Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation interesting police visit

heres the story some old people from a local RSL pulled my rego for "hooning" and demanded my car be impounded for doing a burnout RIGHT IN FRONT of a police station, yet I left no visible sign of rubber on the road or smoke the "incident" was me taking off out of a carpark accross the road from the police station promptly in the wet with traction control on, yes it chirped a couple times but was not even close to a burnout, and comeon right in FRONT of a police station??!? - so theres the incident now the police visit

i answer a knock to the door and get "hello is this mr xxxxxxxx, we have had a report of you hoon driving at xxxxxxx place at xxxxxxxxx time, was this you?"

my response "uum isn't that right out the front of the police station"

their response "one second" and off they wandered to the squad car, I waited at the door while they were doing "something" and chatting in the squad car and after about 5 minutes one of them returned to the door and said "don't worry about it, sorry to waste your time" and with that he got in the squad car and off they went

RESEARCH officers RESEARCH! if I was to hoon drive or burnout right out front the police station I am pretty sure they come out and jam me up and impound my car, to close it ****ed me off that a member of the public can go HOON HOON and give your rego to cops and they come over all hardass like, but in this case the police were made to look somewhat stupid so jokes on them this time, next time someone decides to do that I hope they don't come in too hot and impound cars with no proof apart from some dudes' say so

so thats my vent thanks guys

Old 01-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Cops were only responding to a complaint AKA doing their job.

Oo\===/oO
Old 01-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Hemicuda
IH8TOG

You should seek legal advice and serve the informant with a summons. You can probably sue the idiot for defamation, lying to police and trying to slander your good name. But really, for the police to consider even following this up is pretty ordinary form. I think the world has bigger problems that are more important than a burnout report from RSL members that have obviously had a little too much to drink. I'm glad the police involved had the initiative to let common sense prevail.
Anyway, if they did decide to follow it up, you could always take it to court. It wouldn't take much for a first year conveyancing solicitor to discredit a senior citizen's eyesight and hearing that had just stepped out of an RSL.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess one of the senior citizens must of being having bad luck with bingo the time the alleged offence occured!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Yeah what a joke. I had $4000.00 of wheels and tyres stolen from my brand spanken new car (VYSS at the time) with a perfect full hand print of who did it on the right guard of my white car and they wouldnt even come out to look.. Yet someone calls you a hoon and they visit.. If this is where our extra police officers that are supposedly already understaffed are going its a joke.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In your post you state that you chirped it twice upon leaving the car park.

There's your answer.
You were obviously not driving to the weather conditions at the time.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Big deal..........
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #8
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits

There's your answer.
My thought's exactly.

Adam.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #10
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
hahaha thats Gold

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

WHile i don't think the police did the wrong thing as has been said they are only doing there job, the joke is the situation the government have put us in, all dobbing on one another..

To my mind the only people enforcing the laws should be the police themselves not some oldies sitting at the RSL..
Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #12
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Typical of all road "laws" .. guilty until proven innocent.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits

There's your answer.
100% correct.

Even though it may seem harsh you have to see it from the elderly peoples point of view, they are probably used to seeing young people harass and intimidate them on the road with loutish and immature behaviour and therefore saw your "two little chirps" as the same sort of behaviour. I can tell you from experience that a law suit will fail, you have not been charged nor have you been punished. If it was a concerted continual effort to get you in trouble then yes, you would have a claim but as it has already been dealt with where no negative outcome has been reached then all counsel will do is take your money for the consultation.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
WHile i don't think the police did the wrong thing as has been said they are only doing there job, the joke is the situation the government have put us in, all dobbing on one another..

To my mind the only people enforcing the laws should be the police themselves not some oldies sitting at the RSL..
They have to follow up the complaint, not the cops fault at all.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemicuda
You should seek legal advice and serve the informant with a summons. You can probably sue the idiot for defamation, lying to police and trying to slander your good name.
DAMN RIGHT SUE THEM FOR ALL THEY'RE WORTH.

What, are you American or something? It was a mistake, big deal. People like you who go round sueing people for trivial things are the reason I have to pay so much insurance.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #16
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

what are you supposed to say when the cop asks that question with no evidence other then someones word?

"Yes officer, I did a marley, take me away."

