Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
fromthefridge
Starter Motor

Default LV LX Focus sony stereo problems - usb and bluetooth

My stereo appears to have packed it in. The usb has locked up, and the bluetooth isn't connecting with the iphone. I've held the on/off button in until it restarts a number of times and it isn't fixing it. The voice control has also stopped working.

Any suggestions.

Feeling a bit jaded about the car at the moment.I've had it for 4 months, bought it on runout sale, already had a ball joint in the suspension replaced, the whole dash out to fix a rattle in the aircon ducting, and the drivers side doors have rubbed which means i either need both doors resprayed or just put up with the scratch. Now i can't even listen to what I want in my scratched and squeaky car. :(

fromthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: LV LX Focus sony stereo problems - usb and bluetooth

Take it back to dealer. You have warranty right? Don't settle till repairs are to an 'as new' standard.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
fromthefridge
Starter Motor

The dealership is becoming my second home. Was there on wednesday trying to sort out the door. Was there last week trying to sort out the door, and get the suspesion fixed. In november it went in 3 times to get the rattle behind the dash sorted.

Also means I've driven an LW focus, a festiva and an escape! Hanging out for an xr6t for the next loaner.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Turbodiesel
Torquer

The only other thing I can think to do is to disconnect the battery for 10 mins for a full power cycle.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
fromthefridge
Starter Motor

I'll check that I have the radio code first.

Its booked in again for Tuesday, with another loan car.

I rang 13FORD today and didn't really make any progress. Got off the phone feeling quite defeated. Ended up ringing the dealership to give them a heads up that I'd rang hq and theyd be getting a call and that I may have been a bit angry on the phone. The whole situation has almost turned around. Now the dealership is being helpful while ford is being defensive.