Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #9691
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 6th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

14 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.132%.

No new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.088% and active cases 68.

The UK had a slightly higher 6,019 cases yesterday and 158 deaths, the 12th consecutive day under 10k cases.

Just under 70k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,831 deaths sees CMR up to 1.810%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 1147M, the last 1M in 2 days;
North America passes 34M cases;

To give an idea about what 'weekend recording means', the countries that don't report (with their rounded 5 day average in brackets) include: Spain (6k), Peru (5.8k), Libya (0.8k), Bosnia & Panama (0.5k), Venezuela (0.45k), Costa Rica & Oman (0.3k), El Salvador (0.2k) - for a total of ~15k cases.

Gabon (371);
Jamaica (527); and
Hungary (7,269) - the previous high on 29/9/20;

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while Malaysia drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #9692
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Brazil is once again in trouble with the virus it seems. Record number of daily deaths and infections, second only to the USA. The presidents response? He told his people to "Stop whining".
I said last week they were a basket case and it's not getting any better. Their 10-day average is over 61k cases a day and although the USA is worse with a 10-day 69k average, they also only have 2/3rd the population of the USA so are much worse in terms of cases/100k. The only positive is that they have only had half the deaths of the USA because their total case numbers (11M) are only a third of the 30M the US has had due to their peak case numbers only being 87k, not the almost 300k the USA managed. They are still trending above their 95th percentile which shows they are not gaining ground whereas the USA is well under their 90th percentile of 198k cases a day with under 70k most of this last week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 03:00 PM   #9693
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
My 79 year old mother had the pfizer first shot on feb 16th , sore arm starting 1 day after , worse on day 2 gone by day 4. No other reaction , she has a few issues , high blood pressure , low vitamin D .
Dad gets the annual flu jab, so I don't think he is worried about the little ache and pain that commonly goes along with a jab. Heard Fauci say that 90% of long term vaccine effects will show up within 4-6 months. Probably enough time for the rest of us, but not for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford.
Brazil is once again in trouble with the virus it seems. Record number of daily deaths and infections, second only to the USA. The presidents response? He told his people to "Stop whining".
I get daily FB updates from friends living there. They say Bolsonaro is just a replica of Trump, so its not surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
You can't complain about dose allocation and distribution when certains states are way behind on administering the ones they have. The 75% is the amount of administered doses in NSW. Slow and steady
Phase 1a is mostly being managed and administered by the Federal government of NSW, so its fair we hold them to account. Look at the gap between allocated and delivered. Mr Hunt is one of the few cabinet ministers that I respect, I get it its not an easy job, but its obvious where the focus of work is currently being delivered. Good to see Mr Hunt inviting Gillard to get the jab along with him today.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #9694
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

‘We can’t do much with 50 doses’: GPs concerned about supply, capability of COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...06-p578e3.html

"Werribee doctor Joe Garra said of his clinic: “We can’t do much with 50 doses. Once we vaccinate staff and doctors here, that’s 10 doses gone”.

“We’re really keen to start and get people vaccinated, but that is going to depend on the supply of vaccine to make it efficient. Until we’ve got vaccine guaranteed in our hands, we can’t book a place or employ casual staff to help do the vaccinating."
Old 08-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #9695
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 7th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

16 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.130%.

10 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.084% and active cases 72.

The UK had a lower 4,907 cases yesterday and 82 deaths, the first day under 5k cases since 28/9/20.

Just over 58.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,518 deaths sees CMR up to 1.811%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global deaths pass 2.6M, the last 50k in 5 days;
Europe passes 35M cases;
Brazil passes 11M cases - 69% of the South American total;

Only

Jamaica (723)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #9696
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 8th, 2021.

9 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.130%.

6 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.081% and active cases 78.

The UK had a higher 4,982 cases yesterday and 65 deaths, the second consecutive day under 5k cases.

