Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
347Stroker
Banned

Default Undercover Police XR6 Turbo in Brisbane

Just thought I would let you all know up here in QLD that I was just harassed, and baited for a race by a silver XR6 Turbo, reg. TRI24 an Indy, brace yourself series plate. Be on your guard....he was on Newnham road, apparantly from the Upper Mt Gravatt station.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

And he was a cop?
Old 28-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Go and have a peak in the police workshop at Pickering Street, well the carpark anyhow.. There are a few XR8's, a few T's even a couple of Terri's complete with roof racks ...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey 347Stroker,

Yeh you bet - had the exact same situation. In fact i've even seen him set up a speed gun on Old Cleveland Road too - with the XR6 parked in a side street - him out in uniform pinging speedsters.

Coupsta
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
347Stroker
Banned

Well I was driving home in my XR8 ute, and heres this silver XR in the mirrors, right on my tail, pushing, and then shoots up the inside at a million miles an hour, as we cross over Mt Gravatt Capalaba road, heading north, so as we went past repco, in the dip, I booted the ute, going up the hill, and saw at first what I thought was a shift light on the lower right side of the dash, and looked back in the mirror, and it was white......so I slowed, and he wouldnt pass, so I hit the brakes, as if to want to turn right, and saw the bloody uniform looking at me.
This cop was really trying to get me to get up it, so he could race, and then book me.
They try and say under Joh it was a police state.......

In my books, if a copper tries to race you, and brings it on, it is more commonly known as "entrapment" in other forms of the justice system, wonder who will be the first with this ***** to bring similar charges on him!!!!
Old 28-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
brembo
Starter Motor

There's no such thing as entrapment in Australia, no laws against it. What you can do it record the vehicle registration and time/date then make a complaint to Police about reckless driving of an on duty police officer.
brembo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #7
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

that s&*^ is crazy !!
Old 28-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
347Stroker
Banned

If they werent out there trying to mislead the public, by putting race series plates on what is commonly know as a quick car, and having it unmarked touring Brisbane, do you really think they would do anything about it???
This vehicles sole purpose is to not look like a cop car, so people will want to race it.

The old advertising campaign, that was up here stated "Theres no such thing as safe speeding"

If thats the case, why do the QLD police force spend millions of dollars training drivers to drive fast, in pursuit, and buying fast cars for the job.
If there was no such thing as safe speeding, they would not be allowed to do it, as workcover would not process the claims for injury, if one were to arise from speeding, seeing that that job, would be classed as dangerous, and they would not insure the person for it.

Hence, from this I take, THERE IS A SUCH THING AS SAFE SPEEDING. Just not for you and I, we will get pinged for it.
But I guess there is one shining light......at least we dont get done up here for 3k over the limit like our poor brothers do in Victoria.
Old 28-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just carry a digital vidieo camera with you and entrap him show how he's driving dangerously and speeding that would look good on acurrent affiar see the police comminisher explain that on :the_finge

03 XR6T lighting strike auto prem sound 19's
383.9rwkw

96 EF series 2 XR8 sedan manual
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

As much as i hate those kind of shows, thats the sort of stuff you should be getting Tintop (Ray Martin) onto. It IS entrapment, and while there is no official law against it, there would still be an outcry if people were to find out about it.
Old 28-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
347Stroker
Banned

I am a little unsure as to if it really does not apply here in australia. As far as I know, if you are a tradie, and someone wants to try and make your quote cheaper, if they suggest cash, so as to avoid GST, if it turns out to be someone from the ATO, or worse, ASIC, they cant do a thing about it, because it is classed as entrapment, and I know this HOW?????
Because I may have been that person.......
Old 28-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i posted in another thread bout this thing goin on. in canberra some cops do this in SSs and XRs. mate even said some cop had a HSV GTS trying to bait people. also heard that there is a black SS ute that is an undercover cop aswell. yeah it is tight as hell but if you go for it then your street racing so they can book you. the government would also back the boys in blue. i doubt a complaint would do much. i say even if you did got it on camera ACA wouldnt even play it cause they want to only show car hoons who arent police.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #13
347Stroker
Banned

I hear ya, this is just utter crap, and I guess that the only reason that he didnt pull me was the fact that when he saw me, or checked my rego, that he found out that I was not some young bloke in an XR8, I was actually an older guy, that might know whats going on. I would hate to be one of the younger guys on the roads about brisbane.......not a hope in hell.
Old 28-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah. lucky i guess. i was thinkn bout doin Ps off but as if im gonna pay to have the same rights as a full licence driver does, which is not have to worry bout being harassed
Old 28-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #15
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say rub the pricks out,they try to race...put em into the wall...lets see them try and prove you were'nt provocked.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i think some cops have no problems putting themselves into walls bahhahahaha
Old 28-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #17
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brembo
There's no such thing as entrapment in Australia, no laws against it. What you can do it record the vehicle registration and time/date then make a complaint to Police about reckless driving of an on duty police officer.
don't bother mentioning police officer...just get on your handsfree kit mobile, call the local police station (doesn't matter which one) and report the actions of a lunatic driver endangering other road users. Follow this up with a written reportto police HQ (again, without mentioning that you know it was a cop).

If enough people do this, then that cop will get hauled over the coals....
hehehe
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #18
MAD
Petro-sexual

I dont see the issue???

If you're stupid enough to enter the race, then you deserve to be booked for it.

Whoopdie doo if the cop is playing tricks, trying to bait oyu....if you take the bait from the copper, obviously you will take the bait from another driver on the road, and deserve to be fined for it.
Old 28-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #19
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
If they werent out there trying to mislead the public, by putting race series plates on what is commonly know as a quick car, and having it unmarked touring Brisbane, do you really think they would do anything about it???
This vehicles sole purpose is to not look like a cop car, so people will want to race it.

The old advertising campaign, that was up here stated "Theres no such thing as safe speeding"
Maybe I'm getting old (though, I had the same thing happen to me while I was at a set of lights in a GT about 15 years ago) but I'm all for taking idiots off the road that will light them up as soon as another 'quick' car fills their mirrors.

I want cop cars lining up idiots at the lights, then pulling them over when they take the bait. I'm certainly sick of having buzz boxes wanting to line me up at the lights then abusing me at the next set when I'm not interested. Public streets aren't racetracks and those that use them that way should be removed using whatever means neccessary.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #20
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
I dont see the issue???

If you're stupid enough to enter the race, then you deserve to be booked for it.

Whoopdie doo if the cop is playing tricks, trying to bait oyu....if you take the bait from the copper, obviously you will take the bait from another driver on the road, and deserve to be fined for it.
Reverse the situation, and try & bait a cop car... You don't need a fortune cookie to tell you that this is fux0red...

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #21
Dodge
i like to be stroked

took my stang out on the weekend for one of my last blasts, had a xr 6 turbo pushing me along past bryne burt ford at mt gravatt, i sat on speed limit, then they overtook me on the back road to chandler, i got to see a hot chick so i followed, anyway i was sittn on 130 mph , the turbo and i were neck to neck.
Old 28-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #22
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
fux0red
What's that mean? :sm_drool: Should I came back when I'm sober?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #23
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

lol it means "F***ed" in 1337 h@x0r speak :nutsycuck
Old 28-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #24
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
took my stang out on the weekend for one of my last blasts, had a xr 6 turbo pushing me along past bryne burt ford at mt gravatt, i sat on speed limit, then they overtook me on the back road to chandler, i got to see a hot chick so i followed, anyway i was sittn on 130 mph , the turbo and i were neck to neck.
lol was this chick hot enough to get booked for. just wondering. ive nearly scraped some gutters cause i was checkn out hot chicks lol. stupid i know but you see a hot chick and youve got to look. called being male
Old 28-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #25
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Reverse the situation, and try & bait a cop car... You don't need a fortune cookie to tell you that this is fux0red...

-Dave-
How could anyone be stupid enough to bait a cop?

Besides its not really the point on whether it is a cop or not, its the simple fact of willingness to drag race on the streets.
Old 29-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #26
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
i was sittn on 130 mph , the turbo and i were neck to neck.
Loverly.

Everyone needs to save the racing for the track, it's not beneficial for motoring enthusiasts to have some fringe dwellers pushing the boundaries with excessive speeds.

As for cops baiting, good on them, as if they don't already put up with enough crap. If some of you can't resist the impulsive urge to street race against something that might be "fast" by Australian standards.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 12:36 AM   #27
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
How could anyone be stupid enough to bait a cop?

Besides its not really the point on whether it is a cop or not, its the simple fact of willingness to drag race on the streets.
Yep, I totally agree with you mate, the streets are for cruising :

However I was highlighting the double standards here... Pointing out that if someone were to bait a cop car, they'd end up in deep doodoo. If a cop baits you though, and you fall for it, *you* end up in trouble and either way they get away with it. Not fair!

-Dave-
Old 29-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #28
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like the suggestion of taking the plates down of the unmarked car without saying it was a cop cause then they would disregard the complaint completely in my opinion.
Old 29-04-2005, 01:20 AM   #29
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker

If thats the case, why do the QLD police force spend millions of dollars training drivers to drive fast, in pursuit, and buying fast cars for the job.
If there was no such thing as safe speeding, they would not be allowed to do it, as workcover would not process the claims for injury, if one were to arise from speeding, seeing that that job, would be classed as dangerous, and they would not insure the person for it.

Hence, from this I take, THERE IS A SUCH THING AS SAFE SPEEDING. Just not for you and I, we will get pinged for it.
But I guess there is one shining light......at least we dont get done up here for 3k over the limit like our poor brothers do in Victoria.
I havent ever thought of that before but it is EXACTLY RIGHT. You have put a good meaning to what speeding is about - more money for the government.

I do in most cases agree with some speed limits and abide by tehm at most times. I personally know and i think everybody knows is
-The right speed for the situation/s and there is such thing as safe speeding, its just that your speed needs to be limited to the road conditions.

One thing that should be called speeding is 80kmh in a 80kmh zone when its absolutly ****ing down in peak hour, the problem is though its still "supposedly safe".

On the other hand its illegal to go 120 in a 100 zone even though there are no cars around, the road is straight, completly dry and smooth with no bush on either side of the road.

Speed is what gets us to and from places, excessive speed is the thing thats unsafe... just my opinion and swaying a bit off topic

Last edited by needturbo6; 29-04-2005 at 01:22 AM.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #30
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i reckon some speed limits are uneccessarily too slow. i mean 110 is the max right. i bet the majority dont even stick to that speed limit. im on my Ps in ACT so 10-15 over ill just lose 1 point. but if i go to NSW ill lose 3. i just have to stick to the limit. the kings highway goin to batemans bay from canberra has weird speed limits. on one bit you go from 100 to a 50 through a town. but this limit is also 50 on the way in and out where it should be at least 60 or 70. i get overtaken by dickheads in the 50 zone for sittn on the limit. it just causes congestion in some scenarios.

but then again if you raise the limit by 10-15 people will also do another 10-15 maybe even 20 over it aswell and instead of people used to doing 110 or so in a 100 they would now be doing 130 in a 110. if anyone catches the drift.