Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-05-2023, 03:40 PM   #31
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Expiation: worth fighting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
I once had a speeding fine waived after I applied for a review; I was probably caught for 108/109 on a 100 limit freeway and my licence had been clean for several years at least.

I know someone who got done for driving an unregistered car. He had not paid the renewal. The fine was over $1000.00, maybe $1300.00 or so (?).

He got the fine waived after asking for a review. He would have been driving for 40 years or so at the time of the offence and possibly had never had an infringement notice. Still, I was surprised that it got waived.
We use to have 2 AU Falcons, both white, an XR6 & SR. my XR6 was due for rego, unfortunately my Wife registered the wrong car, so we actually extended hers by 3 months.
Few weeks later I received a fine for unrigistrred/uninsured, sent a letter explaining the honest mistake, bad luck pay up.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2023, 03:46 PM   #32
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had an infringement waived for 60 in a 50 on a double demerits weekend. The cop was the one who suggested I try and get it waived as he could see my driving record was clean for over 10 years.

Of course, that was only true for NSW, he couldnt see the multiple infringements I had in VIC....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #33
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I had an infringement waived for 60 in a 50 on a double demerits weekend. The cop was the one who suggested I try and get it waived as he could see my driving record was clean for over 10 years.

Of course, that was only true for NSW, he couldnt see the multiple infringements I had in VIC....
Where did that happen? Nice cop.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2023, 04:09 PM   #34
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Standard practice in Vic is if you’re done for under 10kph over the posted speed limit, you write a letter admitting your indiscretion, as well as now realising the untold peril you were putting yourself and other road users in, as well as explaining how you’ve learnt from the error of your ways!… Always works!
Only proviso is only ONE letter per 3yrs..
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2023, 04:21 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post

Mine was all shouty with the 'I can book you for 161 or 135, but I'm gonna book you for the 161!'

Mint record as well, but you get that on the big jobs

They finally let me back on the roads yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Standard practice in Vic is if you’re done for under 10kph over the posted speed limit, you write a letter admitting your indiscretion, as well as now realising the untold peril you were putting yourself and other road users in, as well as explaining how you’ve learnt from the error of your ways!… Always works!
Only proviso is only ONE letter per 3yrs..
They say for under 10 over the limit but I wrote a letter for a bloke at work when I was an apprentice who couldn't read/write English and they still waved him for the fine for a 13 over the limit.

The proviso was he was supposed to buy me a slab of VB and he bought me nothing the ****ing dog.

Early lesson in my working career
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2023, 07:12 PM   #36
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Where did that happen? Nice cop.
Sydney.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post