Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
hodnic
Starter Motor

Default Facia removal

I have previously requested information on removing the facia. I realise that there are two screws located behind the ashtray face plate but i cant work out hoow exactly to remove that plate to get to the screws of the main facia. Somebody said that you have to remove the cup holders - can someone provide more specific info on how this is to be achieved. I would like to replace the stereo with a DVD/GPS unit and thats why im interested in the specifics of removing it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

hodnic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
TheColonel

I don't know if anyone here has replaced the factory unit yet... check out fordmondeo.org someone there will certainly know...
Old 12-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yep I've pulled it all apart...

Remove the triangle pieces in the facia near the HU, two torx screws behind.

Place hands inside cup holder a gently pull the edges upwards. This will separate the top trim from the actual cup holder.

Where this top trim piece has come up, slowly pop the trim up near the consol / handbrake then move forward towards the dash.

After this is totally unclipped, this will reveal 2 more torx screws near the flappy door / ashtray area. Undo these.

The stereo fascia will now remove. Be careful, all the buttons on the facia will come forward as well, all the buttons are still connected by their wires. Unclip the wires from behind.

The stereo is now held in by 4 torx screws, undo these and slide HU straight out.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
hodnic
Starter Motor

Thats excellent. I sort of got that far but just wasnt sure but given your confirmation ill spend some time on it tommorow - will advise on how i went with the new unit. Thanks again.
hodnic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
toddkaust
monday-oh

Post a photo of the new unit when its done - would love to see how it turns out.