Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
daveym
Starter Motor

Default Engine Malfunction Service Now

My ST is just about to kick over the 10K mark and as I was sitting outside a shop with the engine idling waiting for my daughter about a week ago, I remember turning the A/C off and feeling a noticeable drop in engine revs, once she got into the car i drove off and the error message "Engine Malfunction Service Now" came up on the center screen and my car went into limp mode once i got home i stopped the engine and started it again and everything was back to normal. i had hoped it was a 1 off anomaly and kept my fingers crossed until it happened again a few days later as i started the engine, i turned it off and started it again straight away and all was clear again. I have an OBD2 dongle that is always plugged in to the port as i use my phone as a black-box recorder, I didn't think of looking up what the error code was when it happened at the time but i would have thought the ECU logs all faults and stores them but when i did a scan it just came up with no error codes stored in ECU. Would the fact that the OBD2 is left in all the time be the cause of the problem? I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this warning. Hopefully it is just a software glitch?!

daveym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
DreadlyST

Your certainly putting the Kms down, don't even have half the ammount done that you have!
This don't sound too good, have you brought it to the dealer for them to run diagnostics? Might have better equipment than you have yourself?
As a matter of intrest have you had a service on your car yet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Engine Malfunction Service Now

Checked the oil?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
daveym
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Checked the oil?
Just checked the oil level, it's fine. I had the usual 2-3k checkup but the 1st service is at 15k.
daveym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
mid
old enough to know better

do you have a cold air induction kit or any mods to the intake?
Just been thruogh hell and back with a FS Werks kit that did the light thing and when chiptorque tuned it the same kit lost me 8 to 10 kw.
apparently they dont like the air box being played with.
mid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post