Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Events and Meets

Old 14-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 
Default SYDNEY EVENT (unofficial event update)

Cruise night for Sydney members.
As reported in the latest street machine Mag.

Sydney Charity cruise.

TO: Harrys cafe de wheels : , Liverpool Mega center
COST: $35.00 per Car.
WHEN: FRIDAY 18th April 2008. 6.30pm meet, 8.00pm departure.
REGISTER ON LINE AT: www.musclecarcruise.com
HELPING: PHD reaserch into Childrens heart disease.

Already know of a few coupes going, some from the forums, look for "FATASS" landau at the markets, come and meet your forum mates!!!!!

PS DONT FORGET TO REGISTER BEFORE THE NIGHT

MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
fatasslandau
the money box

this has always been a top night most the magazine guys go . The only thing is that everyone is to be on there best behaviour (which is very hard for me) Its very tempting to have a little play but must refrain for the greater good.
well posted gaz
fatasslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

AAARGH! Going to have to give it a miss....awaiting power steering pump and new lines......oh well, now that we have got more of the Sydney coupes together, we can always do another run another time!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Sounds great. Good to see Sydney coupe owners getting together. Enjoy and don't forget, post up heaps of pics......

Cheers.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

There is plenty of time Jamie!!! Would be great to see a pic of you and Colin's Landaus next to each other!!! Beauty & the Beast ....... NOW, if I gave myself 10 hours and a few hundred $$ ...... :(

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
There is plenty of time Jamie!!! Would be great to see a pic of you and Colin's Landaus next to each other!!! Beauty & the Beast ....... NOW, if I gave myself 10 hours and a few hundred $$ ...... :(

Haha! Somewhere I have a picture of Colin next to my Landau......just not quite the same thing is it??! No offence Col!

Yep, there will be other times....I'm busy working on the LTD with 4VXC at the moment.
Sod the cost Dave, just put a highway diff centre back in- we'll change it back when you reach Sydney! :

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
fatasslandau
the money box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAREV8
Haha! Somewhere I have a picture of Colin next to my Landau......just not quite the same thing is it??! No offence Col!

Yep, there will be other times....I'm busy working on the LTD with 4VXC at the moment.
Sod the cost Dave, just put a highway diff centre back in- we'll change it back when you reach Sydney! :
Now thats an idea i'll even supply the gasket!
Old 16-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
MEANXBCOUPE

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Hows the fuel pump Colin?? Still good for Friday?

What did they end up charging for the rebuild?
Old 17-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
fatasslandau
the money box

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANXBCOUPE
Hows the fuel pump Colin?? Still good for Friday?

What did they end up charging for the rebuild?
hey gaz pump sorted and in no cost (just as well) car is ready just finished tinkering looking forward for cruise hope rain stays away
Old 17-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
MEANXBCOUPE

Cool. Rooney is comming (superoo429) in the TS50. Ill bring the XR8 Rebel if the family comes if not ill bring the pursuit 250 out.
See you there. ( about 7 ish).
Old 18-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #11
MEANXBCOUPE

REMINDER

Tonite is the night.
SEE you all there.

Gary
Old 18-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Looking forward to seeing some pics guys!
Old 19-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

SO! How did it go? Pics are now required!

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
MEANXBCOUPE

Sydney Muscle Car Cruise. 18th April 2008.

It was a wet and cold night for the 5th Muscle Car Cruise. But this didnt stop the keen car owners of Sydney from showing up.

The meeting place was the Parklea market car park near Blacktown at 6.30pm for a 8.00pm departure. The cruise route was along Sunnyholt Rd to Old Winsor Rd then on to the Cumberland Highway.

All cruise cars were to meet at the Domain Mega center in Liverpool.

Now, one thing must be said. I dont think the organisers expected the approx. 800 cars showing up, this proved a problem on route.
The registation process was quite quick and well organised, with voluteers to help people through the process. It was here that pre-registered participants recieved a "goodie" bag, with free stuff from sponsors.
Posters, cd's, meguires sample packs, discount vouchors, and magazines were included as well as a tee shirt of the event. All proceeds were for research into childrens heart disease, a great cause.
A sticker was also included for all entrants to place on thier windscreens. This all but ensured you would not be defected or pulled over for "random" checks by the fuzz, provided your on your best behavour.The event was to ease relations between Sydneys hot car enthusiasts and the NSW Police.
After registation and a short rainy spell, it was time to catch up with friends and check out some cars.

As metioned, it was very dark and rainy, so photography was limited, many photos were unsuitable to post, ie too dark or blurred ect.

IN THE CAR PARK>>>

Colin (FATASSLANDAU) and brother Chris (DAFOOL)

Colin's Landau in the car park.

Shane's TS50 (superoo 429)

We headed off about 8.15 for the Liverpool mega center. Police cars blocked traffic lights for an easy exit from the car park( as easy as 800 cars leaving at once can be ).
Through the driving rain along Old windsor Rd, 55 chevs, GT falcons, American "yank tanks" and angry Torana's were an unusual site.
We turned on to the Cumberland highway and the rain eased, no doubt Fatass was relieved because his wiperarms had been disconnected and with his windscreen fogging up, it was drive-by-braile.

