Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #31
catchtonynow
Starter Motor

Default Re: Anyone know Tony Brdar car broker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixte7 View Post
I spent 4 hours today giving my stmt to the police, I hope everyone else is doing the same, the more that report him the better chance there is he'll go to jail.
By the look of things there are a lot of us in the same boat, maybe we should all look at getting together???
Over 11 others gave their statements many many months ago! Thats what Ive heard at the very minimum.. Apparently one person scammed for over $100k from our man on the run..
catchtonynow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #32
catchtonynow
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy36 View Post
HI Regarding Tony Brdar Vehicle finance providers there is a group of us getting traction with South Australia Consumer Affairs anyone needing help MUST contact Peter at SA Consumer affairs he's investigating him and his activities the more we get on board the more chance we have of getting this man put behind bars. Call Peter on 82268466 this is Urgent tell him your story.
Traction Chippy? Sorry to say but they were aware of this for a long long time and still sitting on their hands. Not sure when you were scammed but if it was within the last 3-4 months then sorry to say you are a result of a massive failure by certain people who have the capacity to do something but for some reason it was not serious enough.

I think the extent of the incompetence will be revealed on monday, needless to say its awful that many have suffered since it was clearly capable of being prevented.

Hopefully by consumer affairs revealing how pathetic the various authority responses have been this will give them a kick up the backside in future so as to prevent so many others from this criminal activity!

Great to see Peter for SA Consumer Affairs has done so much over the past 4/5/maybe 6 months or longer who knows. What we do know is CA SA became aware of this many months ago and did nothing and are still doing nothing aside from having lovely chit chat from time to time with people suffering! So helpful Consumer Affairs SA, keep up the great work at protecting the consumer from this sort of scumbag!! You have really shown Mr BRDAR and people like him not to mess with you guys in the future! You guys move at lightening speed, so fast in fact that we have still failed to see you act!
Old 19-02-2016, 11:00 PM   #33
catchtonynow
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
Pity we don't get Today Tonight in Melb anymore. I would love to see this.

Teflon Tony - Isn't that what they used to call Tony Mokbel?
Tempted, I hear two days after the airing this monday (i am led to believe) you can download it from their TT website..
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #34
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Am I correct that if in every post we type Tony Brdar it will put the site hugher in the google rankings? Currently on the second page but if I understand correctly, typing Tony Brdar in evey post will get it to the front page and make this report on Tony Brdar easier to find.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #35
Roman earl
Starter Motor

I have to check this out but a friend of mine text me saying Tony Brdar was arrested and will appear in court on Monday
Roman earl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #36
AUSMINI

Latest News:
Detectives from Sturt CIB today arrested a 44-year-old man from Firle for eighteen counts of deception.

Police will allege that the man obtained payment for cars and other items but failed to deliver the agreed goods and retained the victim’s money.
The man was refused police bail and will appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday.
AUSMINI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2016, 09:45 PM   #37
Roman earl
Starter Motor

I will be in the court on Monday to see the maggot and hopefully they arrest Sarah as well because she was a director of his scam company
5 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #38
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSMINI View Post
Latest News:
Detectives from Sturt CIB today arrested a 44-year-old man from Firle for eighteen counts of deception.

Police will allege that the man obtained payment for cars and other items but failed to deliver the agreed goods and retained the victim’s money.
The man was refused police bail and will appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday.
Glad he's caught. Now lets see if he has to pay restitution.
Old 20-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #39
Roman earl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Glad he's caught. Now lets see if he has to pay restitution.
He is a desperate broke,people have no chance of getting s cent from the scumbag
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2016, 11:01 PM   #40
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And day after day we see these type of scum like Tony Brdar walk out of courts with a slap on the wrist. They are rarely forced to repay and when they are they declare bankruptcy. Two months later they are at it again.
Old 21-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #41
marty351
Shenanigans..............

"Refused bail" is a good sign. Can't run away for now.
Criminal scum is a pleasant term to call him.
I sincerely hope for a positive outcome.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #42
ashfast1

HomePolice newsSA Police NewsSturt Local Service AreaFirle man charged with deception offences
Firle man charged with deception offences

20 Feb 2016 6:44pm

Detectives from Sturt CIB today arrested a 44-year-old man from Firle for 18 counts of deception.

Police will allege that between March and December 2015, the man obtained payment for cars and other items but failed to deliver the agreed goods and retained the victim’s money.

16/T74650

He going to go down and he will go Bankrupt and sadly people will lose there money he should be hanged.
ashfast1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #43
Roman earl
Starter Motor

Isn't it weird timing that 1 day after he was ambushed by Today Tonight the cops arrested the scumbag Brdar.
Now the interesting part is will they arrest his wife Sarah who was a part of the scamming from day 1in between having numerous babies
Old 21-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #44
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just saw the TT promo. Looks like he already smokes rollies so maybe get himself a pouch of White Ox. Think that is the preference in Yatala.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #45
Sioso
irregular member

I wonder if they'll ever find out who stole the vowel from his surname????
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #46
Roman earl
Starter Motor

I went to court today and asked if he was appearing in court 3 and it was confirmed he would be. I waited as long as i could but had to leave before he appeared which ****ed me off no end as i wanted to laugh in the scumbags face
Old 22-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #47
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as tempting as it is, don't laugh until he gets a reasonable punishment or sentence. if that occurs then go for your life
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #48
Roman earl
Starter Motor

Scumbag Brdar appeared today and was refused bail to appear again in May
Happy Easter Tony I hope you find an egg under your pillow once you get your face out of it

Last edited by Roman earl; 22-02-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
4 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #49
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe you could find where they live and go around every night about 10pm and ask politely if you can please have the money they owe you.If you are polite and don't make threats I don't think the police will be too worried about you.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #50
Saltyplum
Starter Motor

I financed a car for one of Tony Brdar's clients, four weeks later I get a call from my Finance Company saying we have a fraudulent deal ends up we financed a car belonging to a poor guy in Sydney try to sell his car on Car Sales. We paid the funds to the dealer whose Licence Tony Brdar was using who then passed the Funds to Tony Brdar Less $500. Cost our company $24,000 as we paid our Financier/Bank back and the customer is out of pocket $2,500 which gave to Tony Brdar as a deposit. This all started in September last year he kept say he would pay it back, I even spoke to his lying wife Christmas eve. Our financier wiped their hands of it as they got their money back. Lesson learned.
Saltyplum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #51
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Maybe you could find where they live and go around every night about 10pm and ask politely if you can please have the money they owe you.If you are polite and don't make threats I don't think the police will be too worried about you.
You could be charged with stalking, and trespass.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #52
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are worried about getting charged you can of course get some members of your local friendly bike riders group to drop around for a coffee and cake
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2016, 11:04 PM   #53
chippy36
Starter Motor

Just an up date with regards to Tony Brdar It's not only car finance that he scams I have also had calls from victims regard HOME LOANS he has also been saying he's a mortgage broker.
chippy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #54
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

The thing if he gets convicted, he'll do proberly less than 12 months or may be even community service, declare bankrupt pay no one back, because he has nothing, while every one he shafted will have to work their guts out again just to square themselves up then start saving again. Now that would suc, hope all his victims sit it court to put pressure on the magistrate to make an example of the p#%£k.
Good Luck with it all I really hope you get a real result and not a watered down sentence.
Being a knob shouldn't mitigate the punishment.
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #55
chippy36
Starter Motor

Quote:
So this link I posted earlier must be him???
Yes that's him, Any victim must Contact SA Police
Jonathon Burdett 08.82268610
Old 27-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #56
Roman earl
Starter Motor

Quote:
no that isnt him
Old 27-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #57
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy36 View Post
Yes that's him, Any victim must Contact SA Police
Jonathon Burdett 08.82268610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman earl View Post
no that isnt him
As much as I think the name Tony Brdar is unusual could I have confirmation (ie:proof) that it is, or isn't the same person.
Old 27-02-2016, 09:17 PM   #58
chippy36
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=chippy36;5598934]Yes that's him, Any victim must Contact SA Police
Jonathon Barba 08.82074857
Old 01-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #59
sanjay

googled his name just before to see if anyone had any further news about him.

i nearly got scammed by him in October 2015.

he advertised a really nice looking FG XR8 on gumtree and i went to have a look at it (was parked out the back of 17 oaklands road somerton park).

met tony and he was a real smooth talker. the car was advertised incredibly cheaply and he looked legit (was in the back of what looked like a small dealership) so i put a $1400 deposit down that day.

on the monday morning i rolled up to work and was speaking to a co-worker who said that he had bankrupted brdar in july 2015 at his previous firm!

this immediately set panic alarms in place. i emailed him straight away to ask for the VIN and other details for the car, which he sent through (as well as a completed contract for sale with the seal of "Sovereign Motors" - a suspended dealer!)

i put the VIN into the PPSR search and it showed that the car had a security interest on it from ESANDA.

knowing this and that he was a bankrupt i set myself on a mission to get my deposit back - he strung me along for nearly two weeks, and just when i was about to give up and go to the police, he actually turned up at reception in my office and gave me my $1400 back, in $100 notes!

he knew i was a lawyer from day one because i gave him my business card - when i found out he was a bankrupt i kept that to myself until it became obvious he was stringing me along and promising to give me a refund but repeatedly bailing on me at the last minute - this is the only reason why i figure he actually gave me my deposit back.

jonathan barber from SAPOL recently got in touch with me and i gave him a statement but since i got a refund, i was told my case wouldn't be proceeded with (fair enough given there are lots of other people who he did rip off).

im really sorry to hear about all those of you who also got scammed by him. the most heartbreaking part of the story to me was that i havent since found another FG XR8 in my price range :(
Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #60
Roman earl
Starter Motor

Here is Tony Brdar the car broker(NOT the home loan Tony Brdar) thief enjoying the Murray river a few years ago888239-the-brdars.jpg on peoples money that he robbed them for.

Last edited by Roman earl; 07-03-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add something