Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default breaking into a 121 mazda (91 model)

does anyone have suggestions on how to break into a 1991 121 mazda. the obvious answer is the racv, which may be the only one, but i am hoping to get in very soon
we can access the boot, but the rear seats are in the locked position, i cannot seem to unlock them from inside the boot
the door rubbers seem too tight to allow anything to pass through and of course i do not want to damage them
i realise the racv or damaging the rubbers are the obvious answer, but any advice would be appreciated
thanx

Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brick....
Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Brick....
being thick as . . . is the reason we are in this situation

2 set of keys and cannot access either - what are the odds of both being inaccessible at the same time
Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
dusty86

these are pretty easy, can bend the door frame back out and then unlock it with some packing tape and sandpaper, then bend the frame back once it is open
Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
gtxb67

thanx, if i was at work, i would have had better tools to open it - but then if i was at work i would have had the second set of keys and not needed tools :
i had thought about the brick idea, but then i would have gone from "as thick as a" to "much thicker than a"
it's open now so now we will just leave a window down at all times so if we lock them in, we can still get them out :
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
thanx, if i was at work, i would have had better tools to open it - but then if i was at work i would have had the second set of keys and not needed tools :
i had thought about the brick idea, but then i would have gone from "as thick as a" to "much thicker than a"
it's open now so now we will just leave a window down at all times so if we lock them in, we can still get them out :
Do they still make those little metal magnetic key holder box's. I used to have one attached to the underside of the car ages ago.

Or some soft wire holding the spare key under the front end
Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
magoo66
JAFO

Quote:
if i was at work, i would have had better tools to open it - but then if i was at work i would have had the second set of keys and not needed tools
Ummm, I know that you've gotten into the car now, but, if the second set of keys are at your work, wouldn't the obvious answer have been to just go to work and get the second set of keys? Or just wait until you go to work again so that you could get them?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Do they still make those little metal magnetic key holder box's. I used to have one attached to the underside of the car ages ago.

Or some soft wire holding the spare key under the front end
probably, but if i hadn't left the spare keys at work, then the keys being locked in wouldn't have mattered
i am a bit cautious about leaving keys anywhere that undesirables may find them. it was silly of both of us, but it is the first time, she has locked keys in the car and the first time i left them at work - it just had to be the same day
Old 10-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo66
Ummm, I know that you've gotten into the car now, but, if the second set of keys are at your work, wouldn't the obvious answer have been to just go to work and get the second set of keys? Or just wait until you go to work again so that you could get them?
the car the keys were locked in was behind the other car. i called work to see if anyone was there and would have walked there, but this is one of around 5 times no one was there on a saturday in the last year. if anyone else was there, then i would have been too

waiting wasn't really an option, because apart from not having a car all weekend, my wife works sunday mornings and then on monday i would have had to walk to work and then walk back with the keys, so she could then go to her work

it is just a silly situation that should not have happened. bad timing plus stupidity on my behalf

it is a major pain, because i cannot get to the 3rd car that was supposed to go on a photo shoot today. it is my sillyness, but to access that car i need 3 separate sets of keys
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
probably, but if i hadn't left the spare keys at work, then the keys being locked in wouldn't have mattered
i am a bit cautious about leaving keys anywhere that undesirables may find them. it was silly of both of us, but it is the first time, she has locked keys in the car and the first time i left them at work - it just had to be the same day
Its all Darwinian actually. Evolution has always ensured that certain species will prevail. It's quite a clear sign that you and your wife shouldnt breed. And you cant argue with me on this point, as (whilst I hope I am wrong), if you did breed, theres a big chance that in the future, darwinian theory will appear again, and you will lock your offspring in the car (who will perish), with no keys available.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Its all Darwinian actually. Evolution has always ensured that certain species will prevail. It's quite a clear sign that you and your wife shouldnt breed. And you cant argue with me on this point, as (whilst I hope I am wrong), if you did breed, theres a big chance that in the future, darwinian theory will appear again, and you will lock your offspring in the car (who will perish), with no keys available.
yes, but if we were already members of the racv they would come around instantly and for free - providing there was a child in the car
i tried that today - told them there was a child in the car and they were around within minutes. when they saw there was no child - he kicked the car. as luck would have it, he hit the window, didn't need him anymore - although now gotta hope it doesn't rain
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i tried that today - told them there was a child in the car and they were around within minutes.

Please tell me this is a joke, you effectivly called a faulse alarm :

As some one who responds to emergency calls people that do this kind of thing for kicks give me the 5hits

if you lock your keys in the car, deal with it, wait the hour for the RACV or undo the trim form behind the seat and lower the rear seat, dont claim theres a kid stuck in the car so the RACV guy leaves a trail of carnage in his wake trying to rescue your imaganry kid

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti

As some one who responds to emergency calls people that do this kind of thing for kicks give me the 5hits

if you lock your keys in the car, deal with it, wait the hour for the RACV or undo the trim form behind the seat and lower the rear seat, dont claim theres a kid stuck in the car so the RACV guy leaves a trail of carnage in his wake trying to rescue your imaganry kid
Im pretty sure he was joking - speaking of imaginary friends do you have any?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny thread of the day award....
Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiadude
Im pretty sure he was joking - speaking of imaginary friends do you have any?
I hope so

as for imaginary friends, what you do think, I'm an imaginary creature therefor all my friends are imaginary

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #16
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
A trail of carnage?

Your not a producer for ACA are you?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
gtxb67

Quote:

it was in jest - the post i replied to may or may not have been a joke, but instead of looking for negatives in it, i tried for positives
although if i was to call the racv in that fashion, would i not be creating a thread about how they kicked in my window for no reason at all
Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
it was in jest - the post i replied to may or may not have been a joke, but instead of looking for negatives in it, i tried for positives
although if i was to call the racv in that fashion, would i not be creating a thread about how they kicked in my window for no reason at all
No, but, according to the story of the boy who cried wolf it's okay to lie at least twice. So if it's your first or second time then you're okay.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Benefit of the doubt then that he (Bobthebilda) was joking ..... anyway, keys are out, jobs done, time for all the imaginary people to go and chase their imaginary rabbits .......

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread