Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
jojo
Starter Motor

Default Items on SA roadworthy checklist

I've searched the forum and google and no luck. I'm looking for a complete list of things that are checked when doing an SA roadworthy. I have a car that is awaiting a tier 3 inspection and want to go through as many things as I can before getting a mechanic to do an unofficial roadworthy to save time and money.

cheers guys

jojo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

If it's a FULL roadworthy at Regency - good luck.....especially on an older vehicle.

Some items from memory:
Tyre/Rim (size/tread)
Suspension wear/travel
Ride height
Brake balance
Handbrake operation
Brake hoses
Oil leaks (engine & transmission)
Rust
Headlights
Tail lights
Brake lights
Wipers/washers
Indicators
Window tint
Seat belts
Rear seat installed correctly
rear speakers secured

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honk.. Honk.. and horn....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
jojo
Starter Motor

It is a full inspection and roadworthy and the country inspector will come up here (Riverland). Car isn't too old, 99 AU, but old enough that I want to be fully prepared for it to be picked to bits.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they dont like pods, milo tins and back to front baseball caps.....
Old 01-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo
It is a full inspection and roadworthy and the country inspector will come up here (Riverland). Car isn't too old, 99 AU, but old enough that I want to be fully prepared for it to be picked to bits.
as long as the car is clean, neat, not dumped on the ground with fully sick oil leaks.. everything works on it you'll be sweet. If it doesn't pass the first time you'll be given a list of faults. Fix them faults and re inspect and your back on the road.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
jojo
Starter Motor

It is stock standard and clean and I'm a middle aged female so that goes in my favor. I haven't dealt with them before so don't know if they are uber picky or just want to make sure it is a safe ride.

Don't know what happened but overnight I seem to have become a Ford fan and am totally in love with this car and became a little obsessed with getting an AU
Old 01-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
smally289
growing up is optional

The guys that come up here and do inspections are pretty good to deal with usually. As long as the car is basically ok you should be right.
Why does it need to be inspected?
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
jojo
Starter Motor

It is a repairable write off and also came over from NSW, so they need to check it over. I haven't sent my paperwork in yet so don't have the details, where do they do the inspection? I imagine down in Berri somewhere.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

You'll need a suspension report. This is done where ever you get an aligment done. This report is basically a wheel alignment, making sure the alignment is within specs. So, it'll be necessary to have a printed report. (I have 4 regular customers that do repairable write offs, so I'm for ever doing these alignment print outs).

Another little think that Recency pick on, is that the door hinges don't have any freeplay within them. So wiggle them upwards and make sure the hinges don't move.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post