Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Default Ford Extended Warranty

This has been discussed in both the Territory and Focus forums without a definitive answer. Maybe somebody from Ford or a dealership can clarify.

Ford are not currently offering the genuine factory extended warranty. I followed this up with 13FORD a few weeks ago and was told that whilst existing extended warranty agreements will be honoured, but they are not writing any new ones at the moment.

I was advised that they are in the process of negotiating a new agreement with either the existing insurer or a new insurer, and to follow this up when I get near the end of my standard warranty.

Another Forum member has since been told that Ford have dropped the extended warranty entirely and will no longer offer it.

Does anybody who should know really know what is really happening?

Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

doesnt apply to used cars as i just picked up a G220 fairy and got 3yrs extra cover

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

my extended warranty on my car runs out next month. ill ask then because ill get a service just before it runs out to get any extra things fixed :
Old 17-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav
doesnt apply to used cars as i just picked up a G220 fairy and got 3yrs extra cover

yeah, you'll find that is a "dealer used car warranty" and is nothing like the ford extended warranty.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav
The genuine Ford extended warranty was a straight extension of the original new car warranty.

Your 3 year used car warranty is probably a BS insurance policy produced by Harrier or someone similar that isn't worth the paper its printed on.

It's not at all the same.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Your 3 year used car warranty is probably a BS insurance policy produced by Harrier or someone similar that isn't worth the paper its printed on.

It's not at all the same.
Damn...you beat me to it.
Old 17-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
cycle myth

mmm..

I don't know but I would guess at:

- adverse selection by the distribution point causing imbalances to profitability and volume

- identifying a credible and worthy underwriter thats willing to behave like a partner
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

They are still looking.....but they have not given up on it, No dealer bulletins so far announcing that they are not doing it anymore and believe me, Ford would inform the dealers of something this big.
Old 17-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
cycle myth

Do you think the dealers really care?

It seems that they are all keen to sell their own brand of warranty.

Soon their own brand of roadside, finance and parts.

Then once ford can't afford to exist on selling cars only the Dealers can sell their own brand of car... (or a badged great wall one).
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post