Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Default Movie streaming sites

Hey guys,
As the title suggests, who are you currently using to stream movies. There have been a few over the years like putlocker, 123movies etc. I went looking for Black Mass last night on Netflix, it’s been removed, after I don’t now how long, and is only available for rental or to buy. I don’t use these site often and every time I find a good one it’s taken down after awhile. I know all these sites have pop up’s to questionable sites and be difficult to navigate as most of you know but with video shops closing where else do you find them.
Is there a common site that lists free streaming media?

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports

Last edited by 73 4V XB; 19-02-2020 at 03:54 PM.
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Movie streaming sites

I have never rented an online movie before. (I dont watch many films)

But talking to friends and I see there is some real hesitation to rent online though streaming entertainment is an every day thing.

Many of us never thought twice about handing over $5 or $6 for a film from a video store...a film that you needed to drive to a shop to collect, that requires it to be returned in 24hours with another drive, (and even once upon a time needed rewinding! )

Why are we hesitant to pay a similar fee for a film thats online and easy to use.

Is it because we have been spoiled by an era of torrents and free content and now refuse to open the wallet?
Or is it something else?

EDIT - not having a go at the OP or thread! The topic has just been on my mind recently
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 06:21 PM   #3
creative
I am Batman

A mate uses popcorn time.

personally I just D/L stuff.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #4
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
I have never rented an online movie before. (I dont watch many films)

But talking to friends and I see there is some real hesitation to rent online though streaming entertainment is an every day thing.

Many of us never thought twice about handing over $5 or $6 for a film from a video store...a film that you needed to drive to a shop to collect, that requires it to be returned in 24hours with another drive, (and even once upon a time needed rewinding! )

Why are we hesitant to pay a similar fee for a film thats online and easy to use.

Is it because we have been spoiled by an era of torrents and free content and now refuse to open the wallet?
Or is it something else?

EDIT - not having a go at the OP or thread! The topic has just been on my mind recently
No offense taken,
Was thinking more along the lines of the free latest movies sites. I remember the VHS days well and that’s why I don’t do the online line thing very well. I’m also don’t put credit card details in anything on line, unlessI know the place.
I don’t have a PC connected to the telly and don’t really want to. I’ve been streaming through a iPad and Apple TV box.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post
I don’t have a PC connected to the telly and don’t really want to. I’ve been streaming through a iPad and Apple TV box.

Android is much easier as apple stuff is restricted

1 - use a casting device with cheap android phone or tablet and an apk

Or

2 - jailbreak smart tv and an apk

Or

3 - android box and an apk

If you choose one of those options pm me and i can give you deets on some apks to try or help you out - there is a lot of info vids on YT

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 10:20 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Vodafone box is cheap ... and an Android box too.
No need to have any accounts with Vodafone to get it.

so many different streaming services on there as well to download and connect to.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #7
Electrolyte Burns

I use these two ATM.
This one for recent stuff.
https://flixtor.to/show/movies/all/f...lp8HFyUzmYn16Q

And this for older

https://putlockers2020.com/movies/
Electrolyte Burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post