Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
TK-421

Default Hood lining replacement.

Hi folks

i am wondering what is the best method of actually getting the hood lining in and out of the car in an AU sedan? i have removed all the plastic trim so the lining is ready to be removed.

thanks.

TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

do you mean the interior roof or the bonnet hood lining?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
TK-421

interior.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was this thread ages ago. Should tell you what you need. There are others as well if you use the search function.

How to remove/redo roof lining

Cheers, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
TK-421

Thanks for the link Rhys! one other problem i have encountered is the new lining has rear courtesy lights, map lights so there is three wires and the original only had two???? {you need extraterrestrial like fingers to undo the connecting plug). Not really sure what needs to be done now to get all lights working.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntechAU
Thanks for the link Rhys! one other problem i have encountered is the new lining has rear courtesy lights, map lights so there is three wires and the original only had two???? {you need extraterrestrial like fingers to undo the connecting plug). Not really sure what needs to be done now to get all lights working.
No expert with the wiring but i will soon be adding another 4 courtesy lights to my hood lining to bring it up to fairlane spec and i was just going to splice in the extras by making and entire new loom up and connecting it to the original down on the drivers A pillar as there is a connector there. However i am sure someone else who has done this can shed some more light on it for you.

Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post