Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 20-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Question Whats the fastest STOCK XR6T 1/4 mile time?

I am just wondering what the fastest known time for a stock XR6T is? Last night I ran 4 passes at Adelaide International Raceway in the high 13s. My first pass ever down the 1/4 was a 13.98, you should have seen my face when I read the timeslip. My best time at the end of the night was a 13.841 @ 101.32MPH.

The car has 15,000kms is auto, only mod is a BMC filter that the Ford dealer threw in as a sweetner when I bought it. It ran in full street trim on my shagged dunlop SP9000's (got carried away with my burnouts). Basically I drove it in and drove it out, no adjustments like tyre pressures or anything like that. Considering this was my first time ever down the 1/4 mile I was very suprised with my times.

Does anyone know what other stockers have run? (It was 16 degrees with 56% humidity if that makes a difference..)
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
RATT

They are no doubt great times there!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Aeron
DJR Fan

13's are good!! You'll get more consistency with the auto too. Nice!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
I am just wondering what the fastest known time for a stock XR6T is? Last night I ran 4 passes at Adelaide International Raceway in the high 13s. My first pass ever down the 1/4 was a 13.98, you should have seen my face when I read the timeslip. My best time at the end of the night was a 13.841 @ 101.32MPH.
well done good ET's, its fairly good for a stocker i seen many run low 14's...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
ExAreSix
STi Pilot

I've seen mention of a 13.6 out of a stock Turbo. Have never really believed it though.

Your times are great

16 degrees with 56% humidity. Wish I was there. :eclipsee_
ExAreSix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
rodderz

I reckon the 5.4'd arent the only tight motors from the factory, a mate has a XR6T ute with 12,000km on it, and it;s a different car now, a lot looser. Mind you it gets a fair thrashing...all the time
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #7
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I would say your right Rodderz. But I bought mine as an A1 Pre Thrashed For Your Convenience Demo with about 3000kms on the clock, so maybe driving it hard from day one helps loosen them up? My car has run 190rwkw consistantly on different dynos once it had passed 10,000kms. It feels like it has more pickup down low now and the TC blinks a bit more at you in the hills than it used to. (That could be down to the tyres being worn more though.)

Another bloke in his auto ute ran a 14.0 on the same night so its nice to see them running fast times stock. I would love to see a Typhoon hooked up to a 6 speed auto. That would move.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post