Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Sold

Out the door for 14k

Now i have a week and one day untill i pick up my new Candy white Polo GTI

I can say that the Fiesta has been an extremely good little car. Always reliable, never any problems.

Stylish and comfortable too. ohh and the handling gime some twists !

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mitch good to see you sold your car. Hopefully you new GTI brings you many joys like your Fiesta did. Hopefully you will still attend the Sydney Eurofordclub cruises. Safe driving too

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

koolies mitch...thats pretty good for an LX...cant wait to see your new car.....may i enquire to as who you sold it to......male or female..???? young or old. enthusiest or non.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Young gentleman. bout 27yrs old.

He rides a motorbike. The Fiesta is for his wife. He loved all the extra bits ie foglights, front lip, tint, alloy wheels, lowered, colour coded etc etc.

The car is in beautiful condition and only has 29,1XX kms on it. His wife only wanted red or black.

In regards to price. If you look on carsales most LX fiestas are late 04 with 30+ thousand kms. Bog standard for 14thousand dollars up.

Mine in comparison is great value. Also has brand new rego and greenslip CTP.

I will be more than happy to attend Euroford cruises, as long as i am welcome.
Im sure the Polo GTI will be a lovely car, i loved every minute of my test drive.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 06-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A new avatar for you real soon, ay?

That's cool man. Is the delivery date on the Polo GTi final? or can it be postponed like the delivery dates of some Fiesta Zetecs.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

In the contract i negotiated with the salesman at barloworld VW that i could take delivery of the car from the 2nd of november onwards until the 15th of november.

I will be picking it up on the 14th. The car only just arrived off the boat very very late thursday afternoon. they said they would just put it into storage until pre delivery clean and stuff

Loads of fun :
Old 06-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
In the contract i negotiated with the salesman at barloworld VW that i could take delivery of the car from the 2nd of november onwards until the 15th of november.

I will be picking it up on the 14th. The car only just arrived off the boat very very late thursday afternoon. they said they would just put it into storage until pre delivery clean and stuff
just mising out on this weeks cruze.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Congrats Mitch! Good to see the Fiesta finally went to that nice couple. Good also that you might still spot it around the place! Well, lucky she flagged you down then, isn't it?

Good luck with the Polo GTI! Great cars for the money. Hope it brings as much joy as the Fiesta did.

Cheers,

Steve

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #9
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats on the Polo- they were one of the cars I'd shortlisted. You'll have to post pics (but maybe not on here..... or make sure there's a Fiesta in the background! ;) )
Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #10
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Sold

Thanks for the comments guys.

Teki ! the buyer wasnt actually that girl who flagged me down when i was driving around. She was taking soooo long to get finance. She even organised to take the car to a mechanic, i already knew what the result of that would be, perfect.

Anyway i was waiting and waiting for her to get this finance, then on the 4th of november (saturday) i got a call when i was at work. Young guy introduced himself and asked if i had sold the car. I said no not yet. He informed me that he lived in the same suburb as me !!!!!

I said i would be over straight after work. I went over to his place and showed him and his wife the car and they loved it and offered me the sale on the spot.

As a courtesy for the young girl who was supposed to buy it i gave her until monday 12pm (and i informed her of this deadline) i didnt hear from her until after i tried to call her at about 1pm.....

So i rung up this young guy and his wife and offered them the car, faxed through all my car details/rego paper to the finance company and it got approved, now we are waiting for the cheque which will apparently arrive in an express post bag tomorow (wednesday)

Loads of fun :
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #11
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Sweet dude....no possibility of going to the Dealer and Going OIII i want my polo lol. so you can show us on the Weekend??

Old 07-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Sweet dude....no possibility of going to the Dealer and Going OIII i want my polo lol. so you can show us on the Weekend??
Trying to organise free time for mitch is a mission, we would have to plan a meet around him. : :eclipsee_
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Sorry haha weekend is full with work during day and night and play time in town after work at night

My father is lending me 4g for the polo. I have the rest ready to go from Savings/money from Fiesta sale.

