Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Pid
Starter Motor

Default Mountune Appeal

Hi all.

I'm new to the Forum, I have a WS Fiesta Zetec 5 door in the lovely phlegm like colour they call squeeze. As FPV have forgotten or ignored those of us with small Fords I'm trying to get Ford Australia to follow in Ford UK's footsteps and offer dealer fitted Mountune kits that do not void the warranty.
If anyone would be interested please check out www.mountuneperformance.com or email their Technical Director David Moore - david.moore@mountune.com - to express interest and David will be putting a proposal to Ford Australia with our emails attached.

Just in case anyone is wondering I have no financial interest in either Mountune or Ford, I'm just an owner who wants a 140PS kit for my car.

Thanks
Stu

Pid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pid
Hi all.

I'm new to the Forum, I have a WS Fiesta Zetec 5 door in the lovely phlegm like colour they call squeeze. As FPV have forgotten or ignored those of us with small Fords I'm trying to get Ford Australia to follow in Ford UK's footsteps and offer dealer fitted Mountune kits that do not void the warranty.
If anyone would be interested please check out www.mountuneperformance.com or email their Technical Director David Moore - david.moore@mountune.com - to express interest and David will be putting a proposal to Ford Australia with our emails attached.

Just in case anyone is wondering I have no financial interest in either Mountune or Ford, I'm just an owner who wants a 140PS kit for my car.

Thanks
Stu

Awesome!!! Comeone everyone lets all get on to the band wagon and make a request for Ford Australia to offer this here!!! My wife's been complaining recently about the lack of power the Fiesta WS has. So would be a great if its offered here!!! :
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

noble cause, but i think if Ford took that long to even bring out the ST/XR4, there'll be slim pikkins with regards to the Mountune package for the WS.
Its great that you've got the guy from Mountune on board though. Power to the people!!!
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Fi.ES.TA

Not at the price mountune would sell it at.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
Surditas
Starter Motor

Why not buy direct from Mountune?
Surditas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Pid
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surditas
Why not buy direct from Mountune?
Because then my warranty would be void on a car with 2000km on the clock. If we can get Ford to come to the party for small cars like they do the big FPV's then we can have our cake and eat it too. Well, that's my dream for those of us who love a hot hatch anyways.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XR/ST will be here by 2011. For that reason I highly doubt Ford Australia will offer this. Then again they offer aftermarket mags now, so they may see an oppurtunity. Here goes!
Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
Pid
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
The XR/ST will be here by 2011. For that reason I highly doubt Ford Australia will offer this. Then again they offer aftermarket mags now, so they may see an oppurtunity. Here goes!
I read somewhere that Ford will not be doing a XR/ST version of the WS... or is that like there wasn't going to be the Focus RS that was recently released?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Business case has been given approval. The customer surveys in Europe simply demanded a new Fiesta ST. No more 2.0L, expect an Ecoboost. Engine details still sketchy, but the smaller the engine the lower the tax bracket the UK, so a 1.4L Ecoboost turbo to take on VW. Will arrive with the Fiesta facelift. Ford Australia no doubt will bring it over, but if not Europe will have it!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Tax brackets in the UK are based on Carbon emissions not engine size. Ive heard rumors of a turbo version of the 1.6
Old 05-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #11
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Business case has been given approval. The customer surveys in Europe simply demanded a new Fiesta ST... Ford Australia no doubt will bring it over, but if not Europe will have it!!!
I'll believe that when I see it...

In saying that though, was a couple of years ago that we were starting to assume that the WQ XR4 would never come over but Ford surprised us there.

As for the Mountune upgrades, they are very over-priced for what they are imo even when considering the warranty protection. In the UK, they only really begin to make sense for secondhand buyers as you can pick up a car that has already gone down a couple of grand from new and can spend the money saved on the upgrades.

In Perth you can get your XR4 modified through Dean at McInerney Ford (was at Seaview Ford previously) and warranty will still be honored. They can supply and fit the full range of GGR upgrades (take it up to 175hp).

The other issue is it only brings it to below what the XR4 is stock!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Tax brackets in the UK are based on Carbon emissions not engine size. Ive heard rumors of a turbo version of the 1.6
My bad, I ment to say insurance bracket. The old ST was quite high because it had a 2.0L when most small cars and well under that size. Plan is to move to a high tech 1.4L in place of the current 1.6L within the next few years. Hence why the old 1.4 was just carried over, a new one is in development.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'm hoping we see more plans for a WS XR4, I would much rather that than a tuned Zetec. I couldn't go backwards in power now. Ideally I can walk into one of those circumstances permitting.

