Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Default Airbag light on

Gday all, been a while since I've posted in this thread!
About 3 months ago I had the air bag light come on mid journey. Went away and didn't think much of it.
Today went out 3 times and the light came on all times.

Is it an major issue, loose wire, common issue?

Cheers!

-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Airbag light on

On some cars it is the spring contact for the airbag in the steering wheel that prematurely wears but do not know about focus issues with that.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't tell you specifically about the Focus one, but on my last car (EF Falcon) the light came on because some component or other had rusted out. This meant the airbag wouldn't go off if needed, so it's probably worth getting it checked out. The problem in the EF supposedly required a whole new airbag module, which was going to be almost more than the car was worth (one of the reasons why I ended up trading it in for the Focus).

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Doesn't sound fun.... Auto sparky or fraud my best bet?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

My dad has this issue. The wires under the drivers seat was sheared (worn through due to friction) due to the drivers seat being moved constantly. Mum and Dad share the car. Apparently Ford wanted some big bucks to fix it by replacing the cabling. Dad resoldered it and it's been fine.

Might want to check that the wires under the front seats are still good.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ensure you disconnect the battery and wait 10 minutes before joining the wire in case you accidentally trigger the airbag when soldering the wires
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post