Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
fordmondeoman

Default Tdci bleeding fule system

Going to replace the fule filter in my mb tdci does anyone know if the system is self bleeding or is there a special way of bleeding it? any info would be great guys

Old 14-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be an extreme high pressure fuel system that you cannot bleed like on old-skool diesels

It would have to do it itself.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
fordmondeoman

the filter is on the low pressure side before the high pressure pump, some diesel are self bleeding eg bmw engines that have a dump valve on the rail where as the psa used by ford does not which means that it most likely cant bleed air out. I know on MINI diesel which is a psa engine although different to the one in the mondeo it has a hand pump to bleed the system but i cant find one any where on my car so im guessing there is proberly a way to activate the fule pump to bleed the system, and hoping someone out there is able to tell me how to do it.

And yes the new diesel engines do run high pressure around 1800 upto 2200bar now days but even old school as you say still ran into the 800 bar which still is a **** load