Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #661
fitzy1980

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Eating properly, exercise and regular sleep patterns will make a significant difference.

Routine, routine, routine..

It's hard, everyday life gets in the way. But i can't stress the importance of some type of routine, especially when it comes to sleep.
fitzy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #662
Tui2
Coyote ugly

just to add to the routine bit, i feel i can't stress enough the importance of taking our meds at the same hour every day. personally it makes a huge difference in my tolerances
Old 12-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #663
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
huh! you will be a cranky old bast#*^ then when you get old seriously
l hope you find away to ease and rid the anger cause it consumed so much of my energy as i got older and just the other 3 school kids walked past as i was collecting my mail from box and giggled "why so serious " heath ledger's joker character's infamous line. so apparently idont even smile these days ()(
Lol I already am, I find if I'm not in control of something I easily snap. Nearly everything annoys me.

I know for certain I'm not going to feel in control until this debt thing I'm on is cleared.

Again minimal things is making me happy and only two people in this world put a smile on my face. People might think that's sad but for me it's making me deal with the days.
Old 13-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #664
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy1980 View Post
Eating properly, exercise and regular sleep patterns will make a significant difference.

Routine, routine, routine..

It's hard, everyday life gets in the way. But i can't stress the importance of some type of routine, especially when it comes to sleep.
I have to agree about the routine and sleep. Especially if you are really having a hard time doing this goes a long way.
I try and make sure I'm in bed by a certain time every night even on the weekends. Obviously if im out its a different story.
Any time I go to bed late or don't get enough sleep I do struggle and the anxiety seems to try and make an appearance
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #665
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Lol I already am, I find if I'm not in control of something I easily snap. Nearly everything annoys me.

I know for certain I'm not going to feel in control until this debt thing I'm on is cleared.

Again minimal things is making me happy and only two people in this world put a smile on my face. People might think that's sad but for me it's making me deal with the days.
oh man do i hear you. 1.rarity of things that make me happy in thought. 2. debt recovery (you should try that with my disorder, you do believe that you are wrong done by or that what you have visioned in your mind is fact) eg the other day i went to a friends place to return a post office parcel pickup note that i recall her handing to me standing in her lounge room, saying because it had a mutual friends name on it, who no longer lives with her, it must be something little from Global Shop Direct that she bought to send to him and i may as well keep it because she couldn't get in contact with him , fair enough i thought and 2 months later i did lol, obviously it returned to sender, so as i hand back the note she was in total denial of ever seeing it let alone giving it to me, so after the final 'agree to disagree' i left and went to a mates workshop to vent,, (no one to hear me yell and throw things and then call the police in response to the menally ill neighbour is going off again) he then walks out with note in hand in disbelief that after all this time i still didn't go and pick this parcell up for him. i rest my case your honour
Old 14-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #666
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy1980 View Post
3 dreams. I have the intention for all 3 but to no prevail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy1980
But i can't stress the importance of some type of routine, especially when it comes to sleep.
Great advice though.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2016, 11:35 AM   #667
Tui2
Coyote ugly

ah dreams..... the reality of it all
Old 28-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #668
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just wondering if it is somewhat 'normal' for people with depression to get thrown into a downward spiral by a small or trivial matter that gets blown out of proportion inside your own head?

I've only recently been diagnosed with depression and I'm currently seeing a shrink (only been to 3 sessions) and taking valdoxan. My thoughts and feelings had been improving for the last week or two, starting to get to feel like the 'old me', but one misinterpreted comment from my wife the other night threw me off kilter. I spent the night and following day stewing on it and thinking the worst of things.

I'm starting to realise now how much this 'mental health' thing sucks balls and i'm not looking forward to having to deal with it long term
Old 28-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #669
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
just wondering if it is somewhat 'normal' for people with depression to get thrown into a downward spiral by a small or trivial matter that gets blown out of proportion inside your own head?
Welcome to depression as stupid as that sounds.

Been in a funk the last two weeks nearly cause we had to move office and as such the expectation of what you need to look like to represent the company has weighed heavily on me that the sentence "you need to wear a long sleeve shirt" set me off on attack mode against everyone at work.

