Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Default After Market Warranty's

Hi guys i want peoples opinoin on after market warrantys, i work for a warranty company and if a after market warranty was availble to yourself what would u think of it?

2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
act2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
Hi guys i want peoples opinoin on after market warrantys, i work for a warranty company and if a after market warranty was availble to yourself what would u think of it?
In my case, no thank you.
act2617 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Depends on the fine print. Some won't cover the drivetrain, some will under certain critera. Lucky the wife is a lawyer.

P.S I wouldn't by a second hand car again though....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not worth the paper they are written on.They have too many "out" clauses and don't cover things like head gaskets which is probably the most common item that anyone will need cover for.
I work for a dealership and we sold one to a bloke which included towing.His car broke down after hours and he rang the number in the warranty booklet which was an interstate business hours only number so he couldn't speak to anyone.He had to arrange his own tow and when he rang them on the Monday morning they refused to re-imburse him for the tow as they didn't authorise it.
They are just another way for a dealership to make money and they are money for nothing for the company supplying them.
Morexbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs
Not worth the paper they are written on.They have too many "out" clauses and don't cover things like head gaskets which is probably the most common item that anyone will need cover for.
I work for a dealership and we sold one to a bloke which included towing.His car broke down after hours and he rang the number in the warranty booklet which was an interstate business hours only number so he couldn't speak to anyone.He had to arrange his own tow and when he rang them on the Monday morning they refused to re-imburse him for the tow as they didn't authorise it.
They are just another way for a dealership to make money and they are money for nothing for the company supplying them.
dont agrre with u there, we cover head gaskets and our towing is through SOS who are the biggest in the world, what company was the warranty through
2002auxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

i have had 'free' (meaning built into the purchase price) aftermarket warranties in the past, and like Morexbs said, they are useless. I wouldnt bother with one if I bought a second hand car again.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post