My dad is on holidays until the 13th. So i have to wait until the 14th for him to get back.

Loads of fun :
Old 07-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Sold- Piccies

Well today i prepared for the cars hand over which is happening tommorow (cheque still hasnt arrived, should be here tomorow, cant count on express postage !)

I was in a nice mood, so i filled the car up with 98 caltex Vortex. Washed it, waxed it, cleaned the whole interior including seats and made sure i left nothing of mine in there.

Here is how the car looks on its last day with me had my last drive of it last night home from work.

Drove it like a granny as i do 90% of the time, and i almost cried :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side1.jpg (54.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg frontside1.jpg (52.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Arse1.JPG (35.3 KB, 52 views)

Loads of fun :
Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #15
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Drove it like a granny as i do 90% of the time, and i almost cried :P
lol.

That's cool how u have the "FIESTA" on that part of the boot.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #16
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
lol.

That's cool how u have the "FIESTA" on that part of the boot.
I would like to take credit for that.......
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #17
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

i know this may have been said before , what made u pick a GTI ??

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieMK6
i know this may have been said before , what made u pick a GTI ??

Nah i dont think thats really been covered yet

XR5 is too big for my garage. Seriously... fiesta BARELY fits.
Plus, the xr5 seems a bit fuddy duddy to me. Although im sure its a fantastic car.

Pug GTI 180 is OLD now, being replaced. Great car, good driving experience but Apparently lots of niggly little electronics problems, aircon stops working, cd player stops working, also a mate of mine has a GTI (non 180) and hes having serious gearbox problems aswell as the cd player problems.

Clio Cup, OLD car, even though it still impresses on the road. They are plagued with problems.

Swift Sport... well after seeing this at the motorshow im glad i didnt wait for it. It just felt cheap, interior didnt impress me at all. WHAT on earth were they thinking with those cheap red fishnet seats?
Although i have to say i like the little twin exhausts and the front bumper.

Ralliart Colt. Great seats but i would HATE to sit in them every day, in and out, in and out like i have to be with my job when im on the road.
It also looks like a half painted tissue box on steroids (unpainted guards)
The interior is also Uber cheap.

The Polo GTI in candy white looks unreal, it doesnt have to rely on ridiculous styling (ala try hard colt) its a classy little euro hatch. With a nice, well known engine with bucket loads of torque and a nice slab of power.
On the road it was very composed and felt very secure. Nice heavy doors, very nice leather seats. Nice dials (sorta bluey purple colour )

For me, it was the only logical choice.

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 02:18 AM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh ok I see Mitch. Well, lucky that spontaneous purchaser came up at the end!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new beauty. Would have to agree with everything you've mentioned about the other Hot Hatches (including mine).

The Polo GTI really is good value, and can be by using such a proven engine and transmission. Good luck with it, and I'm sure we will catch up soon ;)

So, Pacific highway next weekend then mate? :P I have some new front tyres, so I'm ready to 'bed' them in :eclipsee_

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Nah i dont think thats really been covered yet

XR5 is too big for my garage. Seriously... fiesta BARELY fits.
Plus, the xr5 seems a bit fuddy duddy to me. Although im sure its a fantastic car.

Pug GTI 180 is OLD now, being replaced. Great car, good driving experience but Apparently lots of niggly little electronics problems, aircon stops working, cd player stops working, also a mate of mine has a GTI (non 180) and hes having serious gearbox problems aswell as the cd player problems.

Clio Cup, OLD car, even though it still impresses on the road. They are plagued with problems.

Swift Sport... well after seeing this at the motorshow im glad i didnt wait for it. It just felt cheap, interior didnt impress me at all. WHAT on earth were they thinking with those cheap red fishnet seats?
Although i have to say i like the little twin exhausts and the front bumper.

Ralliart Colt. Great seats but i would HATE to sit in them every day, in and out, in and out like i have to be with my job when im on the road.
It also looks like a half painted tissue box on steroids (unpainted guards)
The interior is also Uber cheap.

The Polo GTI in candy white looks unreal, it doesnt have to rely on ridiculous styling (ala try hard colt) its a classy little euro hatch. With a nice, well known engine with bucket loads of torque and a nice slab of power.
On the road it was very composed and felt very secure. Nice heavy doors, very nice leather seats. Nice dials (sorta bluey purple colour )

For me, it was the only logical choice.
i saw a White Polo GTI today on my way to the station....it was UNREAL and absoultely sexual.......looked really nice mitch....congrats on the purchase once a gain..

Old 08-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Thanks Photn, they are a classy looking little car lets hope its trouble free. None of the guys on VW forum are complaining about them seems to be all good !

Ohh teki, new tyres already, you are a little maniac
I remember on the entrance cruise how u took me for a spin and you got REALLY upset because through all the round abouts there were always slow people infront of us haha. I really enjoyed driving your car, omg.. i found the BRAKES to be especially impressive.

In regards to old pacific highway. Im actually going to take the Berowra exit on my way back from sydney when i pick the car up, take it easy through some nice bends, gentle braking, cornering and a little bit of load on the engine. Get the car to start wearing in.

Its going to be a difficult wait...

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Deal was finalised today. We went to the RTA and did the change over. then to the bank with the cheque from their finance company.

I no longer own the fiesta :( and its no longer in my garage :( *tear*

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #23
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

You must be balling your eyes out. Well it will only get better now. Welcome Polo GTI. Hope to see it soon. snif snif do i smell a Clio Vs Polo run?? only joking...

All the best dude.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

haha im not really one to do the whole A vs B thing.

Racings not my thing.

I like to have the occasional sprint through some corners. and maybe a very occasional traffic light squirt. but nothing extreme. and nothing thats gona get me/other people or any property damaged.

Time and place for everything

Loads of fun :
Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #25
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
haha im not really one to do the whole A vs B thing.

Racings not my thing.

I like to have the occasional sprint through some corners. and maybe a very occasional traffic light squirt. but nothing extreme. and nothing thats gona get me/other people or any property damaged.

Time and place for everything
the DRAGS LOL>...ohhhh what about an HILLCLIMB!

Old 08-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

HILLCLIMB is what these cars are around. Straight line speed... I'd have a VS SS Commodore worked (or Falcon) if I wanted that.

Yes Mitch, I got new tyres (kept the old ones which still have tread for the track :P)

Cool... I did the Pacific Run with a mate who has a Jap Sprinter (His aussie, would you believe it?! It's full Jap with the white and black two tone paint, and black rims), and to be honest... you hardly need the brakes going down the Pacific Highway. I just let the car roll...

Coming up the hill is more fun :P

But yes, be civilised and remember, don't speed. The only thing you must do is exceed the 'suggested' speed limit for certain corners, as doing the suggested 30km/h around a bend in the Polo GTI would be pure insult to the car!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #27
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

LoL i realise they are suggested speed limits.

I will be having my fun, but legally

Knowing my luck ill get stuck behind a Tarago full of tourists and they will some how think that me flashing my lights and beeping the horn at them is a sign of me being friendly.

Loads of fun :
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #28
frankh
Starter Motor

WOW SPRINTER!! is it the trueno variety the AE86?? thats so cool. as you can probably guess yes i am an asian!! so its THE cult car omg u got pics??

Cheers
frankh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:43 AM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankh
WOW SPRINTER!! is it the trueno variety the AE86?? thats so cool. as you can probably guess yes i am an asian!! so its THE cult car omg u got pics??

Cheers
Yep! Sure is!

Will hunt down some pics.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #30
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Yep! Sure is!

Will hunt down some pics.
There ya go!

http://web.mac.com/simonnreynolds/iW...s/DSC00598.jpg

http://web.mac.com/simonnreynolds/iW...s/DSC00594.jpg

http://web.mac.com/simonnreynolds/iW...s/DSC00592.jpg