This is where the story get ugly.
Due to the large number of cars, the two lane highway stood still for about 45 to 60 mins as cars filtered into the carpark. Once again, police stood point duty in the cold dark night at key locations to help ease traffic.

FATASS in the traffic, shot taken from Meanxbcoupe and Rebel220's XR8 on the highway

After finally getting a parking spot in the mega centre, we re grouped for a quick chat. it's about 10.30pm by now and people are tied and a bit ****ed at the traffic, so after a quick bit to eat we headed home around 11-ish

Shauns Cortina.

So, do we go next time?????

The jury is still out. A great event, would be better without the rain. But even though with police and State rescue help, there is too many cars, the number of cars had seemed to double by nights end.

We'll see.

Gary.
Sorry theres not too many photo's, but it was impossible with the weather : :
Old 19-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
fatasslandau
the money box

Thumbs down

Quote:
SO! How did it go? Pics are now required!
not a good night rain let up at start of night .half way down it ****ed down(landau got wet) then things got worse. 400 metres fom entry turned into carpark waited 1.5 hours just to get to driveway. a heap of cars over heated but the mighty coupe stayed cool. switched car off and rolled for a bit as was running out of fuel.parked car close to entrance for easy exit ate than left. as far as pics go only saw 1 coupe(mine) so coupe pics are extremely thin.so unless they do something about it for next one i will not be attending
ps more coupes definately needed
colin
Old 19-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
MEANXBCOUPE

Should have got in the Right lane Colin. We flew thorugh in only an hour!!!
Old 19-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #17
fatasslandau
the money box

Quote:
Should have got in the Right lane Colin. We flew thorugh in only an hour!!!
screw the right lane screw the left lane screw the whole dam road
Old 19-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
MEANXBCOUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatasslandau
screw the right lane screw the left lane screw the whole dam road
Still a little angry??
My anger managment class ****es me off too!! :
Old 19-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #19
fatasslandau
the money box

Quote:
Still a little angry??
My anger managment class ****es me off too!! :
who me angry! im such acalm individuel.ha
Old 19-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yeah can imagine the hell you went through on the roads .... Sydney not good at the best of times, not helped by 800 in one go and in the rain! Bit like the wait getting into the All Ford Day but in 30 degree early morning heat! Not pleasant.

Would have made for exciting times drivng though? I know what its like having a few HP' spare and a wet road. Lucky no one tail ended anyone!!!

Quote:
screw the right lane screw the left lane screw the whole dam road.....
Sorry but I know how this can be just so damned annoying! Have to put up with crap roads and triffic in the morning going to work, let alone for FUN!!!!

800 though would have been great to see on the road on good day though!

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
not a good night rain let up at start of night .half way down it ****ed down(landau got wet) then things got worse. 400 metres fom entry turned into carpark waited 1.5 hours just to get to driveway. a heap of cars over heated but the mighty coupe stayed cool. switched car off and rolled for a bit as was running out of fuel.parked car close to entrance for easy exit ate than left. as far as pics go only saw 1 coupe(mine) so coupe pics are extremely thin.so unless they do something about it for next one i will not be attending
ps more coupes definately needed
colin
mate my worst nightmare is the landau getting wet,well done to you guys who went ,the weather was terrible,a few months ago jamie(rare v8) and i went to a charity run out to that venue at liverpool ,and we were the only 2 ford coupes out of 150 to 250 cars.mate the coupes are certainly a rare breed these days.
Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #22
MEANXBCOUPE

Quote:

Would have made for exciting times drivng though? I know what its like having a few HP' spare and a wet road. Lucky no one tail ended anyone!!!
Unfortunatly, there was a fatality along the cruise route. Head-on, 1 passed 3 injured. An RX4 and a late model Japanese. Dont think they were from the run though.

Last edited by Auslandau; 19-04-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fixed quote :)
Old 19-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #23
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Too bad about the rain but just goes to show..not even rain stops us coupe lovers from going for a cruise! Thanks for posting up the pics. Love the blue flames. Paint job looks great!
Old 23-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #24
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

i enjoyed the night apart from catching a chill from the weather. i was behind fatass for a while while waiting to get into the mega center. got something a didnt expect, i got high from your fumes mate. awesome car by the way!! anyone see the xw-xy that caught on fire? could of been worse if someone didnt come to the rescue with their fire extinguisher. two old falcons didnt behave, police slapped them with a fine for doing a burnout and these blokes proudly displayed the tickets on the inside of their windscreens. thats one way to have a good night i guess.
Old 25-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
MEANXBCOUPE

XOOOBOSS,
Which car were you in mate??
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #26
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

haha. was hoping nobody would ask that question. mazda tribute 4 wheel drive thingy. was a last minute thing so we just jumped in my brothers wife car which was last car in his driveway. we didnt actually think wed go for a drive to liverpool. we just wanted to check out cars at markets(we were 5 mins away from there) but after seeing the amount and quality, couldnt help but go.