Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
THR347

Default Au Ecu?

Hi guys,

I'm about to guinea-pig my car for a shift kit but before i do does anyone know whether the AU ECU is a 60pin setup (like EBII-EL) or a 120 pin set-up like an EF, or is it completely different altogether? I thought i should ask before i do something stupid! :togo:

Cheers, Adz.

THR347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

120pin setup by why would u do that when they're is easily obtainable 20c resisters that will do the job? Is there something special about this shift kit?
Old 26-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
THR347

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
120pin setup by why would u do that when they're is easily obtainable 20c resisters that will do the job? Is there something special about this shift kit?
Thanks mate. There is nothing special about these shift kits that i know of, I think it's just so i get the right instructions for installation. Also to see if the shift kit is compatible with the AU ECU since they are made primarily for the e-series. Since i have very little electrical experience i thought it'd be best not to make one lol.
THR347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post