Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sunroof Installation Balls Up

Ok..No I didn't get it done but had the BA in a sunroof installer for the past 2 days wanting it done but to no avail.

So here the story goes.

Phoned the sunroof installer on Monday for quotes etc...Happy with quote plus they are local, so asked when he could do it. He said this Thursday and would need the car for 2 days. No problem, so I dropped the car off on the way to work on Thursday expecting to pick it up tonight all done.

Installer phoned me at 2pm this afternoon saying the car won't be ready till Monday night. Now I don't need or use the car during the week but need it on weekends for kids sport etc, plsu I'm going away for school hols next Monday and need the car... so I was a bit annoyed. I said to them if I knew from the start you'd need it over the weekend I wouldn't have booked the car in and waited till it was more convenient for me...Then he proceeds to get aggressive with me saying he's busy etc and can't do anything about it.

So I asked what stage it was at, since they had the car for a day and a half...His response " Mate we've just taken out the headlining this minute so only just started the job"....Seeing as though they hadn't cut the roof yet I just said leave it, put the headlining back up and I'll come and get the car in an hour or so and I'll get it done elsewhere.

When I went to collect the car he just handed me the keys , no explanation, no apology...so I was ****ed...especially since I was gonna part with over $2g of hard earned....Now if I had an apololgy forthcoming I would have "maybe" given him a second chance and put it down to overbooking...but this arrogance toward a paying customer doesn't fit with me, so they can find the nearest lake and jum[ in head first...Reminds me of the experince some of members here have had with Tempe Tyres in terms of customer satisfaction.

I'd love to name the crowd but won't unless the moderators approve. They aren't a site sponser by the way.

Cheers
Pete.

2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
MrEL
Sick Puppy

All too prevelent in todays society now days. You would think that with the lack of dollars in the current economy that people who had customers actually preparred to spend some money at their workshop would bend over backwards to keep the job.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL
All too prevelent in todays society now days. You would think that with the lack of dollars in the current economy that people who had customers actually preparred to spend some money at their workshop would bend over backwards to keep the job.
My thoughts exactly
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
HOEBAG
Banned

sorry to hear about it.
With that business plan they'll go bust soon
HOEBAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

mate if somebody gives dodgy service (ive had my share today, car is now half a different colour to the other half) you should name them, hell we name good places so why not bad!man i'm angry tonight!!! i would have gone off, had the car for two days didn't do anything to it, and didn't ring you untill 2 today.........
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #6
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Pathetic service mate.

It makes no business sense at all to annoy customers like that. The key is to deliver bad news (with a proposed solution) as soon as possible.

The fact that he actually gave you attitude considering the service (or lack thereof) you received beggars belief!!!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
mate if somebody gives dodgy service (ive had my share today, car is now half a different colour to the other half) you should name them, hell we name good places so why not bad!man i'm angry tonight!!! i would have gone off, had the car for two days didn't do anything to it, and didn't ring you untill 2 today.........

That same thing happened to my last BA after my ex had a prang and wiped out the RH side...Came back a different shade of blue....Had it redone under AAMI's lifetime repair warranty after "A LOT" of negotiating

Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #8
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

A lot of businesses today are totally rubbish in the way they are run and their total lack of professionalism. A massive portion of the motor industry is rife with it.

Here on the Gold Coast its real bad. I had 5 companies teed up to come quote my house for airconditioning and insulation, some of them reputable big companies like Cool or Cosy.
Of the 5 places organised, 1 actually turned up (not the aformentioned mob), the rest either didnt turn up with no notice at all, or 1 phoned with excuses right at the time of the meeting.
What gets me is we make sure we are there to meet them and arrange the day around it and the tradies dont turn up, and ring you to tell you right at the appointment time if at all. Its poor business, and a real reflection of how society is going down the tubes.
Here on the Coast if we encounter a business who is professional and prompt and actually turns up we are allmost in a state of shock.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
A lot of businesses today are totally rubbish in the way they are run and their total lack of professionalism. A massive portion of the motor industry is rife with it.

Here on the Gold Coast its real bad. I had 5 companies teed up to come quote my house for airconditioning and insulation, some of them reputable big companies like Cool or Cosy.
Of the 5 places organised, 1 actually turned up (not the aformentioned mob), the rest either didnt turn up with no notice at all, or 1 phoned with excuses right at the time of the meeting.
What gets me is we make sure we are there to meet them and arrange the day around it and the tradies dont turn up, and ring you to tell you right at the appointment time if at all. Its poor business, and a real reflection of how society is going down the tubes.
Here on the Coast if we encounter a business who is professional and prompt and actually turns up we are allmost in a state of shock.
I've always had that problem with tradies (no disrespect) although moreso with whitegoods deliveries...Take a day off work and still don't turn up.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #10
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

how did you go convincing the insurance to respray? (tried to pm you but it's full)
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
how did you go convincing the insurance to respray? (tried to pm you but it's full)

I got 2 other spray painting mobs to check and put it in writing plus went back to the AAMI assessment centre.....R&G Smash repairs at Kirrawee did the original work...as it happended they painted the optional boot wing which I optioned when I bought the car new from Ford 18 months prior..That also was a 2 shades out...seems the local Ford dealer use R&G for their factory accessories work which I thought was done at the factory... suffice it to say I insisted to AAMI that R&G did not do the rework...was redone to perfection by another mob...Mate if you're not happy take it back and insist it be redone

Old 12-07-2008, 01:06 AM   #12
xquizd
Da Boss

That is pathetic service & unfortunately seems to be happening more & more these days, by the way who was the roof installer with the attitude?

On the 6th day god created holden : On the 7th day he realised his mistake & created FORD
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #13
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizd
That is pathetic service & unfortunately seems to be happening more & more these days, by the way who was the roof installer with the attitude?

Webasto at Kirrawee NSW

Old 12-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #14
xquizd
Da Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Webasto at Kirrawee NSW
Looks like we can put them in the "Bad Eggs" basket with Tempe
Heres hoping that their work is better than their attitude! :

On the 6th day god created holden : On the 7th day he realised his mistake & created FORD
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get VERY VERY angry with business like this. I usually am a tame guy. would rather run than fight but when it comes to my money and lifestyle i get passionate, cheeky and angry.

A childcare centre owed me $1000 I said If i dont get the money im coming in with a umpires whistle at nap time. An hour later I came in with an air horn. SHOW ME THE MONEY I SAID!!.... So i let the air horn rip out the front door. The kids woke up and i left with her screaming and the cops paid me a visit. They changed management months later so i never saw my money.

So in conclusion man I would have been outstandingly furious with your dillema. I hate to think of what ideas would have been runing through my head if i was you.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #16
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Makes you wonder how people stay in bussiness.. I don't advertise but I do what I say and bend over to be on time for jobs and meetings.. And its not hard to call if I have unforeseen problems. Basic simple service.. and I am always busy.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #17
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've found it's always best to book it in on a Monday and if they say its going to take X days/hours to do, double it.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe

Mate, I work for one of the biggest suppliers for these guys on the coast,send me a pm, let us know who you've asked to quote it and I'll send ya back the names of a couple of "good guys". Theyre not all like what you've experienced, if they are too busy or dont really want work thats how they'll act.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Yeah there is simply no excuse for bad service. The owner must have too much money and doesnt care..
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
podderick
Starter Motor

as others have said its not good business sense,but naming the business can lead to trouble, as most car forums wont because court action can lead to big expenses for the forum owners:(
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #21
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Knowing how much you love that car mate and how particular you are about it I am glad to hear you didn't let those blokes cut up your roof.
For a rather large modification to your car they seem pretty nonchalant about it all, the last thing you want is someone who is about to cut into your car to be ****ed off at you about it when it's their fault.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #22
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

mate, take it as an omen....Don't get a Sunroof, best advice I can give.
Old 13-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #23
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
I've found it's always best to book it in on a Monday and if they say its going to take X days/hours to do, double it.
That may be the reality, but telling someone to bring it in on a certain day, car required for 2 days, then leave it sitting there untouched for a day and a half before telling the customer they won't have their car for another 3 days is not on. By late Thursday he would have known he was struggling, at which stage he could have handed the keys back and re-booked the job. Owner gets their car back and comes back another day with less inconvenience than having it sit in their workshop for 5 days for a 2 day job.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #24
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Panelbeaters are the worst for this.

Last time I put my car in for some work the job was supposed to take 5 days. By the 5th day the bastard hadn't even started the job. Fat, mongrel, bastard.

In the meantime I'm forking out money for a hire car.

It wasn't the first time it's happened. They drive me up the wall.

Why can't they just say "Look, we've been snowed under and we're running X days late. Can you bring it back in next week". It would save a huge amount of costs, aggravation and ill will.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #25
richa
handsomest man in showbiz

Wink Where's uncle.

Where's SOURBASTARD when you need him? he'd know what to do.

'72 GS
richa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #26
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

my XB went in for repair after a front ender. Bloke had it for 6 weeks and presented me with my car that was 2 different colours ! Anyway after a few more weeks of waiting I booked it back in and got it fixed. However I was faar from impressed by their lack of professionalism , especially as I told them that they where recommended to me and that if I was happy with the job would they mind me mentioning there name on this forum as a good repairer !. Well they sucked , so no good word for them !!
samsy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #27
adumb
FG G6ET

I agree about pannel beaters,

Took a month between my car getting hit until it went in. They said it would take 3 weeks, ended up taking about sick. Had the excuse they had 3 or so painters sick during the one week. Got it back, could not even get the front door trim on properly, polish still on the car, bad pannel alignment :

Add to the fact i saw the car numerous times sitting outside with no door on it!

So far I've managed to get one person to stay clear of them, so i guess im even
adumb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #28
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I had a problem with a national radiator mob. Booked my car in Saturday morning to get the radiator replaced. The *&^%ers weren't even open.
Old 13-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #29
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
I had a problem with a national radiator mob. Booked my car in Saturday morning to get the radiator replaced. The *&^%ers weren't even open.
hahahahaha sorry mate but thats gold!!!! Ya couldnt even ring em to abuse em lol

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #30
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
That is indeed funny, but ill bet you didnt see that side of it though.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post