Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4.0l engine covers.

Never seen one, so chances are they dont exist. Is there an aftermarket or a Ford built engine cover for the 6 cylinder AUs?

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You mean something like the Tickford cover the AU2/3 XR8s and T series got? Then the answer is no. If you mean something else, the answer is still no.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

What about making One dude .. Wouldnt be Hard , Get an XR8 one and Attack it with the Grinder

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what for? to trap heat and waste time when working on your car?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The V8s have one to hide the coil pack etc. On the I6, most of the ugly stuff is hidden away anyway, so ned real need for a cover at all. But it wouldn't be too hard to modify a V8 one to suit, but at around $200 for an engine cover, it's not a cheap heat retaining mod.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
AU dude
Flying high...

What about that plastic thing that covers the drive belt and power steering reservoir, I know its not an engine cover, but if you spray it up a nice colour it might make the engine bay more presentable...

AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want to make your engine bay look better powder coat / paint / polish your rocker cover. There's many on here who've used one of these options to good effect.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The E-series serpentine belt/PS Pump cover does make a difference ... and makes it look cleaner.

If i can come across a 2nd hand rocker cover ... I might get one painted up nice.
But at the moment ... the engine bay is filthy ... being a work ute though it will remain dirty ... I can't remember the last time it was cleaned underbonnet.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I6 rocker cover's are cheap from the wreckers if you want to get one to play around with, anything from $15-30 will get you one.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Hmmm ... well ... next time I am at the wreckers I might ask about one and see if they have one ... I have an idea
Old 13-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #11
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Would be good to see one of the XR8 Ones on there , like covering the Injectors and stuff..

Hmm ???

Old 13-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

why cover a rocker cover that can look like its been chrome dipped? have a look at this thread....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=90266
one of the guys has done a fantastic job
http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...act=item&i=166
i love the engine bay in this one, considering doing it to mine, but perhaps a different colour on the intake manifold.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #13
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Why . Its the inevitble question , why Try , Ill Try it ,

Old 13-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #14
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Hmmm ... well ... next time I am at the wreckers I might ask about one and see if they have one ... I have an idea
Ok I'll ask... What your idea?
Uncle Ken :
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a spare VCT rocker cover that is powder coated black. Was going to put it on my car, but no so sure now. I think I prefer the red cover
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You mean something like the Tickford cover the AU2/3 XR8s and T series got? Then the answer is no. If you mean something else, the answer is still no.
So i guess thats a straight out no jc
JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

What , so your telling people not to try it because of the Hot air ... Fair Enought , it would still look cool thoughh

Old 13-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I got a spare VCT rocker cover that is powder coated black. Was going to put it on my car, but no so sure now. I think I prefer the red cover

Have seen this rocker cover .... and it does look bloody good too with the spears on the top rubbed back and shiny too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ken
Ok I'll ask... What your idea?
Uncle Ken
I am going to stick with the green rocker cover look (being EGAS) ... but the green is going to be slightly different though .... I'll see if i can get a spray painter to do one up with a candy apple through it ... but still keep it a fairly dark shade.

Also looking at doing a few underbonnet items in a metallic silver (I am looking at getting an aftermarket intake done and then getting it powder coated in ametallic silver as well .... so will be getting rid of some of the black items under there.

All comes down to costs really .... and what I can remove easily (or what parts I can get as replacements easy/cheap).
Old 13-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #19
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's here in the computer room. I might get inspired one day to put it on.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #20
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm Complete HIMBO question, but is there anything you have to look out for when buying a rocket cover ? I know mine is AU6 non-vct, but apart from that i mean...

Like can they be worn and i need to check this before buying ?

And do i just buy new seals from FORD ?
Old 13-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

make sure there are no cracks in the casing ... that would be about all.
The cleaner the better though.

If getting powder coated though ... it might get beadblasted on the outside first so it will get rid of most marks/impurities.

Your standard rubber (I think it is rubber) gasket should be fine as long as it is not leaking prior ... it can be reused.