Just over 45k new cases in the USA yesterday and 719 deaths sees CMR steady at 1.811%. That's the first day under 50k cases since mid OCtober last year. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Africa passes 4M cases;
Italy passes 100k deaths;

Isle of Man (108);
Mongolia (108);
Guinea (242);
Norway (828);
Jamaica (878); and
Paraguay (1,817)

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 09-03-2021 at 01:31 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2021, 09:08 PM   #9697
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmS...el=MarshFamily
4 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #9698
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
I heard on the radio this morning that over 70% of the Covid-19 vaccines administered so far has been in NSW. And, NSW is the only State to vaccine the quarantine workers families as well as the workers. No other State/Territory has enough vaccines available to be able to vaccine the quarantine workers families. Also, NSW is using the Pfizer vaccine, the one that is more effective. Others are using the less effective AstraZeneca vaccine.

yep....my son got the Pfizer vaccine three days ago.
Old 10-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #9699
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 9th, 2021.

15 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.128%.

4 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.079% and active cases 79.

The UK had a higher 5,766 cases yesterday and 241 deaths, ending the run of days under 5k cases.

Just over 46k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,032 deaths sees CMR up to 1.812%. That's the second consecutive day under 50k cases. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 118M, the last 1M in 3 days;
Switzerland passes 10k deaths;

Timor-Leste (20);
and
Paraguay (2,125)

Bosnia moves above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and the UAE drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 01:36 PM   #9700
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

When was Australia’s last Covid death?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 10-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #9701
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

NSW Chief Health Officer named Woman of the Year as state’s vaccine rollout gets under way

Quote:
NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant, who has overseen the management of the coronavirus pandemic in Australia’s most populous state, has been named the NSW Premier’s Woman of the Year, the highest honour in the NSW Women of the Year Awards.

The NSW government has announced its intention to bring forward the vaccination of some members of phase 1b – particularly healthcare workers – as well as the families of aircrew and quarantine workers as it attempts to accelerate its vaccination rollout.

Federal government data released on Monday night showed NSW had completed 21,763 coronavirus vaccinations in the first two weeks of the rollout, compared to 14,422 in Victoria and 8300 in Queensland.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...10-p5799p.html
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #9702
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
When was Australia’s last Covid death?
28th Dec. Linked to the Northern Beach outbreak I think.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-deaths/aus

Is it safe to bring up the elephant in the room? Whats going on with minister Hunt?
Old 10-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #9703
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Is it safe to bring up the elephant in the room? Whats going on with minister Hunt?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ister/13233056

Cellulitis. It's a bugger to get rid of once you have it. Usually related to old injuries/operations that get infected. I have a mate who gets hospitalised annually for this. Needs intravenous antibiotics to get under control.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:30 PM   #9704
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
If the A/Z vaccine has changed him into a flesh eating zombie, how would we know the differance?
Old 10-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #9705
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ister/13233056

Cellulitis. It's a bugger to get rid of once you have it. Usually related to old injuries/operations that get infected. I have a mate who gets hospitalised annually for this. Needs intravenous antibiotics to get under control.
I think I'd rather have what Minister Hunt has got than what Premier Andrews has done to himself. That could take a long time to get over and you only get one back............
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #9706
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I think I'd rather have what Minister Hunt has got than what Premier Andrews has done to himself. That could take a long time to get over and you only get one back............
At least its proof he has a backbone and a spine Seems to be still communicating well. If he goes for surgery, won't surprise me if he steps down.

As for Hunt, I see him as one of the good guys, so we'll know if he has morphed after A/Z. The timing couldn't be any worse though. My folks, in the 1b category, are now asking if they can go to the back of the queue.

News coming out of Austria not helping either. Also heard on the radio that there has been a couple of deaths in aged care here after Pfizer, but apparently unrelated to the jab. Can't find much info on google though.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #9707
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was just reading an article about a QLD campaign to lure tourists from the south after doing their best to cut themselves off

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/quee...10-p579e8.html

Not going to spend a cent in QLD or WA when I next go on holiday and know plenty who feel the same.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #9708
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I was just reading an article about a QLD campaign to lure tourists from the south after doing their best to cut themselves off

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/quee...10-p579e8.html

Not going to spend a cent in QLD or WA when I next go on holiday and know plenty who feel the same.
I'm sure we up here in Qld won't lose any sleep if you don't visit. Gold Coast already booked out at Easter. Sunshine Coast the same..........
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #9709
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Re: Not going to spend a cent in QLD or WA when I next go on holiday and know plenty who feel the same.

