Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 31-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Default New Guy

Well I am not really a new guy on the forums But I am a New guy to this car I just Picked up.

I have liked the look of the twin light fronts for a long time and I like the simple workings of the earlier E-series ( ea-ed )
So Story behind the car .
Girl parents bought it new off the show room floor 6/94
They then passed it onto there daughter when they upgraded to a AU in /99
The car was very well looked after till the daughter gets it ( its just a car after all she says ) Then as her parents have just up graded to a BF they gave the daughter the AU , I used to see the daughter all the time , about 10 weeks ago I seen her at the servo in the AU , I asked where the ED was and she said it was in the back paddock with the clutch pedal on the passenger floor .... If I want the car I can have it cheap
So what was I to do ........

When I first got it home.

to now with a cut and polish and a clean and removed the side strips and guard blinker

The interior is Stock as a rock , Right down to the tape deck

in the glove box there is the original service book and there is a tape as well as a small bottle of touch up paint in it as well.

Not to bad from the rear ....

The front is ok But needs a heap of work done to get it looking good.
, First I will be pulling the grill and head light surrounds out on Wednesday to get the crack fixed.

at the same time I do that I will put the red cover back on the drivers door mirror .

I was told that the drivers door has been replaced as well as the RHF guard . I put the guard back on so it was only the door that's been replaced but the guard is buggered , it is flat on the top edge and hits the door when you open it.

I have all ready got a heap of stuff for it to tighten it up a bit and I will start putting them in this week,
Cross drilled and slotted rotors front and rear with rts pads
heaps of Nolathane , New upper and lower arms , sway bars and sway bar links front and rear , New struts and springs front and rear , as well as the normal stuff like lower ball joints and tie rod ends.

That's about it so far , I have had the car driving for about 2 weeks and I have just clicked up 55km in it , even after fixing the pedal box the clutch is still hard to press so today I got a new cable and put that in there , it is better but still not good enough I think.

So I will be in here and looking at the other tickfords to see what I could do to mine, the next things on my list is new front and rear bars but I have been looking at body kit web sites and they don't look good in there pics.
If you guys have any ideas on nice front and rear bars let me know.

Cheers
Trick

Old 02-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
XRO6
On the hunt for grunt

Nice car mate, these are getting rarer and rarer to find. Keep it stock in the body department and it will be an automatic stand out!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hey Trick,

as already mentioned, stock ones are harder and harder to find. Most have been chopped, modded, or in some cases, just plain butchered. Very few are still neat and stock.

If you do decide to mod it, I'd suggest hanging onto everything so it can go back on. Ohh, and if you do find parts - grab 'em- they too are hard to find.

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #4
trick_xd

Yes it is so stock its a bit of a shame I have got it .
I am one of those sort of people that like to mod things all the time.

It still has the factory cassette tape in there but only 1 speaker works and the tape bit don't work so I will upgrade to a CD/DVD player.

as I said the drivers door and front guard has been replaced but I still have them both in my shed now , I tried putting the guard back on but no luck it is out of shape and with out a fair bit of body work it wont look right .

I Will be rebuilding the motor later down the track so its still the same block and all matching numbers.
Old 13-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #5
trick_xd

So I have been ringing around to get insurance , my EL is with AAMI . So I tried them first , Well they don't have a listing for a June 94 EDXR6 and as I have put in better brakes and lowered struts and springs they would not touch it anyway.
So I rang Just Cars insurance and they have no listing as well , but they will do it if I get it valued buy someone they will do it for 7K .

So I rang RACV , they know the car but not the year its made and will insurer it for 5K.

So not a lot of luck so far , in getting what I want .

Who do you guys use , do they do agreed value , is it a good price ?

Cheers
Trick
Old 25-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Try E Car insurance. They are a Queensland based company and I could get my BA XR6 Turbo insured for only $625 Full Comp and I am under 25 years. I never went through them though coz I thought it was a bit cheap for comprehensive insurance and thought it to be dodgy but if your after cheap insurance them go with E car.

Trick - nice original ED XR. Keep it that way
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post