Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Default Auto Vandals - Westfield Belconnen

Hi guys, just got back from a 5 day holiday, after 5 years of work (yeh... the odds are tops eh?)

Never though my luck could have gotten worse, arrived at the so-called "premier" apartment, had to scrub the kitchen pots/fry pan/chopping board, housekeeping was terrible, my shower was only working with ice-cold or scalding hot water (and im in Canberra in the middle of winter mind you so the thought of a cold shower was only slightly more apealing than blistering my skin off in boiling hot water). Internet connection did not work, so all my work i brought with me could not be done.

Then went shopping, about 6pm, Westfield Belconnen, shopped at Coles, 15 minutes later found my car kicked-in.

Brand spanker new Honda V6, very dissapointed to say the least.

When i parked it, i could not help but think at how dodgey the carpark seemed, people hanging around/poor lighting/mess of abanded shopping trolleys etc. And also noticing how tight the parking spaces are (compared to Sydney shopping centres) so i chose to park next to a nice black AU XR. Though to myself this guy would care enough for his car, so as to not scratch mine. I did leave a MASSIVE gap too between us.

Like i said, only 15 minutes later, most of the cars had gone, so too the black AU, and a foot-print in the middle of my front quarter panel. Kicked it hard enough to need work to the guard, side skirt, bonnet, wheel arch unders and windscreen channel.

I dont know........maybe the fact i forgot to remove the fuel consumption sticker may have been seen as a bit of an attention seeker? Its a FREAKIN HONDA! what gives?

Uh, the joys of working hard towards a new car.:

Old 17-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How dare you go out and work hard and earn a dollar and not go on the dole.
Then you rub their noses in it by buying a nice new Honda and flaunt it in front of them.
The nerve of some people.

(Of course I'm saying this sarcastically, sorry to hear you had your car damaged, lowlife scum)
Old 17-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Like all my friends have said so far .........Serves you right for choosing to go to Canberra for a holiday in the middle of winter!

And if anyone else gets as excited about fuel economy as me, then you would cheer to hear that i got 6.6l/100 from the V6 on the trip back with the car full!
Old 17-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
azaxr8

take a few friends, buy a $50 junkbox. watch from a distance. then have some fun with the maccas-hanging crew? low life scum
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
3vXT

After 5 years of work you take a holiday for 5 days and take some work with you? I hope my boss never hears about you or i'll be out of a job

Sorry to hear about your car, i had my new car kicked and pee'd on less than a week after i brought it home. Its a nasty feeling to know some people do this stuff for fun.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i feel your pain mate when i bought my ba xr8 two weeks later drunk driver smashed in to the tub. while i was parked he didn't get far though he then took out the neighbours living room. (now why i have a custom tray )
so i got lucky in the sense he was caught.
well sounds like a horrible holiday . Maybe your luck will pick up
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
After 5 years of work you take a holiday for 5 days and take some work with you? I hope my boss never hears about you or i'll be out of a job .................................
Unlucky for me .........................i AM my boss. The joys of running your own business-enough said!

Oh and i also forgot my second wonderful experience at the same shopping centre the following day.

Being the curtious driver i am, i was being very, very patient with a lovely old lady who struggled to get her sardine-can sized car out of her parking spot. She was making her anger very clear to me (you know - how inconsiderate of me to drive my car withing 50 meters of her ability) so i moved a far left as i could for her...........and then gutter crunched my rimes......17's.

Yeh, a great holiday!
Old 17-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your first mistake was coming to Canberra for a holiday
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be sure to head over to charnwood shops next time. The wildlife is much more friendly over there. ;)
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T
Be sure to head over to charnwood shops next time. The wildlife is much more friendly over there. ;)
I dont have a crystal ball,.........but i get a very strong feeling that i wont be returning to Canberra any time soon!
Old 17-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #11
Dezza
Parts bin special

So many tools out there. I've had the EA vandalised a few times now. The first time, someone tried to force the fuel door open and put a big crack in it, the second time was at christmas when the whole passenger side got keyed, then on the weekend when my alternator died, while on the flatbed someone egged it. Luckily it all ended up on the windscreen and not the paintwork.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

I've luckily NEVER ever had my car vandilised.. But then again my car collection so far is a "VL Commodore, Nissan Patrol, XG Falcon Ute, Toyota HiLux and now a XR6T Ute."

So hopefully even with the inclusion of my nice new car my luck stays good and some low life doesn't get jealous he cant afford the extra money to have a nicer car.

But mate very sorry to here about your Honda.. It isnt one of those variable cylinder ones is it the guy might of saw them on the adds :S
And decided to beat some drums in the side of it, they are Canberra people remember ;) :P
Old 18-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

mate i feel your pain a month ago some scumbag put 18 key scratches down the drivers side of my ba xr8
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Your first mistake was coming to Canberra for a holiday
Yep I totally agree!

On a serious note, sucks to hear about your car mate, but unfortuatley, it's the risk we take.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

That’s fantastic!!! : I just moved to Canberra and I’m so protective about my car. But I’m not sure what’s worse...someone doing a good job and keying the whole car which needs a full re-spray or the small 10cm handbag scratch which Pi$$es you off even more because its not worth the insurance!!

I was sitting in my car when a fully sic WRX pulled up in the park next to me when the fat snobby female opened her door onto my car!!! She looked me in the eye and said nothing. Not even a stupid blonde giggle or sorry.
Old 18-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #16
JC260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Hi guys, just got back from a 5 day holiday, after 5 years of work (yeh... the odds are tops eh?)

Never though my luck could have gotten worse, arrived at the so-called "premier" apartment, had to scrub the kitchen pots/fry pan/chopping board, housekeeping was terrible, my shower was only working with ice-cold or scalding hot water (and im in Canberra in the middle of winter mind you so the thought of a cold shower was only slightly more apealing than blistering my skin off in boiling hot water). Internet connection did not work, so all my work i brought with me could not be done.

Then went shopping, about 6pm, Westfield Belconnen, shopped at Coles, 15 minutes later found my car kicked-in.

Brand spanker new Honda V6, very dissapointed to say the least.

When i parked it, i could not help but think at how dodgey the carpark seemed, people hanging around/poor lighting/mess of abanded shopping trolleys etc. And also noticing how tight the parking spaces are (compared to Sydney shopping centres) so i chose to park next to a nice black AU XR. Though to myself this guy would care enough for his car, so as to not scratch mine. I did leave a MASSIVE gap too between us.

Like i said, only 15 minutes later, most of the cars had gone, so too the black AU, and a foot-print in the middle of my front quarter panel. Kicked it hard enough to need work to the guard, side skirt, bonnet, wheel arch unders and windscreen channel.

I dont know........maybe the fact i forgot to remove the fuel consumption sticker may have been seen as a bit of an attention seeker? Its a FREAKIN HONDA! what gives?

Uh, the joys of working hard towards a new car.:
Mate thats really sad to hear.

I used to work at JB HiFi in Belconnen so i know what its like!

One day, a mate and I were out talking to our car audio install guy (the install bay was in the car park), when we saw a group of 4 guys hanging aorund, we couldn't believe it when one of them jumped on the bonnet of a co-workers car!
We caught up with them and handed them to security (we had to, needed to keep our jobs ). They turned out to be the (now former) Westfield trolley collection guys!

My best mate (who also used to work at the same JB) has a mint black VT Calais. One of the few days he drove it to work, some tool jimmyed (spelling?) off the big 'Calais' badges on the rear doors with a screw driver. My mate almost cried when he saw the damage.

There must be something 'cool' about kicking in panels at the moment too : . I had to knock the front qtr panel back out on my mother-in-law's laser 2 weeks ago, It had a nice big muddy footprint on it.

Unfortunately, this is the damp patch of the gene pool. And they're everywhere, not just canberra.

Hope it gets fixed and sorted soon mate!

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
That’s fantastic!!! : I just moved to Canberra and I’m so protective about my car. But I’m not sure what’s worse...someone doing a good job and keying the whole car which needs a full re-spray or the small 10cm handbag scratch which Pi$$es you off even more because its not worth the insurance!!

I was sitting in my car when a fully sic WRX pulled up in the park next to me when the fat snobby female opened her door onto my car!!! She looked me in the eye and said nothing. Not even a stupid blonde giggle or sorry.
Have fun, I just got out of that hole after a six year stint. Taken at face value the can looks like a placid joint. In my time I had a run in with a moron from the local chapter of an OMCG on coulter drive, a fight in the carpark of belconnen pizza hut in the middle of the afternoon, another fight in the carpark of the jamison hotel when some tool debaged my car, yet another fight in the carpark of the convention centre after a concert when some fat jerk felt like punching my XR8, and then I could go on about the trouble at King O'Malleys and the taxi rank. I'm not the kind to go looking for trouble either.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #18
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Sorry about your car mate, i hate hearing stories like this. These people need to be strung up.
I had some @$$hole 'tag' me TE on the rear quarter panel 2 months ago, i was ropeable to say the least, its still not fixed (next weekend).
Sometimes its not worth having a nice car after something like this happens to you
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #19
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
You see this is where you wait till they leave their vehicle then break out the tyre iron and put a hole in each and every god damn panel.

Eye for an eye? Nah, more like arm or leg for an eye
Old 18-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #20
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Thanks for all your sympathy guys.

I was impressed with the security manager giving me a call the next day ( i thought i should at least report it). He said that particular carpark was the councils and not Westfields, therefore he had no video cameras to check.

I might give them a call back questioning them about the sign that is on the westfields wall that states "recommened parking for Coles late night customers" refering to that council carpark. Hmmmmm?

Quote for repair $1500..........and my excess to claim it on insurance.......$1500. I guess i win both ways.:
Old 18-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

these so called carparks need more cameras ,the damage to cars is getting way beyond a joke ,can we lobie governments etc to get this situation a little better,cause its making me quite angry