Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
NZ
~~~

Thumbs up Fuel pump again

Number 3 pump has stopped working now.

#1 would occasionally not start. Last straw was when I was at Melb Airport. changed to a walbro
#2 the walbro started to 'not keep up' the car would suddenly lose all power and stall. Nearly got rear ended on the M1 during a lane change as I lost all power. Car would start, splutter and die, after 2 hrs would go again as normal. Last straw was when it stopped on the way to heathcote many will remember that. Changed to a stockie
#3 Same symptons as the 1st, will not start poor fuel tank got a few thumps didn't work I noticed thismorning it seemed a little noisey.

I might make up the tool to take the fuel pump retainer ring and keep a spare pump in the car so I can change it on the go lol.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
MrLandau

What price are you paying for your Walbro's and what part number/flow rate is it. I have been discussing the Walbro pumps with some suppliers in the states and it seems some people have been putting "returnless" style pumps in their cars which will cause early failure in our system.
Shane

Growing old is inevitable
:eclipsee_ Growing up is optional :eclipsee_
MrLandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn karl, least it died at home and not in melbourne again....
hope you can get it fixed once and for all this time
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
NZ
~~~

re,. the walbro, i think it must have been a replacement part it was a smidge smaller in size than the stock ones, 10mm shorter. It was in my ea when i got it and i kept it when i destroyed it. Can't remember the part number.

What do you mean by a returnless pump? the return is just a pipe back into the tank after the reg isnt it?

Old 04-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
MrLandau

The later Mustangs (modular) used a returnless fuel system (just pressurises the single line)- this is what the 342 255 l/hr pump was designed for.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #6
Sundeep
Banned

Must be all the dirty fuel up your way Karly :

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

sorry to hear this happened again. LEts hope your solution is the final fix.

Hey hey, we found the weakness of the V8, its fuel pumps. THen again, still cheaper then a head gasket.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
NZ
~~~

Maybe because I never put a new pump in the focker at the start.

I rang the wrecker thismorning asked if he had any, yep 80 bucks. The guy owed me money anyway so off on my way i went (after giving the pump a belt to make it start). Badluck my car stalled at the lights in traffic, but good luck a guy stopped and helped me push the car off the road. Bad luck this was after 6 sets of lights had cycled and traffic was very heavy. Good luck where we pushed the car was right outside bursons. badluck the new pump was 190. Good luck I changed the bugger on the side of the road. I think the pump wasn't getting up to pressure because the new one in the car runs a smidge better especially when revving

Hopefully it gets another 200k now :

Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #9
niko
likes falcon's

i know u got a gas guzler but shit, is it suking more than it can get pumped? :p
Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
MrLandau

Karl - I have some new 340 Walbro's (255l/hr for pre 93 Mustang) coming over with my next shipment. I will be selling them @ $160
Shane

Old 06-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #11
LTDHO
The one and only

Karl, seems like ya not having much luck with the pumps.
It the rest of the line good? Ie filter. If it's blocked it will cause engine splutter and the pump will have to try harder!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #12
NZ
~~~

SHane i'll give ya a call in 6 months thats how long my pumpsa seem to last lol.

Wayne I'm going to change the filter ina few days just tro be sure. I did try it one other time but couldnt for the life of me get it in and get the 2 ends of the lines to meet up properly with the filter. I ended up stripping the thread on one side of the filter. I cracked the shits when i seen I had done that threw the new filter against the garage wall as hard as I could and went inside. Fitted the old one the next day

Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
LUXO_8
windsor user

LMAO you bad tempered shit!

thats funny....sortof
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #14
EFFalcon
Last warning

shame u didnt make it yesterday.