Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I was reading in Wheels that Commodore....

I was reading in wheels that part of the reason Commodore outsells Falcon is Holdeb are able to produce more cars (if this is true does anyone know the numbers?)

Just in relation to BA Falcon & beyond it has IRS & I can remember the salesman saying it was a much better set up than the equivalent Commodore does anyone know the major differences in rear suspension set up of the Falcon v Commodore.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
I was reading in wheels that part of the reason Commodore outsells Falcon is Holdeb are able to produce more cars (if this is true does anyone know the numbers?)

Just in relation to BA Falcon & beyond it has IRS & I can remember the salesman saying it was a much better set up than the equivalent Commodore does anyone know the major differences in rear suspension set up of the Falcon v Commodore.
I think the comadores had semi-trailing arm rear suspension but the new ones are getting some fancy four-link design.

Also i think holden outsells falcon only because off exports not local sales(i think)!!!!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Also i think holden outsells falcon only because off exports not local sales(i think)!!!!
It would be interesting to see figures of how many Falcons & Commodores are sold per month (excluding export) I wonder if Ford could increase its exports it must be viable otherwise Holden wouldnt export Commodores.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
Abacus
Life's a Gas

No, the published Vfacts figures are for Australian sales only.

Slightly OT, but this article is interesting reading:

http://www.eprofitfocus.com/temp/mia...e-29-03-06.pdf

You might want to look at the "new vehicle days supply" on page 18. Both Holden and Ford have heaps of cars out the back. Neither's sales are constrained by production capacity.

Quote: "Looking at the chart above, despite selling record numbers of new vehicles there must be physically more and more inventory sitting in dealer yards as the number of vehicles on hand relative to sales has significantly risen over the 2nd half of 2005 compared to earlier periods. Ideally dealers should have closer to our generic Horwath Benchmark of 30 – 45 days supply, however in reality the average dealer has seen inventory pushed out to 50 and even 70 days."

Last edited by Abacus; 28-06-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Isn't the ve supposed to have a 750piece rear suspension set up that out does mercedes,bmw....ect?
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
Isn't the ve supposed to have a 750piece rear suspension set up that out does mercedes,bmw....ect?
Porbably. God knows what they have exactly.

Lets just hope it doest go thru as much rubber as th VT.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Holden do have the capacity to produce more cars as they export about 30,000 cars a year, hence why their LWB wont be cut while Fords LWB cars look like the end is nigh. Holden dropped their third shift in Adelaide but still have two shifts, while Ford only has one shift of producing cars.

Quote:
The Holden IRS is rubbish and has had major problems, and still does even with the VXII fix. I believe that the system was designed for a medium car and Holden tweaked it for the Commodore, while the IRS system for the Falcon is actually a Jag system.

With the VE there is talk that they will have a new IRS system but only for upper spec models and not the base models.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah their alloytec v6 was supposed to rival BMW and merc as well, but is said to be just as good as the old Buick motor
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
With the VE there is talk that they will have a new IRS system but only for upper spec models and not the base models.
My understanding is that all cars will have a new setup, but higher end models will have a more complex premium setup.

Interesting if that's true - can't think of too many cars with different suspension systems based on specification level. Sure there are differences in tune, but curious to see how significant the differences are between the basic setup and the high end setup. I'm guessing more links for greater control.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Not the case. Ford has cars they simply cannot sell, and have unpainted panels rusting because there isnt enough demand for the cars already built.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in my local FORD dealer having my car serviced. I noticed he has a lot of XR's, FPV's, GT's, GTP's, Falcons, Fiesta's and Focus's on the lot. Plus more out the back. I got the impression sales are down. It must be the crap ad campaign FORD Aus has. Why don't they use what FORD America has..."FORD BUILT FOR THE ROAD AHEAD." much more appropriate for Australia. Considering the distances we drive. Marketing division not in touch with production division. ??
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I was in my local FORD dealer having my car serviced. I noticed he has a lot of XR's, FPV's, GT's, GTP's, Falcons, Fiesta's and Focus's on the lot. Plus more out the back. I got the impression sales are down. It must be the crap ad campaign FORD Aus has. Why don't they use what FORD America has..."FORD BUILT FOR THE ROAD AHEAD." much more appropriate for Australia. Considering the distances we drive. Marketing division not in touch with production division. ??
Ford Australia's marketing has always been POO! Advertising, merchandise.... Most of the ads hover somewhere between embarrassingly dumb and just plain boring.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #13
monaroCountry

Apparently Holden has the 4 link suspension on base models and a 5 link on luxury and sports models.
monaroCountry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #14
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
It would be interesting to see figures of how many Falcons & Commodores are sold per month (excluding export) .....
Have you noticed the large purple box at the top of this thread designed to catch your attention?
Guess not :

It links to the Technical Resources section that Russelw updates with monthly Sales Statistics. :evilsasmo
Old 29-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #15
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Have you noticed the large purple box at the top of this thread designed to catch your attention?
Guess not :

It links to the Technical Resources section that Russelw updates with monthly Sales Statistics. :evilsasmo

No need to be like that - unless you drill down its not exactly obvious. "Technical Info" doesn't sound like "Sales Indo".

It's good to see Focus sales picked up in May. Easily the best car in its class.

They would go up even more if Ford would give us the diesels that the Europeans get.

Last edited by Abacus; 29-06-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post