Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-2024, 09:54 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default VALE - The Jaguar F-Type

It's no secret that I'm a Jag man, for whatever reason, I have always been drawn to them. For the most part, it's that distinctive long bonnet profile and the organic styling cues that does it for me............curves in all the right places. Not to mention the dynamic prowess that went from strength to strength after Ford set them free.

Jaguar got a new lease on life under the guidance of the late Geof Pollites, bringing the brilliant first-gen XF sedan (and wagon) to market and modernizing how people looked at Jags. Stylistically, this also marked the point where Jaguar started to look forward and not backwards for inspiration. The following XJ and XE sedans, and F-Pace and E-Pace that came later looked modern and stood on their own without the need for retro influence.

The coupe models on the other hand, the XK and later F-Type, kept those classic styling cues, namely the oval shaped grill opening and curved haunches above the rear wheels. For me, the F-Type is my holey grail, the styling ticking every single box there is, the early pre-facelift version in particular.

And that's before you get to what lay under that stunning long bonnet. F-Types could be had in 4-cyclinder and V6 guises, the lighter engines made them more agile. But let's be real here, the one you want is the orgasmic supercharged 5.0 V8. Available in both RWD and AWD on later cars, this was the classic big engine in a small car type of deal. And the noise! I know it's corny, but they really did give those cars a big-cat growl.

This video NEVER get's old........................

And so, its sad to discover that the last F-Type, and the very last internal combustion Jaguar sports car, has been built.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...d-for-a-museum

Were there faster sports cars, probably. Were there more dynamic sports cars, the 911 would say yes. Were there more reliable sports cars, absolutely. But none could do what an F-Type did, be that sitting still or when carving up a piece of road.

The last F-Type will be kept by Jaguar and held within the Jaguar-Daimler Heritage Trust.

The end of an era and yet another legend laid to rest in the face of being seen to be "green".
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post: