Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 10-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Ford_allen

Default straight pipe Vs Mendrel Bent sport exhaust

hi guys i have a mendrel bent spor exhaust system on my ford ba 6cyl but i wanna get smt abit more loud. and imnt good at these technical stuff. i went to couple of exhaust shops and i was told they could change the rear muffler to straight pipe and there would be one spor muffler in the centre muffler and there would be 2.5 inch straight pipe instead of rear muffler.do u guys know that how this would effect the car goes? do u think like i can end up lossing some power?or do i have to get my car retuned?as i heard i could end up lossing back pressure?

Ford_allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_allen
hi guys i have a mendrel bent spor exhaust system on my ford ba 6cyl but i wanna get smt abit more loud. and imnt good at these technical stuff. i went to couple of exhaust shops and i was told they could change the rear muffler to straight pipe and there would be one spor muffler in the centre muffler and there would be 2.5 inch straight pipe instead of rear muffler.do u guys know that how this would effect the car goes? do u think like i can end up lossing some power?or do i have to get my car retuned?as i heard i could end up lossing back pressure?
You will need a back pressure guage to know for sure - it does depend greatly on the mufflers you use.

You would have to consult your tuner re the tune - sometimes the effect could be negligible, in the case of a forced induction car, it will be mandatory.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Ford_allen

the muuflers are apx and mendrelbent, so it is possible that to loss power.fanx
Old 21-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

im not familliar with the mufflers - could you post a pic of the system??

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #5
Ford_allen

hi
if you like, i can pass one day from your place. it sounds good but it needs retuned. i wanna get some extra mods and then i will get my tune done, better in that way i reckon, maybe for my budget.it has 4490 and metal cat and pex centre muffler and straight pipe rear muffler. abit like soup,everything in it.it hope they match good.
by the way whats the max safest power at the rear wheels should be ford ba n/a 6 cyl? like without killing diff or transmission or anyother thing.