possibly only partially funded that transaction and the franchisee/dealership bore just as big if not bigger brunt of it.

Not only that, the dealership in many cases takes the car back on, attempts to continue fixing the issue or does resolve it and then has to on-sell it a second time.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:25 PM   #26
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
I can't speak to your particular circumstance but under Australian Consumer Law, the dealership has plenty of skin in the game when things go wrong.

Many people might think "I got <insert car manufacturer name here> to refund me my money/replace my car" but what they don't see is that the company quite possibly only partially funded that transaction and the franchisee/dealership bore just as big if not bigger brunt of it.

Not only that, the dealership in many cases takes the car back on, attempts to continue fixing the issue or does resolve it and then has to on-sell it a second time.
3 out of 3 was FoA coming to save me as the dealer I bought it from didn't help at all. Other dealers did buy these cars off me and on-sell after they fixed them (one had a bill of $30k to fix a brand new car!!) but it was always another dealer than the one that I had bought from as directed by FoA.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:26 PM   #27
Poetic Justice

Quote:
3 out of 3 was FoA coming to save me as the dealer I bought it from didn't help at all. Other dealers did buy these cars off me and on-sell after they fixed them (one had a bill of $30k to fix a brand new car!!) but it was always another dealer than the one that I had bought from as directed by FoA.
Haven't heard of that going down all that much, to be honest.. FoA must have been giving the purchasing dealers a decent incentive to do so.
Old 11-01-2023, 05:32 PM   #28
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Haven't heard of that going down all that much, to be honest.. FoA must have been giving the purchasing dealers a decent incentive to do so.
It was really interesting. They actually asked for 1 of the cars shipped to Melbourne (Bayfords) bought from Garlicks in Sydney. Got a replacement from Bayfords that failed in Sydney. Thomson got me a refund (mate worked there; Bayfords couldn't help). Then the next one was sourced from Armstrong in Toowoomba that was DoA (only found out when I got it back to Sydney) and again, Thomson liaised to get me the refund.

FoA coordinated everything though. They were fantastic to me.

The reason I bought them from different locations was because they were either limited editions or first arrivals into the country.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:12 PM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It was really interesting. They actually asked for 1 of the cars shipped to Melbourne (Bayfords) bought from Garlicks in Sydney. Got a replacement from Bayfords that failed in Sydney. Thomson got me a refund (mate worked there; Bayfords couldn't help). Then the next one was sourced from Armstrong in Toowoomba that was DoA (only found out when I got it back to Sydney) and again, Thomson liaised to get me the refund.

FoA coordinated everything though. They were fantastic to me.

The reason I bought them from different locations was because they were either limited editions or first arrivals into the country.

The process has changed significantly since you did your last buyback.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 06:12 PM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
You come across triggered, many of last months Ranger count was discounted low end models and fleet deals.
Bah bah black sheep?

Don't really care what you think... dribble dribble.

Can you actually back that statement up? Or are you just pulling nose hairs?

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 11-01-2023 at 06:24 PM.
6 users like this post: