Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Positive or negative warranty experience at NW Sydney Ford dealers
Good Experience CUMBERLAND (Blacktown) 1 3.57%
Good Experience WINFORD (Windsor) 4 14.29%
Good Experience THOMSON (Parramatta) 2 7.14%
Good Experience HILLS (Hornsby) 1 3.57%
Good Experience SINCLAIR (Penrith) 8 28.57%
Good Experience POWER (Castle Hill) 6 21.43%
Bad Experience CUMBERLAND (Blacktown) 4 14.29%
Bad Experience WINFORD (Windsor) 0 0%
Bad Experience THOMSON (Parramatta) 3 10.71%
Bad Experience HILLS (Hornsby) 2 7.14%
Bad Experience SINCLAIR (Penrith) 0 0%
Bad Experience POWER (Castle Hill) 6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Warranty Service - dealers in NW Sydney

Got my FG from City Ford .... to far for service.

Have used Winford for service, but they are changing, and likely not to be dedicated Ford soon.

So I consider my custom is available to the best provider !

Which Do you use, are there arny you recommend against

Greg

EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Also have an interest in any that would not see a Typhoon CAI as voiding any warranty.

:-)
Old 23-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Winford has been great with servicing for me ... especially with warranty work as well.
Sinclair has been good as well ... no issues with them at all.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
EFDream
XRR83D

Won't be visiting Power or Cumberland again.......

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #5
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

Stay well away from Power Ford, they screwed me over with some ignition leads and did work on my car that I didn't authorise.
Use Winford or Sinclair no dramas whatsoever!
Old 24-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ive used Thompson Ford in Parramatta and havn't had a problem in the past 2 years. Took the car to get warranty fix and had no problems at all. Id recommend them
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting, so far 'Avoid POWER, go to Winford'

Made that decision 5 years ago myself
Old 29-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After nearly 4 years of bad service with Power ford I had had enough and purchased the 2 Rangers as Mazda's from west end mazda and every thign went very well, although that side of things has always been good at Power's, any how to cut a very long winded story short, Powers has a new service manager who from what I have experanced is trying hard to right many old wrongs, I feel he has a long up hill battel ahead of him but i will keep you posted they currently have my Territory in for some work done over warranty work I'll keep you posed on the out come.

In defece of Power they have adressed some of the problems very well most of the problems I currently have are as the result of a sub contracted panel shop.

As for Winfords, I had great service with them on my AU excellent service infact however they did the 3000k service on the Territory and the only reason I know some one sat in the car is because of greese on the floor mat, other than that none of the issues were adressed all got the famous no fault found tick on the service order and the washer fluid was empty as it was when it was when I droped it off.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I droped the territory off on Monday and Power's excelled them selfs, the service manager came for a drive with me, listend to my conserns accepted responcibility (thats a new experance for me from a ford dealer), he rang me on Wednesday to tell me he had inspected he car at the pannel shop and wasnt happy so it may be another day.

today he rang me again after his guys had fixed all the rattles, he then pice me up at the office for a test drive to make sure I was happy before he took it back to clean it all up and hand it over.

This is above any level of service i would expect but its nice to see for once they are taking notice of feed back its a shame I had to by 2 vehicles elseware to get them to take notice.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well because of the link to City Ford, Thomson in Parra got my business so far - It was worth an extended Warranty sale to them + the Warranty work they are doing :-)
Old 21-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about going to Dale ford, they have been sold recently and have a new service manager who looks like the kind of twit you see at the football smoking a pack of winnie reds, and drinking a case of VB.
The last two vehicles I had serviced there came back with damage on them, one where someone had reversed the car into a pole, and the other where someone with a towbar reversed into the front of it. Both times they denied responsibility and flat out said; "Nah, that's old damage, we didn't do it and there's no way I'm painting the bar". On the BA2, the whole front bar and radiator grille is moved and the bar hangs down low on the drivers side. Further inspection has also revealed that the mounts for the bar have snapped on drivers side. The number plate requires replacement and the whole thing besides needing painting requires the bar to be rehung as it is pushed back sufficiently for the lights to be extruding from it.

Long story short I have enlisted the services of a friend who is still practicing law, and will be today drafting papers to send to the dealer principal. It's funny in one way, they are prepared to let this go for the sake of $500 odd dollars, yet in the long term my family, business and friends equate to 29 vehicles that they regularly had serviced (and poorly at that - several jobs had to go back several times). I have also contacted for CRC to let them know of my complaint as well; I don't expect anything other than to register my disgust at this shabby organisation and the mouth breeding troglodyte service manager they employed.

Quote: