Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
skelly

Default Do AU's have a bad clutch?

Well about 4 weeks ago my clutch in my car was shot, couldnt go past 2,500 rpm in any gear without cluth comming on and just reving.

So 1 week and 700$ later i got a whole new clutch kit put it and it was like new, for a few weeks.

Then today while is was stopped at a give way intersection, i take of like normal and next thing i know i hear this grinding sound and then i couldnt accelerate properly.

I pulled over popped the bonnet but only knowing a little about cars mechanically i couldnt see the problem so i tried to just keep driving.

Anyway to cut a long story shot the same thing has heppened after just 3 weeks of getting a whole new clutch kit.

Now the question. Is this my fault or did the mechanics where i got it fixed didnt do a propper job of it? i mean this should fall under their problem still cause its only been under 3 weeks since it was fixed.

I dont know what is with it but i feel like paying them $700 for 3 weeks of driving aint worth it. I personally think they should fix this for free because its only under normal driving circumstances and i only just paid off the fee.

Any oppinions greatly appreciated

skelly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Definately not normal if they supplied the parts and did the job I would be taking it right back it is possible they did something wrong or the parts used are faulty. First stop is the repair shop new parts can fail due to manufacturing faults if that is the case your repairs should be free and the shop will charge the parts supplier for the repair cost.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
skelly

thanks alot, i thought it was just me that thought it was still their responcability
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
JK EX CHASER
Formally kotevski22

Is you firewall cracked were the clutch cable goes in near the booster,common problem.If the clutch is the problem they should fix for free.
JK EX CHASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post