(It helps keep the temptation of another Alfa Romeo away...)
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
crispymk2

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/226...-2012-at-best/

Quote:
“We may have a better opportunity to make the ST later on in the car’s life, when Ford’s direct-injection petrol engines are ready and the range would benefit more from the extra interest surrounding such a car. But not until 2012 at the earliest.”

UK website Autocar reports that the Ford Fiesta ST (sold locally as the Fiesta XR4) has been shelved indefinitely. This could very well mean that the little hot-hatch may never see the light of day.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

That was the last quote I'd seen on it. The MiTo looks tempting again...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #16
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

id be in for some mountune madness
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys an ST replacement is in the pipeline. When they first showed the New Fiesta I too believed the banter. But work has begun, Fords range of Ecoboost engines will soon find their way into the Fiesta, probably around 2011 intime for the facelift. Ford burnt their hand with the last ST Fiesta as they upgraded it with the WQ model within a year. They will launch mid life cycle time. I can assure you, it's coming. Ford can't afford not to as their opposition has equivlent models that sell very well, the ST sold well and really helped the Fiesta open to a new audience, all while putting behind previous dull models (90's). Can not wait.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm interested in this too, I have a WS Fiesta.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #19
Pid
Starter Motor

I seriously considered the MiTo as well but paying more money for inferior chassis dynamics just doesn't sit well with me. Love the looks and the interior but on road the Fiesta is the better machine.

Thanks to those that have emailed Mountune, really appreciate the help.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Have they been replying to your emails? They didn't with mine. I wanted to know if they ship to Australia (wheels).
Old 10-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #21
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
That was the last quote I'd seen on it. The MiTo looks tempting again...
I looked at a Mito on the weekend. They looked good in the magazines, but real life? FUGLY! Interior looked pretty low rent as well.
Took a mini cooper for a spin & loved it, but the mrs wants something bigger.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Yes - the core power upgrades we can't yet as they need to be administered
through Ford dealers.

Everything else, like wheels, cat-back exhausts, mats, etc. we can.

Best regards,

David Moore

Technical Co-ordinator

Mountune Performance
Tel : +44 (0)1277 226666
Excellent!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'm a sucker for Alfas, so that tends to give my glasses a slight rosy hue. I'm a little disappointed there's nothing like the 147 GTA new, that V6 does strange things to a man, and I only had the 2.5L version in my old GTV6.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I wanted to like it, but couldn't bring myself to take it for a drive. Maybe a red Mito sport with bigger wheels instead of a silver standard one would look better.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #25
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

The sport interior is nicer but still a little lacking for my taste. Fingers crossed for a GTA version here. One of my old Mitsu bosses works at my local Alfa dealer now so I'll get the heads up.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #26
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

There's a GTA on the international site.
As for the interior, the seat seems to be half way down the car. The windscreen is a mile away.
Anyway, this thread is about mountune. Do you want to start a "What small Hatchback" thread, or should I?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #27
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A while ago i sent some emails off to Ford and Mountune trying to get some info about their modifications and if we could expect them here. I was lucky enough to get replies, even though they werent good news... Here they are...

Ford -

20/7/9
Dear Troy,

Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford Australia).

Ford Australia has no confirmed plans to release an upgraded performance model of the Fiesta.

Your comments will be directed to our design and planning teams who utilise this constructive feedback to help us continually build excellent products for the future.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Ford Australia.

Kind regards,

Mountune

20/7/9
Hi Troy,

Supplying our upgrades to you guys in Australia would be ideal for us... We know there are a lot of Australian Ford-nuts and from the number fo enquiries we've had in the last year... Getting them to you, supporting them technically and getting Ford of Australia on side is the problem.

When we approached them before they didn't seem at all interested - however, some other parties form Ford of Australia now do seem interested so we'll keep chipping away to try and get them all on side.

Thanks for your enquiry and I hope we can help you in the near future,

Best regards,

David Moore
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #28
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Ssssssh. Just quietly, Rob Herrod may possibly have some good news soon on Mountune. Stay tuned
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #29
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AutoExpress UK loved the Mountune Fiesta ...

Couple of nice vids, check out the onboard lap one at the bottom of the page ... gotta love that exhaust note!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi..._mountune.html
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #30
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool video!!!! I cant wait until they have the mountune mods here in Oz
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post