Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
xr8cam

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
My daily drive is a 94 Magna wagon. Its been kept for the simple fact that it is a very useful wagon, not like a short wheelbase VE, which has less room in the back than a Mondeo. Nicer to drive than any Falcon or Commodore of the same vintage. For $120 I got Myself a Kenwood head unit, with Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls and text whenever I like. Guy comes into work last week all smart in his brand new Land Rover that looks like it cost about $80k. Less of a wagon than the Magna and he drives away talking with a mobile to his ear. Now I would put money on that car having Bluetooth connectivity. What is it are they too lazy or too dumb to work it? Or do they just have the attitude that rules are made to be broken? I want to keep my money to spend it on what I want to buy, not to pay fines I don't need to.
my work takes me around the nth shore 7-4pm m-f. Should see the attitudes from the other half on the roads. Rich sense of entitlement. No indicators, no courtesy, speeding, ignore school zones, mobile phones, double parking to have a chat, illegal parking. I see more bad displays of driving there than anywhere else I can think of.Maybe it is really stressful having loads of $$.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 AM   #2
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
my work takes me around the nth shore 7-4pm m-f. Should see the attitudes from the other half on the roads. Rich sense of entitlement. No indicators, no courtesy, speeding, ignore school zones, mobile phones, double parking to have a chat, illegal parking. I see more bad displays of driving there than anywhere else I can think of.Maybe it is really stressful having loads of $$.
The stress is in having loads of debt, trying to keep up with the neighbours, private school fees etc. And if you say anything to them its instant aggression.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXL078 View Post
The stress is in having loads of debt, trying to keep up with the neighbours, private school fees etc. And if you say anything to them its instant aggression.
Agree 100%. My brother is like that.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post