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #17
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Yeah what a joke. I had $4000.00 of wheels and tyres stolen from my brand spanken new car (VYSS at the time) with a perfect full hand print of who did it on the right guard of my white car and they wouldnt even come out to look.. Yet someone calls you a hoon and they visit.. If this is where our extra police officers that are supposedly already understaffed are going its a joke.
Ding ding ding!!!
We have a winner folks!!!

And this is the biggest problem I have with police and their policy in general.

You can run around raping, bashing, stealing, breaking and entering, etc, etc and it's all too hard for the cops to follow up (and yes, I'm speaking from experience as a victim to some of the above crimes).
But as soon as you loose traction momentarily (before ESP / traction control cuts in) or travel at 3km over a signposted speedlimit BAM!!! they're onto you with a public display of flashing lights, sirens sounding, two officers in the car wasting tax payers money.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
They have to follow up the complaint, not the cops fault at all.
As i said there is nothing wrong with the police fllowing it up.. what is wrong that if he had said yes.. there would have been a tow truck waiting around the corner..

If someone is caught red handed by the law then yes they should be punished but if someone dobs them in and there is no evidence then it should be good for a warning and nothing else.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #19
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
heres the story some old people from a local RSL pulled my rego for "hooning" and demanded my car be impounded for doing a burnout RIGHT IN FRONT of a police station, yet I left no visible sign of rubber on the road or smoke the "incident" was me taking off out of a carpark accross the road from the police station promptly in the wet with traction control on, yes it chirped a couple times but was not even close to a burnout, and comeon right in FRONT of a police station??!? - so theres the incident now the police visit

i answer a knock to the door and get "hello is this mr xxxxxxxx, we have had a report of you hoon driving at xxxxxxx place at xxxxxxxxx time, was this you?"

my response "uum isn't that right out the front of the police station"

their response "one second" and off they wandered to the squad car, I waited at the door while they were doing "something" and chatting in the squad car and after about 5 minutes one of them returned to the door and said "don't worry about it, sorry to waste your time" and with that he got in the squad car and off they went

RESEARCH officers RESEARCH! if I was to hoon drive or burnout right out front the police station I am pretty sure they come out and jam me up and impound my car, to close it ****ed me off that a member of the public can go HOON HOON and give your rego to cops and they come over all hardass like, but in this case the police were made to look somewhat stupid so jokes on them this time, next time someone decides to do that I hope they don't come in too hot and impound cars with no proof apart from some dudes' say so

so thats my vent thanks guys
I agree that should have researched the address of the alleged incident prior to attending...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #20
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Yeah but you live in a state that has not had a royal commission (don't get me wrong in some circumstances that is a good thing)....in NSW unless EXTREME circumstances ALL stolen or steal from motor vehicle gets forensic services to attend for prints.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #21
boo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemicuda
You should seek legal advice and serve the informant with a summons. You can probably sue the idiot for defamation, lying to police and trying to slander your good name.
burnout report from RSL members that have obviously had a little too much to drink. I'm glad the police involved had the initiative to let common sense prevail.
Anyway, if they did decide to follow it up, you could always take it to court. It wouldn't take much for a first year conveyancing solicitor to discredit a senior citizen's eyesight and hearing that had just stepped out of an RSL.
About the same chance of a deformation case against them as they have against you. After all, you are alluding that they are hearing/vision impared along with drinking... :

but anyway - as has already been said, the cops were just doing their job. End of story. :

FOR GO: Pacemaker 4490 headers, 2.5" Stainless steel Zorst, K&N panel filter, XR6T Upper Snorkel, F6 lower snorkel, 3" CAI (Thanks Troppo), Generic 98RON tune... 170rwkw :evil3: FOR SHOW: iPod connection, XR6 Scuff plates, XR6 airbox plate, Alloy pedels
Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #22
boo81

double post - please remove

FOR GO: Pacemaker 4490 headers, 2.5" Stainless steel Zorst, K&N panel filter, XR6T Upper Snorkel, F6 lower snorkel, 3" CAI (Thanks Troppo), Generic 98RON tune... 170rwkw :evil3: FOR SHOW: iPod connection, XR6 Scuff plates, XR6 airbox plate, Alloy pedels
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
As i said there is nothing wrong with the police fllowing it up.. what is wrong that if he had said yes.. there would have been a tow truck waiting around the corner..

If someone is caught red handed by the law then yes they should be punished but if someone dobs them in and there is no evidence then it should be good for a warning and nothing else.
Sorry mate, I'm not accusing you, I'm agreeing with you. Also I agree 100% with your last statement.

Quote: