Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Are all blokes like this?

What is the deal with some blokes? The amount of times i've been bagged in the past week for my ute and my car is unbelievable!!! And the comment "it should have a V8" is wearing very thin with me... I luv my ute and my car to bits, sure they give me heartache some times but the give me plenty of enjoyment when i'm driving them and working on them! I work on a very tight budget, tighter than most, i can't afford a BA or an FPV, i wish i could but the xb and xf were in my range at the time, and i will not regret buying them.

Next person to say "oh that ute needs a respray its faded" i'm seriously gonna have words with... ITS JONQUIL YELLOW!! they were released that colour!!! Or my personal fav at the moment "why drive a ****y ford ute that looks like that"... Gets some balls guys... this little chicky does and loves it!

My beloved xb has coped its fair share too "crap brown, crap car".. No its copper bronze, and it sure beat the hell out of driving any new car.. Or the comment that my car is a bucket of rust and i paid too much for it.. well i do apologise... it is my money, its my car!

Just a note, the next person to bag anyones car.. if i hear about it.. i'm gonna come down on them like a tonne of bricks!! Its not right. People have their personal tastes, its their car, their money, leave them be!! If i want 2 six cylinder cars, i will keep them that way.. no ridiculous comments on 'change it to a v8' will not wash with me anymore!!

: Sorry to rave on but its an issue thats been buggin me for ages... and seeing the recent House of Kolour GT post, and what was said on there, it hit a note with me.

Would be interesting to see if any of the other girls on here have gone through similiar...

Last edited by Melz; 06-10-2005 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo..d'oh
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, your welcome to have a rant. I agree as well. I wouldnt take too serisously what other people have to say about your car.
Majority of time, they have a box and dont really care about cars.

Specialy when you have something different.. Everyone wants to crack a joke about it. Whether it be paint colour, or the wheels you have chosen. What alot of people dont realize is that you dont want the exact same ride as every other tom dick and harry is driving around in.

Dont listen to them. You drive what you want to drive, and you have the support from us fellow blue bloods.

"If they dont like it, they dont have to drive it!"
Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Or my personal fav at the moment "why drive a ****y ford ute that looks like that"... Gets some balls guys... this little chicky does and loves it!
No need to put up with s**t like that. So what if you drive a nice looking XF 6 cyl ute, doesn't matter.

Just tell them to build a bridge.

Last edited by TheSneakiness; 06-10-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to add that it was a ute...
TheSneakiness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
My beloved xb has coped its fair share too "crap brown, crap car".. No its copper bronze, and it sure beat the hell out of driving any new car..
I happen to be a fan of the 70s poo-brown colour! (Dave says it with pride! not gay pride though...)

Ever seen the Brady Bunch wagon? mmmmmmmmmm
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I dont think its something just women have had a problem with Mel. I always get the ribbing from owning a 6cyl white AU ute, but I dont care because I compensate for it by being a pain in the *** to everyone I meet. It all balances out.

As much as you are entitled to your opinion, others are entitled to theirs..... or so I keep getting told.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's hard to say who gives a s**t because obviously you do. I think I'd just have to say "you don't have to drive it so shut the F**k up" :the_finge . Easy.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
98AUXR6

I think some people are made to feel as if their car is not good enough due to the high quality cars on this site. I too would love a GT but can't afford one and am happy with my current car. Everyone is in a different place in their lives, have different priorities and interests therefore, people should be happy with their cars and others should not look down their nose at those they think dont have a car to their standards.
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Try being a 19yr old guy owning a 4 cyl. You get a bit, but its funny to see the change in reaction when they see your fuel bills, and when you still beat them. :sm_headba :hihi:
Old 06-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #9
BlackLS

The worse is when your giving them a lift in your "shbox" and they start bagging it out. I hear them out and when there done i say " sounds like you want to walk" whilst slowing the car to the side of the road. I order them out and will only let them back in after apolgising.

I think another forum member had to tow their Ford bashing friend's VL with their "shbox" EA?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quiet relish the fact that I drive a little old EB wagon ....... shes mine ... she aint pretty .....she has more stone chips than a dirt road......... but she gets me there

I would love to drive something more flashy .... say another Sprint .... but as most here I dont have the funds so its the old girl for me ........

Tell them to pull their heads in Melz ............ ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Try being a 19yr old guy owning a 4 cyl. You get a bit, but its funny to see the change in reaction when they see your fuel bills, and when you still beat them. :sm_headba :hihi:
Nothing wrong with owning a 4cyl. How many guys go out in a mad rash to buy a V8 or even a 6cyl just to prove something and cant afford to run it?

I laughed my **** off when my mate had to hand back the keys to his BA XR6 because he didnt think it through, not to mention he got ripped off in the first place.

I know im happy with my old car. It doesnt miss a beat and if I had the money it would be done up. But im saving up for another car and I'm about 90% sure it will be another 4cyl too.

Melz its only what you think that matters so if your happy with it then thats good for you. Its the people who buy cars to think they're the s**t, and they cant afford, that I laugh at.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #12
luke

i cop alot of s**t driving an EA, but out of all my friends, (we all got our cars at roughly the same time) my car has been off the road the least. besides, *i* like my car so it doesnt matter if anyone else doesnt.

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #13
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Try to not let it get to you, it's not all guys, far from it, I know what it's like to be working to a extremely tight budget, and I cop cr@p about the colour of my car and the fact that its a 6 and not an 8, but I don't care, it's my car and I like it

And from what I've seen on your XF, I like it too Pity you're so far away, I'd love to hear it and see it in action
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #14
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What is the deal with some blokes? The amount of times i've been bagged in the past week for my ute and my car is unbelievable!!! And the comment "it should have a V8" is wearing very thin with me... I luv my ute and my car to bits, sure they give me heartache some times but the give me plenty of enjoyment when i'm driving them and working on them! I work on a very tight budget, tighter than most, i can't afford a BA or an FPV, i wish i could but the xb and xf were in my range at the time, and i will not regret buying them.

Next person to say "oh that ute needs a respray its faded" i'm seriously gonna have words with... ITS JONQUIL YELLOW!! they were released that colour!!! Or my personal fav at the moment "why drive a ****y ford ute that looks like that"... Gets some balls guys... this little chicky does and loves it!

My beloved xb has coped its fair share too "crap brown, crap car".. No its copper bronze, and it sure beat the hell out of driving any new car.. Or the comment that my car is a bucket of rust and i paid too much for it.. well i do apologise... it is my money, its my car!

Just a note, the next person to bag anyones car.. if i hear about it.. i'm gonna come down on them like a tonne of bricks!! Its not right. People have their personal tastes, its their car, their money, leave them be!! If i want 2 six cylinder cars, i will keep them that way.. no ridiculous comments on 'change it to a v8' will not wash with me anymore!!

: Sorry to rave on but its an issue thats been buggin me for ages... and seeing the recent House of Kolour GT post, and what was said on there, it hit a note with me.

Would be interesting to see if any of the other girls on here have gone through similiar...
Hi Melz,
In reading your post i can pick up your feelings on the issue, but tend to disagree a little for these reasons, if your feeling like you need to get into the next person who bags the car etc. then i think it might be you look at finding some inner peace with your decisions ( which are justified in your 2 purchases ), the reasons i say this is it shouldnt upset you by what some num nut says about your rides in that if you personally are comfortable with where your at you would meerly look at these people and wonder.

If they ( other people ) seem to find fault with your rides then it is they that still need to grow up and best you could do is have a little pitty for them.

just 2 cents
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #15
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

yep i definately agree, two things i really hate, people bagging my car / cars's brand and people who ask how much you paid for it, as its compleatly none of their business. How much i want to spend on something and what i want to spend it on is my own choice (and the g/fs too lol).

its pretty sad when people have to resort to baging out other peoples things/choices to make them themselves feel better about their things/choices
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #16
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

you can have the nicest car on the planet and someone will still bag it out Melz.. And i dont think it is a sexist thing, i think it is a car thing

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #17
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
yep i definately agree, two things i really hate, people bagging my car / cars's brand and people who ask how much you paid for it, as its compleatly none of their business and how mutch i want to spend on something and whaty i want to spend it on is my choice.

its pretty sad when people have to resort to baging out other peoples things/choices to make them themselves feel better about their things/choices
Well said, it shows how sad and pathetic they are when they feel they need to bag out someone elses ride or what has or hasn't been done to it, or when they feel they have to bag someone elses opinion. Shows a level of maturity that even a 5 year old would be ashamed of :hihi:
Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #18
Mrs347stroker
Banned

I have no choice it what cars we own or drive, Matt will always buy a V8 not matter how much it cost to run on fuel etc etc.

I would tell people to mind there own business, it's your car and you will do what you want with it. The best thing to do is ignore them and eventually they will leave you alone.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #19
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My main issue rest in that blokes are out there saying how good it would be to see more women into cars, then in the next breathe all of a sudden you have the wrong car/colour/mags, for their liking... as a whole people need to be more accepting of others differences and tastes...
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #20
big_pete
Sublime

my car gets alot of looks because of the crappy flames down the side, and i cop a fair bit of crap from my mates for having such a crap car, since im supposed to be the big petrol head guy.
plus people think that i actually like my car, just cause i look after it, so i get comments about how crap it is to try and make me feel bad, but it doesnt work becuase i know my car is a heap!

it sucks having a crap car, but my time will come ;)
Old 06-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #21
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
you can have the nicest car on the planet and someone will still bag it out Melz.. And i dont think it is a sexist thing, i think it is a car thing
My experiences have mostly been sexist comments, and me being female means i must have bad taste in cars AS IF!!!

I appreciate the support i get from this particular forum, it makes up for what i support i don't get from my family and people i know...
Old 06-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #22
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
i cop alot of s**t driving an EA, but out of all my friends, (we all got our cars at roughly the same time) my car has been off the road the least. besides, *i* like my car so it doesnt matter if anyone else doesnt.
Same, people think EA... instant heap. I admit early EAs were far from perfect, but most of the problems were fixed in under a year. In fact, contrary to people's belief, an EB is hardly any better than an EAII. The upgraded engine in the EBII was certainly an improvement but doesn't mean the EA engines are bad. People always joke "How many head gaskets have you gone through?". In all seriousness, I can tell them ZERO. Head gaskets are not only an EA problem, even BAs are known to blow head gaskets, so I wish people would get off my back about it.

Also, I've got a towbar, mudflaps, dashmat, and the stock ride-height. People criticise all these features, but that's the way I need my car to be (except the ride-height. That's just lack of money to lower it). The car lives out in the sun so the dashmat keeps my dash in good condition. I drive on a lot of gravel roads so the mudflaps protect my duco. As for the towbar, it doesn't get used for towing. It is there for when people rear-end me. It's happened once before, and the towbar saved the back of the car. If people don't like them, well they can go get stuffed. My car, my decisions.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I'll second that bit... cept I'm 24 and not 19...
Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Dont worry people use to put shi t on my AUIII XR6 VCT ute when it was brand new.. Coz it was an AU or a Ford rararara..

Doesn't matter what you drive people will always put on it, usually coz they are Jealous or because they are self centred pieces of sh it. I wouldn't let it worry you coz it happens to most of us. As long as your happy then why worry about anyone else, opinions are easy to form but happiness isnt easy to find. _2:
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #25
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

You gotta love the idiots who come up with:
Idiot 1 "Hey mate. Fords s_ck!"
Idiot 2 "Yea they s_ck. HSV's rool mate."
Me "And you drive?"
Idiot 1 "A '84 Corolla mate. It's a huuuge system!"
Me - Walk away laughing....
Idiot 2 "Turbo's (?) are quicker than your car anyway!"
Me - Continue laughing even harder....

I wouldn't worry about w@nkers, continue enjoying your cars. Because we all do and will with you.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #26
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Well Said Mel

Amazing the people who posted in this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=22574 have not put their heads into here yet
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Well Said Mel

Amazing the people who posted in this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=22574 have not put their heads into here yet
I fear retribution for saying it's good, usual response would be "You're gay" or saying it's s**t, usual response "Appreciate what the owner's done to the car".
Old 06-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #28
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I'll second that bit... cept I'm 24 and not 19...
And I'll third that, although I've got the XF now, it's my first 6 cylinder, all my previous cars were 4 cylinders, and the number of people who bag you simply on the number of cylinders you have is incredible. Pathetic really :hihi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Also, I've got a towbar, mudflaps, dashmat, and the stock ride-height. People criticise all these features, but that's the way I need my car to be (except the ride-height. That's just lack of money to lower it). The car lives out in the sun so the dashmat keeps my dash in good condition. I drive on a lot of gravel roads so the mudflaps protect my duco. As for the towbar, it doesn't get used for towing. It is there for when people rear-end me. It's happened once before, and the towbar saved the back of the car. If people don't like them, well they can go get stuffed. My car, my decisions.
Well said mate, and I don't think any of us should have to justify why our rides are the way they are, if someone doesn't like it, well, they don't have to ride in it or even look at it if they don't want to. Honestly, the number of small minded idiots who have nothing better to do then bag other peoples opinions and rides in order to try and raise their pathetically low self esteem amazes me, sadly you come across morons like this almost everywhere. :

Melz, I think the response to your question in this thread title has well and truely been answered now, I think it's safe to say not all blokes are like that!

Quote:
My experiences have mostly been sexist comments, and me being female means i must have bad taste in cars AS IF!!!
And you could always try and turn it around, particularly if they DON'T drive a Ford, and say something like "Well, it looks to me that you've got it wrong, being male must give bad taste in cars, after all, look at what YOU chose" :hihi:, although that's probably not the wisest thing to do, I know if I was you I'd be at least thinking it :hihi:

At the end of the day, if you like your ride, that is what matters, and if other people have a problem with it, that's their problem, not yours, try to remember that. :
Old 06-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #29
Clager_250_XF

Yeah it sure does suck i went from a Gemmy wagon with a Supercharged VS 6 in it and spent alot more on it as well and have a load of trophies and stuff for it then i giot a VP witch was nice and went to shows as well, then i got a VH SLE V8 5.0ltr that ran deep into 12`z and now i am driving an XF totaly stock and ugly and slow! and i cop buy all the guys i used to see at car shows and stuff but hey my missus and i just had a son and i know i would prefer my son then any car and if i drive a stocker for now i couldent care less as i have a mutch more importaint thing then cars to spend cash on now!
Clager_250_XF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #30
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had a chat with mum the other night about this (: nearly all my friends own jap cars (fto, subies, supras..etc..), and they would go "helder.. why a ford man? with that money you could get a r33gtst" or "man .. that looks like a girl car!" but like everyone said here, its your personal choice, and mum said skylines would cost a heap to insure, possibley break down alot and attract cops. be proud of what you got ^_^
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post