Local holidays are doing well, WA economy is best in the world (as reported). QLD second in the country.
Our economy doesn't rely on the eastern states visitors, spend your money in your state

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 10-03-2021 at 08:33 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #9710
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Cellulitis. It's a bugger to get rid of once you have it.
Greg Hunt has released a photo. He says Liberal cellulite is hard to get rid of once you have it.

Old 11-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #9711
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Re: Not going to spend a cent in QLD or WA when I next go on holiday and know plenty who feel the same.

Local holidays are doing well, WA economy is best in the world (as reported). QLD second in the country.
Our economy doesn't rely on the eastern states visitors, spend your money in your state
Wow, how petty - both of you. As far as mitchay being parochial: Is it true NSW still has restricted service as bars and clubs? If so you're the one missing out. Also the article was about winter tourism - you're crazy if planning a holiday in winter and not heading north unless you ski or something. If you don't ski then have fun on the wet and cold southern coasts.
I don't care what you do, but laughing at the pettiness and state rivalry...
Old 11-03-2021, 09:14 AM   #9712
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's got nothing to do with being petty or parochial.

It's about having the confidence to put down your hard earned and I have zero and that's due to how borders have been managed. Plenty have the same view and that is not good.

At this stage that isn't going to change until the vaccine is rolled out.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #9713
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Can we just stop the childish petty bickering so that I don't have to keep editing tripe pout of this thread?

Observatio Facta Rotae

8 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #9714
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate does driving for UBER and DIDI in Brisbane. He reckons 80% of passengers he picks up from the airport lately have been Victorians. Apparently the caravan parks are full of Victorian plates.

I think there was a report that a lot of retirees have moved up north....and Karens, I said you are welcome to have all our Karens.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #9715
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Greg Hunt has released a photo. He says Liberal cellulite is hard to get rid of once you have it.
What Is the Difference Between Cellulite and Cellulitis?

https://www.medicinenet.com/differen...is/article.htm

HTH.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #9716
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Wow, how petty - both of you. As far as mitchay being parochial: Is it true NSW still has restricted service as bars and clubs? If so you're the one missing out. Also the article was about winter tourism - you're crazy if planning a holiday in winter and not heading north unless you ski or something. If you don't ski then have fun on the wet and cold southern coasts.
I don't care what you do, but laughing at the pettiness and state rivalry...
How can you plan your next holiday interstate? even with the vaccine roll out does not guarantee to be the holy grail against the the virus variants. Certain premiers have proven themselves on a whim to shut borders at the first sign of a sniff & cough.
The rivalries of the states is being caused by our leaders not the public.
This is not the Australia I know of since the premiers started their grandstanding.
Cheers.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #9717
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So we have passed the 100000 doses administered mark. A bit of criticism about the pace but it will ramp up like it did in the US.

I think I will reserve judgement until April when the local batches are heading out the door and they have it bedded down a bit more.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #9718
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 10th, 2021.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.127%.

1 new case and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.079% and active cases 80.

The UK had a higher 5,926 cases yesterday and 190 deaths.

Just under 56k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,708 deaths sees CMR up to 1.814%. That end the run of consecutive days under 50k cases. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:

No countries

Denmark, Turkey and North Macedonia move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and Senegal drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #9719
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Waaaay back in October last year, our PM and New Zealand’s PM mutually indicated that in late (this current) March, quarantine free travel would become largely a reciprocal arrangement. I’m yet to see any recent commentary on whether this is still a probable milestone.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #9720
Work Horse
Budget Racer

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/n...fe-travel-zone

"From 11:59pm AEDT on 11 March 2021, quarantine-free flights from New Zealand to Australia will resume."
Closed Thread