Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Cooper69S

Default camber castor kits

gday all
realised yesterday that i need a kit pretty badly - obvious camber on both front wheels and worn smooth both inside edges in 17000km. had quotes to install a kit $395 - $415 which isn't as cheap as when i had it done on the EF but that was in Perth and theres more choice of fitters there than in Bunbury.

is fitting a kit a DIY job or are there special tools needed? would it be a lot cheaper to buy and fit the parts and then just pay for an alignment?

Geoff

Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Yeah Buy the Parts , Get It Aligned , Not sure on the Tools Side of things

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
JoesAu

i have the kmac ratchet type one. bought it for 320 installed by me and my dad, bit tricky to get the tools where u need em in certain spots, no special tools needed either. i'd say get someone else to do it save the headaches.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #4
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

yeah its pretty easy, just jack the car up and working on the ds undo the 4 15mm nuts holding the upper arm in. On the PS its easiest to get the nuts from underneath. A ratchet spanner makes life real easy!

after undoing these, arms will just pull back, and swing to the side. Replace bushes (if needed) and then bolt in the new kit. Done!
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
Cooper69S

ordered a kit from Wilkinson suspension in bayswater - only $75 each side - huge saving thanks guys just gotta go buy some ratchet spanners will still be way in front and i've always wanted some of those spanners anyway...
Old 21-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
ordered a kit from Wilkinson suspension in bayswater - only $75 each side - huge saving thanks guys just gotta go buy some ratchet spanners will still be way in front and i've always wanted some of those spanners anyway...
good stuff.... just make sure you get some form of warranty, or a decent set. We bought a set and the first nut we went to loosen broke the ratchet!
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura97
good stuff.... just make sure you get some form of warranty, or a decent set. We bought a set and the first nut we went to loosen broke the ratchet!
was probably going to get kinchrome - they're reasonable and lifetime warranty i think...
Old 21-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

superworks gold is made by stanley that also make sidchrome so ill probably get those
Old 22-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesAu
i have the kmac ratchet type one. bought it for 320 installed by me and my dad, bit tricky to get the tools where u need em in certain spots, no special tools needed either. i'd say get someone else to do it save the headaches.
For what it's worth, I was told today at the local Tyrepower today that these units often slip, thus losing their setting. The guy said to go for the shim type units. Longer to set, but set will remain true.

Also told that the factory settings for Falcons were great for turn in, but really dodgy for tyre longevity.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 02:56 AM   #10
chief
FTF Club Moderator

This AU area must be full of nocternals lol. Lets see JC, B2TF, GK, Chief, blackers10

Sorry no relation to the thread, thought I just point that out.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 03:24 AM   #11
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

definatly chief we are nocturnal LOL.. i work 2pm-midnight so this is afternoon to me
you can order in nolathane and or fulcrum gear thru your local supercheap store!
just see the spare parts counter

and its helpful to bring in the parts numbers with you if you can otherwise it makes it take 10x longer for the person to find the prices for the parts you need (especially if you get an un trained moron that supercheap is finally realising they employed alot of and its a BIG black spot on their record that they are FINALLY fixing!!)
Old 22-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #12
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
This AU area must be full of nocternals lol. Lets see JC, B2TF, GK, Chief, blackers10

Sorry no relation to the thread, thought I just point that out.
Been falling asleep on the couch whilst pretending to watch TV LOL!

Waking up around 12-1ish, heading to bed when I hear that oh so familiar and welcoming whirr of the computer CPU cooling fan! Hmmmm the PC is still on, I think I'll check out the forum! LOL!

And you know the rest, an hour later.......!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post