One because I don't have any long sleeve shirts (it's QLD FFS and I don't feel comfortable wearing as such in 35 degree weather)

Two because I can't afford to lash out and get new shirts

Three because I get looked at for wearing a short sleeve shirt that isn't tucked in

Four because I now feel like I don't fit in anymore and want to leave

So yes the most minute thing sets off paranoia and raises my defenses.
Old 28-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #670
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Quote:

I've only recently been diagnosed with depression and I'm currently seeing a shrink (only been to 3 sessions) and taking valdoxan. My thoughts and feelings had been improving for the last week or two, starting to get to feel like the 'old me', but one misinterpreted comment from my wife the other night threw me off kilter. I spent the night and following day stewing on it and thinking the worst of things.

I'm starting to realise now how much this 'mental health' thing sucks balls and i'm not looking forward to having to deal with it long term
Unfortunately this was a major part of it for me. One comment whether it was from family, a friend or someone on the internet I didn't know that wasn't even directed at me would set me off and could take days to get over. I don't really know how to fight it fully. Just have to try and work it out logically in your mind before you let emotion take control.
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #671
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel. View Post
Unfortunately this was a major part of it for me. One comment whether it was from family, a friend or someone on the internet I didn't know that wasn't even directed at me would set me off and could take days to get over. I don't really know how to fight it fully. Just have to try and work it out logically in your mind before you let emotion take control.
Yes most definitely. Its like your on edge and analysing everything people say to find a negative. You need to give yourself time as getting over this illness will take time and effort. You need to learn how to cope with situations such as this. Make sure you mention it to psychologist next time you see them
2 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #672
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys...
Old 28-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #673
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Very timely subject, been feeling ordinary for the last week, turned to the meds and woke up this morning feeling fantastic, singing in the shower, joking around with the kids, went shopping for a mate in hospital, drove into Adelaide to visit him, half way home and some ****en dog decided it was her place to sit in the right hand lane on the Northern Expressway doing 95 right next to another car.
I watched the bloke in front of me, behind her, giving hand gestures, she didnt bat an eye lid. He gave up after 15k's and pulled to the left lane, i took up the challenge and sat 12' off her rear bumper until the car next to her grabbed an exit ramp, i blasted up beside her as she finally decided the game was over as she couldnt occupy 2 lanes and hold 20 odd cars up anymore.
She tried to move over on me, i almost shoved my fist through the horn pad notifying her of my presence, she had the nerve to give me the bird as she pulled in behind, thats when some tumbleweed blew out onto the lane infront of me, its a little blowy in SA at the minute, i landed on the picks and her eyes were like saucers when she realised she had a split second to react.

Moral of the story, dont be an ignorant **** on the road, you never know who youre ******* with and how unstable they can become in a heart beat.

I hope she had a dash cam, i hope she knows someone in motor reg, i hope she brings someone to my door, i hope they have ambulance cover.

Talking about motor reg, theres a sign on the wall in the Elizabeth office that says something like, be curteous to those you meet as you dont know whats going on behind the scenes, never a truer sentence written.

Thats all it takes sometimes...back to the pill bottle, here we go again.

Last edited by BENT_8; 28-09-2016 at 05:17 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #674
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Bent8. .i hear you, tis why i avoid driving too far unless it's for a good cause and not to just go for a drive. also have dash cam front and rear facing, and an inside one recording my actions, and it's a good kick in the head when you go home and analyse your own actions.
Bluey, Joel, Rapid and all, i down loaded an Dialectical Behavioural Therapy app onto my phone and use this religiously now everytime anxiety kicks in, everytime i feel my emotions taking over and are now becoming more excepting of my emotions, instead of punishing myself for feeling or reacting the way i so abnormally do.
keep up the good one
Old 29-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #675
5wheelguy

I wasn't sure if I should post this - because I'm a little unsure about the speaker, Gregg Braden. This might be new age crap... Or another solution. I'm not sure. I don't fully support this guy - but it's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmMN...F548FBC419848F
Old 03-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #676
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Small update, still having bad thoughts rolling around my head a lot of the time. Trying to follow psychologists advice to ignore or at least not fall into the thoughts.

Another visit to the GP - stopped taking valdoxan, now taking lovan. Let's see how we go this time, pristiq was helping the headspace but killing the bedroom activities and slowly killing the marriage. Valdoxan didn't help much of anything for me... 3rd time the charm??..
Old 03-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #677
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Might aswell update my situation while were at it.

Wife arrived home soon after my melt down due to the ignorant mole i came upon Wednesday, gave me some info with regards to my 16yr old daughter which i didnt recieve too well in the heat of the moment, had a further melt down and my family fell apart.
She left with the 16yr old and my 18yr old Son leaving me with an 11yr old and 4yr old to care for.
Attempted to sit down over the weekend and work through it but it all broke down again last night and now she's gone.
My eldest came back home, he understands that i was not myself last week and is keen to help me through it and to help care for the younger 2.

I cant believe that Wednesday morning i felt better than ever and less than a week later my Wife and Daughter are gone and im on my own caring for 3 kids really.
I've made a pact with myself that i will succeed though, i wont let it beat me. The house is sparkling, the washing folded and put away, anything to keep my mind off the situation.

So thats where im at, the ripple effect for someone in my situation from something as trivial as an ignorant driver has destroyed my family.
I bet she moved on soon after the event.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #678
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Might aswell update my situation while were at it.

Wife arrived home soon after my melt down due to the ignorant mole i came upon Wednesday, gave me some info with regards to my 16yr old daughter which i didnt recieve too well in the heat of the moment, had a further melt down and my family fell apart.
She left with the 16yr old and my 18yr old Son leaving me with an 11yr old and 4yr old to care for.
Attempted to sit down over the weekend and work through it but it all broke down again last night and now she's gone.
My eldest came back home, he understands that i was not myself last week and is keen to help me through it and to help care for the younger 2.

I cant believe that Wednesday morning i felt better than ever and less than a week later my Wife and Daughter are gone and im on my own caring for 3 kids really.
I've made a pact with myself that i will succeed though, i wont let it beat me. The house is sparkling, the washing folded and put away, anything to keep my mind off the situation.

So thats where im at, the ripple effect for someone in my situation from something as trivial as an ignorant driver has destroyed my family.
I bet she moved on soon after the event.
Does she understand your situation thou ?
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #679
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Does she understand your situation thou ?
Yes, weve been together since she was 14 and i 15, some 25yrs this December, she knows me all too well and in there lies the problem, one melt down too many.

She's supported me through a lot but eventually even the strongest people wear down.

Now that i've calmed down, well as calm as a person in my current predicament can be, i'd love to sit down with that driver and let them see the result of their 5 minutes of playing cunstable traffic cop.
Not that i'd put a finger on her, just so she can see how something so trivial can have such a devastating effect on an unstable mind and the ripple effect on those around that fragile mind.

Alas they will never be, but my babies have lost their mother and that is a tragedy.

I believe in Karma though, so...

Last edited by BENT_8; 03-10-2016 at 09:00 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2016, 01:40 AM   #680
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well nearly 4wks on the meds. I am certainly not as angry as I usually am, but I have my moments. School holidays and today the kids just wearing me down, have been ****ed off all day. Got wedding in 4wks and our celebrant, my outfit and accom not paid for and not even sure how to. So that stress is getting me down. My partner has said I am way less moody, grumpy etc so that is a plus. Have weird dreams that feel real every night, lost most of my desire for bedroom antics (whic is an issue). Still gotta stop spending money without thinking on impulse but tablets won't fix that. So all in all mixed feelings about the tablets.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #681
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes, weve been together since she was 14 and i 15, some 25yrs this December, she knows me all too well and in there lies the problem, one melt down too many.

She's supported me through a lot but eventually even the strongest people wear down.

Now that i've calmed down, well as calm as a person in my current predicament can be, i'd love to sit down with that driver and let them see the result of their 5 minutes of playing cunstable traffic cop.
Not that i'd put a finger on her, just so she can see how something so trivial can have such a devastating effect on an unstable mind and the ripple effect on those around that fragile mind.

Alas they will never be, but my babies have lost their mother and that is a tragedy.

You need to now focus on yourself and getting better and also focusing on your kids. That should be you only focus and you'll find things will fall into place over time. it won't happen straight away
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #682
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
Well nearly 4wks on the meds. I am certainly not as angry as I usually am, but I have my moments. School holidays and today the kids just wearing me down, have been ****ed off all day. Got wedding in 4wks and our celebrant, my outfit and accom not paid for and not even sure how to. So that stress is getting me down. My partner has said I am way less moody, grumpy etc so that is a plus. Have weird dreams that feel real every night, lost most of my desire for bedroom antics (whic is an issue). Still gotta stop spending money without thinking on impulse but tablets won't fix that. So all in all mixed feelings about the tablets.
4 weeks is still pretty early but they also might need tweeking. Might need to up the dosage a little or something like that. make sure you go back to see your doctor about it.
With all the things for your wedding try and prioritise things, maybe even write them down so you can see them rather than thinking about them. Maybe share your concerns with your partner.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #683
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Yeah got an appointment in 3wks. I am not sure I want to up my dosage. See what dr says when I see him.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #684
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I don't profess to understand your thoughts but you need to realise that your current situation has nothing to do with the driver sitting in the fast lane.

I hope you get through it mate, but don't blame the driver of another car, it could just as well have been a case of too much ice in your maccas coke, or someone giving you the wrong change when you bought the news paper.

Take care, just try not to blame trigger for the over reaction...if that makes sense.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #685
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't profess to understand your thoughts but you need to realise that your current situation has nothing to do with the driver sitting in the fast lane.

I hope you get through it mate, but don't blame the driver of another car, it could just as well have been a case of too much ice in your maccas coke, or someone giving you the wrong change when you bought the news paper.

Take care, just try not to blame trigger for the over reaction...if that makes sense.

i do profess to understand your thoughts Bent 8, this is why i cannot agree more with stefan concerning TRIGGERS only we can, at the least, avoid certain triggers ( i say this because ignoring certain triggers, myself, has proven a hopeless task, therefore my experience can only suggest to list the triggers you are able to Avoid for now, and the ones that are a priority to get through at this moment in your life when so much burden is upon you, apply temporary remedies such as... allowing heaps of time to prepare for the days tasks as to leave yourself space to breath again, calm the air for those involved and ease into it. earplugs work wonders for me in public situations like paying bills. very early or late night food shopping.. an hour before Coles closes suits me to a tee on Tuesdays. but in the bathroom .. loud music and sing like i actually can sing, (sorry all who do hear me) is the only thing i can safely let all my emotions out on at once. nothing wrong with a good cry and belly laugh to follow.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #686
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:

sorry i typed what i wanted to say to you in stefan's post prior to this, but wanted to add a ' YES ' to letting ignorance know of how trivial matters are NOT so trivial to an ill mind and to hold contempt or judgement towards what seems like just a D#@khead going off, instead try to underdtand the what, and allow a bit of space and time for such an incident to be rectified by the Over reactor, which does come in time with the right meds to help us get there and help from those who can, unfortunately my 'now' exwife, 20yo son, 30yo step daughters, 60yo sisters and long time family GP could not, but many a stranger have thankfully
keep up the good one
Old 04-10-2016, 05:45 PM   #687
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Small update, still having bad thoughts rolling around my head a lot of the time. Trying to follow psychologists advice to ignore or at least not fall into the thoughts.

Another visit to the GP - stopped taking valdoxan, now taking lovan. Let's see how we go this time, pristiq was helping the headspace but killing the bedroom activities and slowly killing the marriage. Valdoxan didn't help much of anything for me... 3rd time the charm??..

hope you get mate, it took alot for my psychiatrist to get me close enough for now
try The Dialectical Behavioural Therapy app for your phone, nothing like only you making the suggestions and WRITE IT DOWN , either here or to yourself is the best advice to date in my eyes
good fighting
Old 04-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #688
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Thanks for the feedback, i understand what your saying, but i can honestly say none of those things like ice in my coke or the wrong change would trigger it as they are simple mistakes, the woman in that car wasnt making a simple mistake, she was diliberately holding up a stream of traffic for no reason other than to do so, which is why when the vehicle in the left lane turned off she finally decided the game was up and she might aswell move over.
She had the option either slow and fall in behind the vehicle in the left lane or speed up and move infront but for 15 k's she did niether and continued to look inn her rear view mirror.
Its not like she would have had to slow or speed up more than a k or 2 to do either, she even adjusted her speed to suit the turning radius of the bends in the road to maintain the road block and when she pulled in behind me and we eventually got back up to speed she kept up at 112k's without any issue, she knew full well what she was doing.
This is what triggered my reaction, some vigilante hell bent on policing the roads without the accompanying badge and authority.
If i was flying up doing 130k's i could understand, but all i wanted to do was the speed limit as posted along with the dozen or so behind me.

Look at the mobile phone thread recently and Revolvers antics, riding around making a point of bringing phone users to task when he was breaking the law by lane splitting over 30k's whilst taking his eyes off the road and hand off the controls, how is his conduct any different to those on the phone, both are illegal and dangerous, yet in his mind he's justified.
Another occasion where someone plays cop without the appropriate qualifications to back it up.

I certainly do blame her, she could have moved over and minded her own business but she chose not to.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #689
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, i understand what your saying, but i can honestly say none of those things like ice in my coke or the wrong change would trigger it as they are simple mistakes, the woman in that car wasnt making a simple mistake, she was diliberately holding up a stream of traffic for no reason other than to do so, which is why when the vehicle in the left lane turned off she finally decided the game was up and she might aswell move over.
She had the option either slow and fall in behind the vehicle in the left lane or speed up and move infront but for 15 k's she did niether and continued to look inn her rear view mirror.
Its not like she would have had to slow or speed up more than a k or 2 to do either, she even adjusted her speed to suit the turning radius of the bends in the road to maintain the road block and when she pulled in behind me and we eventually got back up to speed she kept up at 112k's without any issue, she knew full well what she was doing.
This is what triggered my reaction, some vigilante hell bent on policing the roads without the accompanying badge and authority.
If i was flying up doing 130k's i could understand, but all i wanted to do was the speed limit as posted along with the dozen or so behind me.

Look at the mobile phone thread recently and Revolvers antics, riding around making a point of bringing phone users to task when he was breaking the law by lane splitting over 30k's whilst taking his eyes off the road and hand off the controls, how is his conduct any different to those on the phone, both are illegal and dangerous, yet in his mind he's justified.
Another occasion where someone plays cop without the appropriate qualifications to back it up.

I certainly do blame her, she could have moved over and minded her own business but she chose not to.
and easy as that you now have me fuming and gritting my teeth as i visage her eyes in the mirror, well easy to council harder to heed, I'm off on a midnight run up the freeway ..catch yas i jest but know this type and beware because they do not know we lurke behind them or they us as they sit in your blind spot at 120kph for kms on end until i change lanes and react badly to them riding the horn in abuse not a gentle warning beep! s*#t who am i to give advice, NEXT!
Old 06-10-2016, 05:34 AM   #690
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Sooooo had another **** day. I got ****ed off at my mrs as I am being told too bad in regards to our wedding cake. I hate that thick icing and wanted a butter style, but her mum said she will only do the thick stuff because the flowers she made won't stick. So it then occurred to me that either I was left out entirely from the design or her mum decided the design and too bad. So I was fuming. I am also getting extremely frustrated at having gone from a high sex drive to not even giving a **** about it. I tried looking at videos and felt sick which has never happened. I have absolutely no libido and it is frustrating the hell out of me. I am not sleeping or I end up sleeping till 10am and am tired all day. I hope it gets better because this sux and supposedly lexam is one of the better ones. The whole issue is frustrating me so much, it is nearly 2am and I am contemplating a drive. I feel like punching a wall or smoking (quit 11yrs ago).
3 users like this post: